“Busy, lively, and enjoyable!”

City Coffee House & Creperie
Ranked #6 of 76 Restaurants in Clayton
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped by here with the recommendation of a friend for coffee and crepes. We encountered a long line that quickly dwindled with the 4-5 registers open for the morning rush. I had a crepe with fruit that was soft, warm, and memorable. City Coffee is a well run machine able to please the crepe enthusiast!

1  Thank themchn211

Reviewed 24 April 2014

After a walk through Shaw Park we happened upon this lovely little eatery. They have a good variety of crepes and other breakfast and lunch items. We had crepes and they were divine. I loved the Santa Fe I had with chorizo, tomatoes, avocado. And I especially loved the option for buckwheat crepes. We added fresh blueberries to the lemon curd dessert crepe. The place has a nice buzz and the porch area allowed us to feel like we were sitting outside even on a chilly day.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

the atmosphere is very French...much talking and loud. Little table close together. the crepe's are huge and delicious. lately the quality has fallen a little but the staff is trying... Great place overall and the fruit and waffles are really good. Nice menu and French bread I hope they stay French.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Will I go back? Yes. The menu is a bit overwhelming with all of the choices of crepes. The drink menu is located behind the counter and is difficult to read. Once you navigate this you are in for a treat. The crepes are outstanding. I had a migas crepe with chorizo and buckwheat instead of the traditional crepe. It was outstanding, full of flavor and a large portion. My wife tried the banana crepe and could not finish it because it was too big. It too was well prepared and had an outstanding taste. The coffee was very high quality and worth the price. We were there early on a Saturday morning so it was not very busy but the atmosphere was quiet and the restaurant clean.

1  Thank WillC7
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was looking for a place to have brunch and hang out for a few minutes, and from an online review I read this sounded like the perfect place. And it was!

I tried the Mont Blanc crepe - a huge wrap filled with chicken, mushrooms, red onions, and a delicious cream sauce. I also had a skinny vanilla latte, and took a nutella/banana dessert crepe to go, which I ate over the next two days, and it was also delicious.

The atmosphere is bustling bakery/cafe, but there's an abundance of seating, so I tucked myself into a corner table and was able to eat and read undisturbed. I hung out for about an hour early in the afternoon on a Sunday, and never felt pushed to leave.

It was just what I was looking for, and I'll definitely plan to go back again when I'm in town. After all, I still need to try the quiche!