“Rehearsal Dinner”
Review of Cafe Napoli

Cafe Napoli
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Napoli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Clayton
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bemiston
Description: When Tony Pietoso opened the original Cafe Napoli in the '80s, it quickly became a success. So Successful, in fact, that it moved to a bigger location at 7754 Forsyth Blvd. The restaurant continued to flourish with its generous portions of regional Italian specialties. Cafe Napoli has recently undergone a facelift and has added Bar Napoli next door. The swank cocktail lounge has soft lighting and a separate wine room that can accommodate 30 diners. The kitchen is headed by chef Jeff Davis, who has been with the restaurant for several years. Fortunato Pietoso, Tony's brother, has also returned to the kitchen. Tony makes rounds chatting with customers, many of whom appear to be on a first-name basis with him. The sons Ande and Kye split their time between the Bar and Cafe, as they are being groomed to take over the family business. Cafe Napoli is a must visit when in the St. Louis area. Some guests include Tony Bennett, Gloria Estefen, Joe Torre and Arnold Palmer to name a few.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Rehearsal Dinner”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Cafe Napoli really made my rehearsal dinner and welcome party go as smoothly as possible. My in-laws aren't the best RSVPers, and when we had extra guests show up unexpectedly, I didn't even notice. The coordinator is very helpful and quickly responsive to emails. The food was wonderful, and I loved that they let us keep the room (the main bar) private until 10 so that I could have a more intimate dinner and then a larger welcome party for all out-of-town guests. As two different people were paying for the dinner and welcome party, they did a great job of keeping things separate. Everyone had a blast, and we had rave reviews about the food.

Visited July 2013

St Louis
“Great New Chef”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I think they must have hired a new chef because the food is way better than it was in the past. Six of us went to Napoli last week and everybody had great food! Keep it up!

1 Thank JimStLouis
Rocky Point, New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Coming from NY for a business trip and having some of the best Italian food available, I was somewhat hesitant to eat Italian when we were invited to dinner here. However, I was soon very impressed with this place! We had a group of about 20 of us in a separate room. They brought out all kinds of apps which were delicious and the dinners were just as good. I can't say a bad thing about my experience -- the food & service were wonderful!

Evanston, Wyoming
“So, so food”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a large group that had arranged a set price ($25) dinner with cash bar. They had two different stations with pasta and appetizers. Food was just average and thought they might have included some bread and maybe dessert for the price.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Riki H
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Arrogant and rude!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a month-long reservation for 10 at 6:00. The manager called and said we had been moved to 5:30. I have never - NEVER - had this happen before. We all hurried to arrive and, when we arrived there was no one ready for customers. Finally the hostess said we had a reservation for 8. When we said it was 10, the manager said 8 could be seated with 2 across the restaurant. We decided to leave and were confronted by the manager, the owner and the owner's son. The owner's son became belligerent and lied to our faces about the reservation. He asked if I was in the restaurant business. Actually, my wife has owned a managed restaurants, so…YES!. We determined that a preferred customer had called and we had been 'bumped.' The reservation was in my name - normally we use my wife's family name. Never again - there goes $8-10k of annual business. I hope there is a boycott and this places closes.

6 Thank David S