“A shadow of its former self”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A shadow of its former self”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

This used to be a great place. What happened? All they have going for them now is a great patio. A patio at which, however, the service is execrable. Their food is mediocre and the thing is, it used to be great. What happened?

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ready314

Louisville, Kentucky
“charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was another recommendation to us from a friend who used to live in St.Louis. And we are so glad we ate there. The atmosphere was comfy and quiet. Our waiter was attentive, yet gave us our privacy. My husband had the steak dinner which he was very happy with. The food portions are large. I opted to have a small plate of the risotto. It was exactly what I wanted....just the right size and very tasty. Very pleased with this restaurant.

Visited September 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I did not like the ambiance. The room was so open it was uncomfortable. It seemed that some paintings on the wall might help. The food was nothing special in fact I cant remember what I had. The service was not bad and not good. I only had one evening open for dinner and I regretted choosing this restaurant. This is only the 2nd poor review I have written on a restaurant. I normally do not make bad choices due to the research I do before picking a restaurant. I would not say anything was horrible it was just bland. It was not worth the money spent.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Christine-Murf
Ames Iowa
“Thinks YOU should be grateful to eat there”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I work near Cardwell's, so I've been there many times. The food is fine, nothing special but usually cooked as requested with a decent variety. In the spring and fall, there is a very nice outside seating area that adds to the experience. However, the management and staff still have the attitude that perhaps was deserved 20 years ago when this place was "IN". Getting seated is slow, ordering is slow, getting the food is slow, and the consistent attitude (over 20+ visits) is that YOU are lucky to be there, and slow inattentive service is the price you pay for being lucky enough to eat at such a posh and desirable place. I only go there when I am not starving and don't have a meeting after lunch.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank HappyBusinessTravel
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
“Faded elegance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

This place is an old school classy joint but a little stuffy for anything but business lunch. Food and service were fine but decor/atmosphere was from 30 years ago. Would go again but only for business lunch.

Visited December 2012