Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
The Cheshire(Saint Louis)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclayton plazathe club loungebeds were comfortablebusiness tripfree shuttlest louisself parkingfitness centerrhondadowntownzoowashappetizersconferencemetrolinkcampussuburb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza last year when I brought my son to college and just stayed this past weekend for my son's 2nd year. I will be honest - it was a lot nicer last year. During the past year it seems that the hotel has really taken a hit on its maintenance and possibly its management. The lobby is nice but after that you start to see the wear and tear on this older property. The carpet is stained in almost every area- my room had a really disgusting big stain at the entry way of the room. Even the hallways have stains throughout the building. The elevators are old and slow and seemed like they were unclean. The hotel had a kitchen fire and therefore is not serving a full menu in the dining room but yet still has high prices with little to offer. Not even a roll could be given prior to our meal being served. I found there also to be a lack of security in the building - the doors to the parking garage were always open and even the gates were open at all times. It felt very unsafe to think that anybody could get into the building and not be noticed. Throughout my stay, the same dirty plates and glasses sat in the hallway outside of rooms on my floor as well as the 14th floor. There is no excuse for that on a concierge floor. With all that being said, my room was nice, quiet, and clean (except for the carpet stain) and was a nice retreat from the rest of the hotel. With many more choices in the area, I will probably choose another place to stay on my next visit.

Room Tip: higher floor (concierge level) although the elevators take forever!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

We appreciate you talking about how you enjoyed your room and we hope you enjoyed the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding.

We are pleased to announce that after a major reconstruction of one of our elevators, it is now back in service. We expect to have our kitchen rebuilt by the end of September. In the meantime the Food and Beverage team is developing and offering some new menu items for your enjoyment.

We have noted your concerns regarding the facilities. We apologize for not meeting your expectations and we will use your thoughts as guidance for future facility plans and actions.

We look forward to showing you improvements on your next visit to the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is obviously an older hotel and wasn't one I chose, but it was the location of a conference I was attending. This wasn't necessarily a fabulous hotel, but I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet of good quality, and the bed surprisingly comfortable. The location was away from the busiest parts of town, and that made it easy to walk to local restaurants without worrying about too much traffic or crowds. If staying there, I suggest avoiding a room that could be adjoining, as light and noise come through the doors easily. Parking is not free, so be aware of that if cost is an issue. There aren't any great views that I was aware of, but I suggest selecting rooms on a higher floor (I think there are 15 floors). Pets are allowed, which may be a plus or a minus for some travelers.

Room Tip: high floor. Not adjoining rooms, unless you want them.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel.

We were delighted to learn you enjoyed your Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding and the hospitality extended to you our friendly Associates.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Came up with the family for a fun weekend and a Cardinals game. Hotels availability is limited in the summer and I had to look hard to find a room that was not in Chesterfield, et al. We got a rate on priceline of 130/night and I thought that would be a steal in the area. I was wrong. This was one of the most unpleasant stays I have ever had in a hotel.

First, the positives. It is in a good location. Great proximity to the highway, Galleria, Forrest Park, and downtown.

As far as the hotel it is semi-clean, but service and amenities were disastrous. One of the elevators was down and the other one was the slowest I have ever seen. We spent half the trip climbing up and down nine flights of stairs to get to our room. The business center was down so we had to print our Cardinals tickets elsewhere. The room was smaller than a typical NYC room. It was uncomfortable and the walls were paper thin. Cable was out for most of the trip.

You could not pay me to stay here again.

3  Thank JFE1980
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

We are pleased to announce that after a major reconstruction of one of our elevators, the hotel now has all of its elevator services restored. We apologize for the inconvenience some experienced while an elevator was out of service.

Thank you for pointing out how great our location is to the Galleria Mall, Forest Park and many other points of interest. We are also just a short MetroLink ride away from the sports venues or the Arch located downtown.

We offer our cozy queen rooms as an exceptional value. For a small additional fee we also offer large king bed or double queen bedded rooms.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton Clayton for business. Good location. However, the elevators were broken. The AC was noisy and kept waking me up. Staff was pleasant and helpful but the place looked worn and overall a poor experience. I would not stay again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank sxjose
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for the high marks you provided our location. We also appreciate you mentioning our staff was pleasant and helpful.

We apologize for the conditions you experienced.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We checked into several rooms last weekend and the hotel was full. One of their elevators were out of order (and had been that way for a while and a note said that it would not be fixed for a while) and it took forever to get up and down all weekend. Guest were getting so frustrated after spending upwards or 10 minutes or more waiting on an elevator that was then full and no room to get on. The staircases were full of folks going from floor to floor. Unfortunately I was on the 10th floor and my daughter on the 12th, so we spent a lot of time in the staircase. By the end of the weekend, Guests were plain nasty about stuffing the elevator with people as that is what it took.
Not one time did any front desk staff apologize for the long waits or even acknowledge it. And the rooms were over $200. (I got mine on points)
My room had a sink that was coming off the wall, so the soap tray kept falling into the sink (room 1013, I believe). Overall, a very unpleasant weekend experience.

2  Thank rainey97

We apologize for the inconvenience as we rebuild one of our elevators. The complexity of that work has caused an unforeseen delay in returning the one of our elevators to service. The repair work is expected to be completed in the coming week.