The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
The Cheshire(Saint Louis)
View Hotel
All reviewscigar barclub levellobby loungest louisthe grillfour seasonssushiin room diningsmall balconybeautiful propertyluxury hotelroom serviceexecutive suitefitness centerrooms are largebusiness tripwashington university
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I accompanied my husband on a business trip here and was thrilled I did. This hotel offered everything that you always expect from and receive from a Ritz-Carlton hotel. Wonderful service, elegant surroundings, attention to detail and wonderful amenities like live music in the fabulous lobby bar (really great people watching and very fun!). Sushi in the lobby bar was good and a nice twist. Rooms and bathrooms were quite large and spotlessly clean. The location outside of the city by 20-30 min. initially threw us off, but we were thrilled with it. Great neighborhood location with a lot of restaurants and shopping close by. I took advantage of the Aveda spa that was right outside the hotel. There was also a fabulous steak restaurant just outside the door. Location was also great for exploring the art museum and botanical gardens. Lovely stay. Love my Ritz Carltons!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the city and get a great view of the skyline and arch at night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Douglas C, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear jaluca04,
It was a pleasure to read your review on your recent visit to St. Louis. I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed the music and people watching in the Lobby Lounge. The weekends are very fun with many locals and guests gathering for cocktails and dancing.
It was great that you were able to venture out and see the wonderful shops, salons and restaurants around the hotel. We are very fortunate to be in such a great part of St. Louis I will look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for “loving Ritz-Carlton”. Until then,
Warm regards,
Douglas Chang

Reviewed 9 August 2014

If every business trip allowed me stay at this place, I'd stay on the road all year! The Chase Park Plaza was sold out so I "had to" stay at the Ritz. Fantastic lobby and bar. Great rooms that are classic, but contemporary, and a nice balcony. The breakfast was also very good and reasonable considering it was at the ritz.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Terrific, food, lovely rooms, and very attentive staff. If you like to go for a run or walk, fun neighborhoods just out the door. Their chocolate cake is divine and for sale at any Ritz Carlton.
Coffee and water in the lobby, and if you want an espresso there's a great coffee shop right down the street.

Room Tip: My room was on the back side, but there are rooms with a view of downtown and the Arch
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a short one night stay here in mid-July and were very pleased with our choice.
The room was every comfortable and inviting with a very nice bed and plenty of room to spread out our luggage.
The bathroom was spacious with plenty of towels.
The TV was turned on when we entered the room so I had to turn it off. I don't watch TV and would have preferred that it not be in the room at all.
There was an iPhone dock/speaker/clock that seemed alright, but turned out not to charge my phone and had very crackly speakers that rendered it pretty much useless.
We were disappointed that room service was not offered 24hours a day. It was a quick overnight for us and we arrived just after room service stopped and left just before it opened.

The staff was very welcoming and held onto our luggage after our departure for a friend to pick up later that afternoon.

If I had the opportunity I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Immediately upon arrival we felt right at home being greeted by the valet staff. It was raining when we pulled up, and we thought it was a nice touch that the staff met us with umbrellas as they opened our doors.

That kind of above and beyond upscale service is always so impressive, just one of the many reasons we LOVE The Ritz Carlton brand of hotel properties!

To read a more in-depth review of the St. Louis Ritz Carlton property, please visit my site The Ritz Carlton Reviews - a dedicated Ritz Carlton review website: theritzcarltonreviews.com/us/st-louis.html

Room Tip: We booked the cheapest room and they immediately upgraded us because they were slow. We didn't even have to ask.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple