“Wonderful service, pleasant hotel.”

The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Greenfield, WI
“Wonderful service, pleasant hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Rooms were lovely- upgrade to the executive suite when you can, well worth it. Rooms are large and bathrooms are as well. The executive suite offers a powder room in the main living area which is nice, especially when you are travelling with other who visit your room. The pool area is small, but extremely well maintained. The weather was cool when we were there, so the "sun deck" was not appointed for the season yet- but it was small and overlooked the train tracks. :( The lobby lounge was very nice, a roaring fire and live music each evening we were there which we enjoyed. The location is a bit of a drive (or train ride) into the "downtown" area of St. Louis, but in close proximity to the train station (about a 15 minute ride to the Arch) and a number of very nice restaurants. Would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a club level upgrade- the club level lounge is well worth the additional cost per night.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 11Rebecca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I don't have much of an opinion of St Louis. I'm sure it's a fine town, but I have to come here for work a few times a year and that sometimes clouds the charm of a place. That said, I try to always make a point to stay at the Ritz.
It's truly one of my favorite rooms for sleeping.

What to love?
- They have sushi on the room service menu and it's pretty good. It's great to be able to order sushi and maybe a glass of champagne (Clicquot is on the list by the glass!) from room service. So much better than the normal travel 'cuisine' I get stuck with.

- My room had a little porch. You're not going to spend a ton of time out there as it's small, yet having fresh air in a hotel room is so rare and so welcomed.

- The bed is big and soft and for me one of the best.

- Bathroom is large and well appointed. Shower has great pressure and is well designed. Sink area is large.

- Very nice & friendly staff.

Just an all around classy spot to lay your head. If I'm in St. Louis, I'm here.

Oh, one last note. Here's a negative: If you're like me and carry a stupid amount of phones and devices with you, there are not really any plugs near the bed. As we all know, most 'business travel' hotels have a dozen outlets on the bedside table so your black rectangle can be plugged in and can be close by. The Ritz has no bedside table plugs.
I have no problem with that. My black rectangle can sleep on the desk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank OhFranklin
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here last weekend visiting my son at Washu. The service here is what you should expect from a Ritz Carlton....very nice. Everyone we encountered genuinely wanted to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Its a classic Ritz in decor...not modern. Some might say its a bit old fashioned in decor but its comfortable and exceptionally maintained. The Club Level is really great with excellent staff and food/beverage offerings all day. Well worth it. The fitness area is a bit small but they have an indoor pool which can be a bonus for families. I stay here because of the service though. just great people...especially their Director of Services, Barbaros. I made contact with him on my first visit and he noticed I was coming in again and emailed me to see if there was anything I needed. He made a point to find me on site to make sure everything was going well with my stay. I will not stay anywhere else in St. Louis. This place can't be beat!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark E
Edina, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I visited the Ritz-Carlton for business and it was delightful from beginning to end. I stayed with my sister and my daughter. We were welcomed at every turn. The lobby was lovely with dark wood and marble all around. Looks very high end (which it clearly is!) Our room was large and had a nice little Juliet balcony with a door that actually opened. We ended up keeping the door open all night for some fresh air. It was great.

The bed was extremely comfortable!

We also had access to the club level and that was also a surprising delight. The staff was very helpful with restaurant recommendations, and were just overall very friendly.
I am not sure how the parking ramp works. Some of the times I went in/out the gate was open and I drove right on in, but another time, there was a woman who was in the booth, but she just waved me through. I have noticed that others have said it was $25 (which is a little high!) but I didn't pay anything....so, no good intel on that.

Overall, I would definitely stay there again, and will seek out other Ritz Carlton hotels in other cities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank EdinaTraveler5105
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel three times over the two years and it just keeps getting better. I think a new owner bought it a couple of years ago and you can really see the improvement. Many times I think I don't want to spend the extra money to stay at a Ritz Carlton but after the spectacular level of service this past weekend I think it is worth every penny. Rooms are great. Building is great. Location in Clayton perfect. Sasa, the director of operations, introduced himself at the front desk when we checked in and always made sure to say hello and check up on us throughout our stay. Everyone from bellmen, to front desk and housekeeping handled their job in a professional but friendly manner. Definitely will go back here on my next trip to STL.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ArthurLondon
Indianola, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here many times and have always been pleased. Hotel is comfortable with luxury bedding and towels. Has a great steam/pool. Very good restaurant and bar. Service is always top notch especially the concierge. Our son attends Wash U so we are frequent stayers and this hotel consistently meets the mark!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank julie g
Homewood, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

You know when you stay @ the Ritz-Carlton you always expect the best; however, this staff was really wonderful. Made you feel like it was a boutique hotel & everyone was a friend of the family.
Highly recommend it for all

Green Features: extremely friendly staff; made you feel @ home. Highly environmentally friendly
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DebraB18858
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Downtown
Downtown
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
#5 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis? Share your experiences!