“Tapas with a view”
Review of Oscars Tapas Bar

Oscars Tapas Bar
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Mijas Pueblo
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From the 1st of November till the April we welcome you from 11:00AM till 6:00PM.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We made a light lunch stop while visiting Mijas as a group of six. Stopped in here on a Monday which seemed to mean a few places that were more highly ranked on Trip Advisor were shut. It was a VERY hot day. We were glad to get out of the sun and the courtyard where Oscars has its outside seating was a great setting but even with parasols it is very warm. Our server did a great job setting up some extra shade and was fast to get our drinks out to cool us down.
Between us we ordered a small range of tapas which were all fantastic. The food was all more authentic tapas than you might find down on the coast (in my experience) but you need to order a lot to make it a decent sized meal. Nevertheless it was all very tasty.
A few of our group ordered cocktails which were a bit of a let down compared to everything else.
I think that is the setting wasn't so stunning it may be a less memorable visit, but worth a try.

1  Thank LDDHM
Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

When reading the reviews I see complaints about seating- it's traditional Spanish space with amazing Spanish tapas!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Visited here again after enjoying lovely Tapas last year and I was not disappointed. The chorizo in red wine was fantastic as was the chicken in Roquefort sauce which went well with a lovely Sangria. I just wish I could've eaten more! This is where I will head for if I return to Mijas again, which I am sure I will.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Mijas Pueblo is lovely and like us, you'll be trying to find a nice lunch with an amazing view down to Fuengirola

Finding the view wasn't easy because several of those restaurants had a short lunch service and we were late; after 3pm

We nearly chose the posher place above Oscars but the waitress there wouldn't give us the table for 6, the only one left with view because we were only 4. So we didn't bother - pretty much like she had!

Oscars WS really tasty small tapas and the price seemed pretty okay at €69 for 4, all drinking cola

Only problem was tiny little rickety tables, way to small to make it a comfortable visit
The chairs were not comfortable either and might not be good for older folks

However, it was pretty nice tapas!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Popped in to Oscars with family for lunch , we had the ham and cheese plate , deep fried prawns , meatballs , spicy potatoes and garlic bread , everything was lovely and the plates were left empty , views down to the coast and across to Africa were lovely
We will be back again