“Great Location”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
GurpreetSM
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

The hotel was nice. The rooms were a good size and clean. It was centrally located to downtown Clayton. We were there for a wedding and happened to be in town for the annual Art Fair, which was really nice.
The only downside was that the front desk staff wasn't really organized. They messed up on our bill and it took them well over a half hour to correct it. In the end, the bill was fixed.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Port Washington NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

My husband, son & I stayed here to visit Wash U, and found this Sheraton to be a great home away from home. The front desk personnel are warm & friendly...in fact, everyone we came into contact with was very pleasant! The phone operator arranged a shuttle for us with total expediency, and the shuttle drivers were all very professional and courteous. I was very impressed by the energy they had, popping out of the driver's seat to run around to the passenger side & open our door. The room was well appointed, clean, and fresh. The hotel's location is very close to Wash U, and the shuttle comes & goes frequently. You can't beat the price/value relationship! We found a great Thai restaurant (The Blue Elephant) within walking distance. We were so pleased with the hotel and it's service, that I booked it for two future trips to Wash U. I recently called to extend our reservation, and the front desk employee who answered couldn't have been more pleasant--I was definitely smiling on my end!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank PortFamilyTravels
Central Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

My husband and I decided to get away for the weekend, and chose this hotel because they had a special: $85 per night for a king-sized bed guest room. We were right in the middle of Clayton, within walking distance from many great resteraunts and a very short drive from Forest Park, Delmar Loop, and other activities.

The service was outstanding--from the concierges to the bartenders (EXCELLENT lounge, and food, by the way!) to the maintenence staff, everyone was friendly and did their jobs with excellence. The only reason I gave the room four out of five was because it had the slightest unpleasant odor--just that room, though. Otherwise everything was very clean and we were very well taken care of.

Huge, deep pool which was very nice, but no hot tub--we really wished there had been one. Nice work out facility, and overall very updated and modern hotel. Our only complaints were the strange smell in the room, no hot tub and $7/night parking (ouch!)Definately different than the Sheraton West Port we accidentally tried to check in to--that place was clearly running down and had a much less friendly and clean atmosphere.

We will be returning to the Sheraton Clayton Plaza!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Ankeny, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

My stay was fine, not any real problems or complaints, just not exactly what I was expecting from a Sheraton. I was able to get a good rate through my father's membership in the Sheraton "Preferred Guest" program.
The good: Front desk staff. Wow, they were amazing. Best service I've had in a long time. I was able to leave my bags in a secure location after check out so I did not have to take them to the zoo. 42" TV in the room. wow it was huge. Nice and comfortable beds. Large swimming pool.
The not so good: Parking is $14! No hot tub. At least not anywhere I saw in the pool area. The decor is dated. The water bottle in my room would have cost me like $4 if I had drank it. The WiFi cost about $10 a day.

Conclusion - Hotel is clean, comfortable and staff is great, but without my special rate it would have been WAY overpriced. Not what I expect from a Sheraton.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2009

42" LCD's -- the best bedding wonderful room and superb Hotel management ! Senior Management Staff welcomes customers every morning in the front lobby ! Any problems and they to help and make things right. They really care !!! Sandy at the front desk is the best makes you welcome once you arrive and went out of her way to make your stay a wonderful one.
The pool area needs a lot of improvement and so the new trent of upselling (internet $10.- parking $14.- )

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

We decided to go to St. Louis spur of the moment, and booked this hotel on Hotwire for $75 after taxes. I figured I would have to pay for parking, which was $14, but we didn't know that until after we got our bill under the door. I would say though, for the value it was a good decision. Both times we went to the pool, we had it to ourselves. The pool was probably the best part of the trip.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank aciretravel
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

I didn't know what to expect with this hotel, so i was pleasantly surprised on arrival. I read that there was a complimentary shuttle between the hotel and airport. The phone to book the shuttle at the aiport was very easy to find, but once at the hotel i found out that even though they're meant to run until 10pm - if they don't have many people they stop it earlier.

All of the hotel staff were very friendly and would go out their way to greet you and help you with information on the surrounding area. I had access to a car so it was easy to get to places. I don't know how easy it would've been to get around if i had no car.

The room itself was spacious enough and cleaned every morning. There were also free bottles of water and clean towels every day. Downstairs there was a bar and restaurant, but i didn't use either. There was also free internet access in the lobby, which was very helpful.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone of all ages and purposes.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank survivorGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Hampton Inn and Suites Clayton / St Louis - Galleria Area
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Seven Gables Inn
Seven Gables Inn
#4 of 5 in Clayton
The Cheshire
The Cheshire
#38 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!