“Very disappointing stay”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Toronto
“Very disappointing stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The room we booked was a one bedroom suite. i was staying with my wife and daughter. When i made the reservation I was assured that the pullout sofa was comfortable. When we checked in the room was dirty and the pullout was not only uncomfortable but stained and filthy.
the only saving grace was the front desk staff tried to help but the facility is in need of upgrading.
I would not stay there again and I am surprised at the condition of this Sheraton property.

2 Thank wayne09toronto
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for your posting. I was quite disturbed to read about the condition of your room when you recently stayed at our hotel. There is simply no excuse for the failures on our part. It appears that you did catch us at our worst, and for that I deeply apologize.

I am confident that when you visit us again you will find the conditions have improved.

Thank you again for your comments. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
McKinney, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Sheraton Clayton was a fine choice for an overnight business trip. There was nothing wrong with it (food - lunch and dinner - was average at best) but nothing particularly memorable either. They did easily grant me a (slightly) late checkout, which was appreciated.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write us concerning your recent visit to our hotel.

While we appreciate your designation as fine hotel, we will work hard during your next visit to make it a memorable experience so we may earn a 4 or 5 star rating.

Thank you for your recent visit.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel staff was pleasant and invested in the highest level of service and performance. All areas from front desk to concierge to banquet were on top of their game and dedicated to providing the best customer care. A great overall experience. Good job.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about the wedding weekend recently held at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel.

We work very hard to make those once in a life time experiences something special to remember.

We wish the bride and groom a long, healthy and prosperous life together.

Please let us know when we may be your host in the future.
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a bad experience upon check-in. Room was inspected by desk clerk and problem quickly fixed. good location and convenient to restaurants and shopping. Was just OK and thought that the rates were a little high for the hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about your Sheraton Clayton experience.

We were delighted to learn that our Front Desk Associate was quick to respond to your need when you were not satisfied with your room.

Many guests do enjoy our location for the shopping and restaurants in Clayton or at the Galleria Mall.

We look forward to being your host in the near future.
Springfield, IL
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went down to STL to visit the Zoo for father's day weekend - did a priceline hunt and got a room for $68.00 - was hopeful that we would be able to get two queen beds (as there were 2 adults and 1 child in our party) however, it was a busy weekend and they did not have anything other than the one queen bed we had been guarrenteed.

I asked for a roll away and it was in our room within 30 min. Everything was clean - the room as on the small side but adequate for our needs for one night. My 4 year old was in love with the pool and we spent a lot of time out there. We enjoyed the roof deck for a bit in the evening as well.

Did not use many of the amenities other than the pool - but for the price I would totally stay there again. We were able to park on the street and avoid the parking charge. I will say that the vending machines were out of service on many of the floors, that was annoying but not really a huge deal.

I'd go back. Starbucks coffee in the rooms is a nice thing!

Happy Father’s Day!

We were delighted to learn we made a small contribution to the success of your Father’s Day celebration.

Thank you for selecting the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel was ok. The room furniture was very cheap. I requested a king size bed, front desk agent ''switched'' it for me and said I would get a king....get up to my room still two double beds. Thankfully I got the two double beds cause the first one I tried to lay on was broken as if the box spring or frame was broken.

My coworker's bathroom locked her out and she had to get maintenance to open it for her. For being in clayton I expected a little nicer hotel. Not as nice as other Sheratons I have stayed in.

Walls were also very thin I could hear my neighbors tv and conversations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We were disappointed to learn we failed to meet your expectations with respect to a number of items.

It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards. Let me simply say that all of us here at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel are committed to providing a much better and more pleasant experience for our guests than what you had the misfortune of experiencing.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Ron Juneman

Travellers are raving about these Clayton hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I arrived here after a drive from Chicago, for a two day stay, the parking is convenient with outdoor and lower level covered parking (for those stormy days). The lobby was busy with meeting, and had a friendly concierge.

My recommendation is an upper floor which has a bit of a view of downtown St.Louis, if you focus hard enough.

Once again a fine business hotel, I personally would not stay here with a family.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind remarks indicating we are a good business hotel.
We also take pride in being a family favorite for many. Our over-sized indoor pool and spacious rooms with two queen beds address the needs of many families. Families also enjoy our close proximity to Forest Park and the St. Louis Zoo. Others take advantage of the MetroLink light rail system to travel to the Arch or the Sports venues downtown and then return to the tranquility the City of Clayton provides.

Thanks again for your designation as a good business hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Ron Juneman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Hampton Inn and Suites Clayton / St Louis - Galleria Area
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Seven Gables Inn
Seven Gables Inn
#4 of 5 in Clayton
The Cheshire
The Cheshire
#39 of 120 in Saint Louis

Been to Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!