“an oasis in St. Louis”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Washington, DC
“an oasis in St. Louis”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

The Ritz-Carlton in St. Louis provides a consistently high-quality experience. The rooms, food and service are all what one would expect from any Ritz-Carlton, so no need to elaborate on them. There are, however, a few unique features worth mentioning. The lobby bar is usually hopping, due to live music and other special events that help attract a number of locals. The separate cigar club(off the lobby) provides a refined and very pleasant setting for enjoying a cigar, drinks and food. It also attracts a number of locals, and has a very friendly vibe. Finally, the hotel sits in the very pleasant downtown of Clayton, and it is possible to walk to a number of excellent restaurants, bars and shops. All around, a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
Bayarea, CA
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I'm guessing that this is one of the older Ritz Carlton. Spent two nights on a business conference. Woke up the first night to the sound of toilet running sporadically. Reported to the front desk in the morning only to find out in the evening that their maintenance person did not completely fix the toilet. Call the maintenance again, who showed up promptly, and this time, I opened the toilet water tank and show him where I think the problem was (hey, I do the fixin at home, and I suspected that the rubber flap was old). He promised to fix it while I went out for dinner, but when I returned, the toilet was still running. I ended up getting behind the toilet and fixing it myself.

Other than the toilet issue, the hotel was fine, and the bed was quity comfy. I'm not too picky when it comes to hotels, unless the room has that old smell, which this hotel did not have.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This is simply a wonderful hotel. I stayed here for my 30 year reunion. The decor, service, bar and bar musicians, banquet service, and rooms were outstanding. It is worth the money. I stayed on the Club Floor - where the lounge is beautiful and the food and service were excellent. You could easily eat breakfast, lunch and "dinner" there. Coffee and drinks are available (complementary) all day.

I will stay here the next time I need a hotel on the west side of St. Louis (actually Clayton, MO)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Missouri
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Great location. Can't beat the Ritz! This property does not disappoint.

I have two infants and they had cribs waiting for us already fitted with sheets when we arrived. Infant toiletries were also provided.

Wonderful Sunday Brunch! Great room service! Creme brulee for two @ 10 PM!!

Pool was immaculate. Attendant was super sweet and knew my girls on a first name basis. Impeccable Service!

Would not hesitate to book this property again and again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Manning10
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Upon arrival were greeted by a smiling young man who had actually opened with this property 20 years earlier. Ritz gets it. The face of Ritz Carlton St. Louis was a well crafted blend of smiles, attentiveness, kind words, great suggestions, generous hearts, fabulous service, wonderful food, beautiful decor and perfect springtime weather! Every room has a balcony and French doors - you can't lose!

I have stayed in the big brands near the Arch, spend about a month on the road each year, and am a member of everyone's loyalty program. My hat is off to the hospitality industry for the task of organizing employees, raw materials, lodging and technology into a consumer product. For this city, Ritz has perfected the recipe.

My wife and I enjoyed the surrounding shops and restaurants - easy stroll from the front door. Safe, fun relaxing. I highly recommend this property, it's top notch staff, and the supporting venues for business or leisure.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hyatt-hero
SW Missouri
Reviewed 28 February 2010

My wife and I stayed here on our wedding night. We pulled up to the front door and our bags were immediately loaded onto a luggage cart, they got in my car to valet park, and when I grabbed for my wallet to tip, the bellman motioned to me to put it away (I assume because I was young and on my wedding night). At check in we found out they'd given us a free upgrade with a really nice view (and we had even booked the room on Expedia).

The room was beautiful. We ordered pizza and we got a call from the front desk asking if we had ordered the pizza, and the delivery person was escorted up to our room by the bellman. I haven't stayed at many fancy hotels, but this was amazing. Both my wife and I had an excellent wedding night. Thanks to the Ritz-Carlton and their ladies and gentlemen.

We arrived a little after noon to check into the room. The room wasn't quite ready, so we went into the restaurant for lunch. They brought out a free dessert with congratulations written on it for our wedding. What a great staff!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank conserv21
bryn mawr, pa
Reviewed 22 December 2009

After a disappointing stay at the Dearborn Ritz-Carlton, I was happy to find the St. Louis RC to be more along the lines of what a Ritz-Carlton should be. From the moment I arrived and was given a delicious apple to the moment I checked out I felt like I was in a Ritz.
Lovely lobby, above average rooms, helpful staff. This is what I expect from the Ritz brand.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank lefty713
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Downtown
Downtown
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
#8 of 120 in Saint Louis

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis? Share your experiences!