“Best Filet Steak - melt-in-your-mouth tender”

801 Chophouse St. Louis
Reserve with OpenTable
801 Chophouse St. Louis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel front desk recommended 801 Chophouse. We brought a dear friend who lives nearby but hadn't tried it. She and I shared a 12 oz filet. The first bite brought the same response from each of us, "Wow!" Just tasted the cheesecake recommended by our waiter. 2nd "Wow!" We were greeted by Ian, the GM who gave us the history of 801 Restaurants. Good story. I look forward to trying Kansas City locations.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food in fabulous space. Great steaks and everything else. Sunday price fix at 33 per person go and enjoy this is worth every $

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 March 2014

At first I was skeptical about 801 after been to Morton's many times and it being my favorite steakhouse in St. Louis. After last Saturday night I think there is a new #1 in my book. First of all, the atmosphere is great. I felt like I was in Chicago or New York, very classy lighting and music. The service was top notch and rivals Tony's or Sidney Street Cafe. I started with the 801 chop salad, which I definitely recommend! All of the steaks here are USDA Prime and top quality. I myself had the 12 oz. ribeye which was very flavorful and tender, with a nice buttery crust. The waiter made a point to say that all steaks are cooked at 1800 degrees! The sides were also amazing. Our table split the lobster mac and cheese, which was my favorite, the Brussels sprouts, and the fresh made french fries. I also indulged and had my steak served with the bone marrow butter bath, which was so flavorful and rich! For dessert, go for the beignets. They are light, and tasty, and a great finish to a great meal. This is a definitely a special occasion restaurant as the prices are very high for St. Louis. Steaks range from $40-72.

Overall a must try for top quality steakhouse fans!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Well, a vegetarian reviewing a steakhouse- that's how good. In this case, the steakhouse is soooo good- even for a vegetarian. The sides, the vegetables and oh yeah the steaks are exceptional. The interior works well. A classic steakhouse with a significant upgrade.

1  Thank scott s
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Oh my goodness! Everything from the decor to the food to the service was incredible. We came for a special occasion and it was wonderful. Our reservation was at 8pm and when we arrived the place seemed quite busy, yet we were sat almost immediately. I started off with the 801 Chophouse Salad and it was fantastic. All the flavors balanced out very nicely, and the poached egg on top really added to the texture, flavor and richness. Also there were 4 very nice size pieces of pork belly which just melted in your mouth. I ordered the 6oz filet medium and it was cooked perfectly. The crust on all sides was even and amazing. They only season with salt and pepper, but you really don't need anything else, though I did order the bone marrow butter bath on the side and it was unbelievable. There were 5 of us and we split sides of brussels sprouts, lobster mac, and fries well done. Each side was extremely tasty and we had more than enough for the table. For dessert we all split the lemon,lemon,lemon and the beingets. The Beingets were fluffy and warm and the dipping sauces that come with, you could eat with a spoon! After we collected our care from valet (valet is only until 11 like the restaurant) and parked at the Ritz and had a few drinks and danced... if you had an earlier reservation I would suggest walking from 801 to the Ritz for after dinner drinks and dancing and as long as you return by 11 you wouldnt have to repark!