1. Janice & Taylor at the front were extremely friendly and helpful. You can definitely feel the "midwestern hospitality" from them. I have to give them credit for some of the fastest check ins I've seen from any hotel.
2. Lobby and conference rooms are very grand and elegant. There are chandeliers everywhere in the lobby, conference hallways, etc.
3. Breakfast buffet comes with the room and it's got really good stuff. The omelet line is always 3-4 people deep.
4. There is plenty of wheelchair accessibility everywhere compared to most hotels.
5. Hotel is in a very good location near very good restaurants and the train station are all in walking distance.
6. Concierge lounge is 2 floors and Arlisa was also very friendly and hospital to everyone.
7. Internet speeds are crazy fast. 18 Mbps download and 9 Mbps upload.
1. There is plenty of brass everywhere in the hotel on handrails, elevators, etc but none of it is polished. Just a personal issue... most people probably won't even notice it.
2. I saw at least 3 people in the lobby that were shirtless coming from the pool. This does not bother me but some folks may not like it.
3. Parking is in a garage and the driveway up to the hotel lobby is very tight and small. The hotel is on a 40 degree hill which is weird.
4. It looks as if the Police station is across the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Clayton Plaza Hotel in St. Louis, just 15 minutes from Lambert St. Louis International Airport, centrally located in the heart of St. Louis's most prestigious business and residential district and within walking distance of many of St. Louis s finest restaurants, bars, boutiques, and galleries. The Clayton Plaza is conveniently surrounded by notable Forbes & Fortune 500 corporations such as Monsanto, Brown Shoe and Morgan Stanley, to name a few. Nearby attractions include Saint Louis Galleria, Washington University, Gateway Arch, Union Station, Busch Stadium (Cardinals Baseball), Edward Jones Dome (Rams Football), Savvis Center (Blues Hockey), Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Grant's Farm, Forest Park featuring St. Louis Zoo, Muny Opera, Fox Theatre, Convention Center, Casinos and Six Flags. The Clayton Plaza Hotel has recently completed a $10.5 million renovation. Come and experience the Clayton Plaza difference, pamper yourself in the spacious and relaxing guest rooms featuring the seven-layer-bed sleep amenity package and complimentary wireless high speed internet access. The Clayton Plaza boasts over 21,000 square feet of flexible meeting space including the Top of The Tower Crystal Ballroom. Stay at the Clayton Plaza Hotel and experience our consummate service and attention to detail. We deliver the Clayton Plaza promise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Clayton Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza St Louis
- Crowne Plaza Clayton
- Clayton Plaza Hotel Saint Louis, MO