I stayed at the Ritz for a work conference and was pleased with the experience. I don't know a lot about the history of the hotel, but it seems quite old and Victorian. Everything is beautifully decorated and the rooms were very spacious. My room had a balcony but it was directly over the highway. The weather was so nice, I wanted to sleep with the balcony doors open but the noise was a bit intrusive, so I had to close them. The beds were comfy and they provided luxurious robes to use as well. Although the hotel did not have smoking rooms, there was a cigar club location near the lobby and the smoky/musty smell was very strong.
All staff members I encountered were very pleasant and helpful. Always willing to go out of their way to give directions or assist. They had some fruit infused water in the lobby that was quite tasty as well! The food at our conference was very good and they had a big selection of items.
I guess the term "putting on the Ritz" applies as everything is nice but VERY expensive. It is a good thing that my company picked up the tab as I would not have been able to afford to stay at the Ritz for a personal trip. Overall, very nice hotel if you have the means to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Entranced by stunning chandeliers, graceful marble, and deep, rich woods, one immediately understands how The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis became an icon in this city dubbed "The Gateway to the West." Amid the warm ambiance of our luxury hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, guests are transported to an elegant and refined era, one that is alive and well in this adventurous Midwestern city. Suddenly you feel inspired to linger over a martini, close a business arrangement, or just give wild abandon to the senses. Treasured by residents for its famed Lobby Lounge featuring a martini bar with over 200 martinis and hand-rolled sushi, private cigar club, and gracious service, it is no surprise that The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis has consistently earned the distinguished Four-Star rating from Forbes Travel Guide Star Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton St. Louis Hotel Clayton
- Ritz Saint Louis
- Ritz-Carlton Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis Saint Louis/Clayton, MO