“Excellent food”
Review of Oceano Bistro

Oceano Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Oceano Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Clayton
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maryland Ave.
Description: We are St. Louis' premiere fresh fish bistro. Our chefs, in partnership with fisherman, farmers and food artisans have searched the worlds' seas to bring to the St. Louis area what is enjoyed by those who live on the coasts.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Oceano Bistro is a wonderful restaurant to visit if you have people with varied tastes. The seafood was excellent, the steak was excellent and the dessert menu grand. I have been here several times without a hitch. The noise level is fine. Conversations are easy. Valet parking.

1  Thank esbstlouis

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Bought a voucher off Living Social for this resturant - we found a one night stay at a near-by inn and figured they would go together well.

Reservations for 2 people at 7 - we arrived early and were seated. Great atmosphere. Wine list is amazing - I tried several different ones rather than commit to a bottle. Our waitress, Lorena, was fantastic. Recommended we split a salad rather than each order as they are large - great idea. I ordered the Sea Bass special; my husband had the Trout - both dishes were fantastic.

As it was my birthday - they brought a delicious and rich chocolate cake - it was divine. The hubby had the white chocolate bread pudding.

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner - took our time and had a great converation - never felt rushed nor was the noise level too loud to enjoy each other's company.

If you get the chance to eat at Oceano - DO IT!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were a party of 30 on a Friday evening, which had disaster written all over it, but the staff at Oceano Bistro rose to the occasion. Our choices were limited to 4 or 5 entrees, but were certainly a nice selection for the group. Each of the appetizers were made available to order and were all delicious. We chose the calamari, kobe sliders, and the crab cakes. Everyone was happy with their entrees. The wine list was good, and overall a very successful and enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife and I and a friend had a fabulous meal last night at this superb restaurant. First of all, the entrees were outstanding: steamed shellfish over pasta, grilled shellfish on risotto, sea bass. As good as I've ever had. Our plates were absolutely clean when we finished. Our waitress was a real charmer, knowledgable and smart. Name of Brittany. (How can you forget that name?) I had a Blanton's bourbon on the rocks... a healthy pour from the barkeep. Sound level where we sat was perfect.... active, sociable but able to talk and hear. Only negative: they seated us promptly at 7:15 but the manager showed us to terrible table for 3, stuck in the corner, next to a noisy bar scene. When I asked to be moved, he seemed offended, said "We're completely booked tonight," then walked away... to seat a couple at a table for 4 in a quieter spot. He did not make any effort to please me. So I talked to the ownere, who promptly had us seated at a quieter table. Thank you, boss man. By the way, my dessert was delicious. Pear and apple cobbler. Great seafood in St. Louis? Yes, at Oceano in Clayton.

1  Thank Easyg1
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Oceano Bistro was running a special for "a taste of Clayton" featuring a three course meal at a very nice price. I had the house salad, blackened Mahi Mahi and bread pudding. The flavors were wonderful and the service was great.

2  Thank Moved2Texas