“Lovely Los Molinos”
other travellers have booked this property
Another sunny day! Ours is the upper apartment so you have a choice - sit up or down!
Below, the lovely plaza and refreshing sound of a fountain. (Turns off overnight!) Our traditionally Spanish door and tiled staircase.
The plaque says 'Los Molinos'.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Our traditionally Spanish door and tiled staircase.
The plaque says 'Los Molinos'.
Smart and comfortable, the living room mixes modern furniture with some antiques.
The living room is L shaped, here we're looking into the dining room end
From the dining area, we look over at the lounge, fireplace and entrance door.
From the other side we look into the open plan kitchen
|And through the arch into the kitchen
Comprises- oven, glass hob, fridge (small/good freezing compartment), toaster, microwave, kettle etc
Sorry, wine not included but feel free to use from the cupboard - salt, oil, sugar, tea bags etc.
Bedroom - 4 poster bed, netted against mozzies if needed (not many around as Spain is too dry)
Dressing table with stool, mirrors and good lighting!
Plenty of wardrobe space .....
Shelves and hanging for all your belongings.
Full bathroom suite - Bath, basin, loo, bidet, over-bath shower, towels etc. Tiles by Pierre Cardin!
Neat balcony! Perfect relaxation with wine, coffee or breakfast.
Pool area above. Beautiful at night too, light reflections shine and shimmer on the walls.
Access the pool via these steps or another similar to the left.
Evening at the pool. Some lovely views of the mountains from here.
Atmospheric at night!
Beautiful moon over the plaza ....
Here's the information file. Find out how things work at Los Molinos.... make it easy on yourself!
The file .... the route to stress free relaxation & enjoyment. Read and enjoy!!!
View from the pool terrace
Mijas centre, shrine to the 'Lady de la Pena', (6/7 minutes walk from Los Molinos)
Inside the shrine - a most peaceful and special atmosphere within
Cafe in Mijas park, a lovely place for lunch outdoors! Only about 10 minutes walk.
Sweeping view, right down to the coast from near the cafe
Free flamenco show in Mijas centre - about 6 minutes walk from Los Molinos
One of the dancers
The donkey statue, iconic symbol of Mijas outside The Tourist Office
There are lots of real donkeys too! Take a donkey-back ride or sit in a little carriage.
There are horses too ....
And carriages to ride in!
Or take a walk though the lovely park, high on a rocky plateau ...
Wonderful views abound; you can see North Africa on a clear day
And another view from the park .... looking West.
Also in the park, you'll find the bull ring and a huge stadium for shows
Lovely walks in the mountains behind Mijas - walkable distance from the flat
And amazing views like this are the reward for those who choose to go walking.
The fauna and flora up in the woods is surprisingly abundant
Delightful scabious
And other wild flowers (sorry, don't know the names) ....
This one looks a bit ike an Eidelweiss - don't you think?
All walked out? Simply pop downstairs for a delicious dinner at the Fiesta - 30 seconds away
Let's go to the coast. The beach bar at Carvajal has a lovely garden
Kalifato Beach Bar, situated right on the sands - what wonderful October weather!
There are several grassy areas right on the beach - it's a nice idea....
Another warm October, we swam in these crystal waters at Playa Las Yuccas
And looked at this stunning coastal view whilst we lunched at the cafe above
Nearby Fuengirola, situated at the coast, is also a good place for shopping
There are plenty of good street cafes and pretty plazas from which to watch the world go by
This is a lovely courtyard cafe in Fuengirola
Fine dining is available in Fuengirola; this is Pueblo Lopez
And, this is what we affectionately call 'The street of a thousand restaurants'! Choice abounds!
If you like marinas, Benalmadena is stunning!
Catch a boat trip to Africa from Benalmadena marina
Or saunter around the vast array of shops
See the boats ....
Or grab a bite on the Mississippi paddle steamer, restaurant, bar and night club
Near Mijas is Valparaiso garden night club, where every lady is very special; each gets a red rose!
One attraction on the Costa, Selwo wildlife park, is well worth a visit
There are giraffes at Selwo ......
There are zebras at Selwo .....
This is the best animal of all, the Red Panda....
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

sgooch201...
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Lovely Los Molinos”
Reviewed 6 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We enjoyed a lovely week’s holiday in the well appointed Los Molinos apartment. Mijas Pueblo is a beautiful whitewashed village with stunning scenery. Los Molinos is situated at the quieter end of the village but is a only a 10 minute stroll from the centre where you will find a good range of restaurants and shops. The complex has a good sized unheated pool which I have to say was a bit chilly in May. The apartment itself has pretty much everything you could want as well as lots of information about the local area. The only downside was the fact that you could only run the air conditioning for a maximum of 4 hours at a time, which did mean my husband woke up some nights as he was too hot when the ac went off. Overall a very enjoyable holiday and we would definitely recommend Los Molinos.

20 Jun 2018
Hi there,
Thanks very much for taking the time to write this 5 Bubble review and recommendation.
The practical information is also helpful for future travellers and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure corresponding with you and we'd love to welcome you back sometime soon.
Tracey M
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great holiday apartment, one for the bucket list!”
Reviewed 30 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

Just home from a week in beautiful Mijas, this was our 8th visit to the village. Mijas is a beautiful quaint Spanish village nestled in the mountains above the coast. Totally untouched by mass tourism but caters for everyone exceptionaly well. We travelled by the local train down from the airport to the last stop which is fuengerola, crossed over the road and caught the bus up into the village. Travel couldn’t be easier and very cheap, I think the train cost 5€ and the bus 1.55€! All very user friendly. The apt is in the gorgeous Nuevo pueblo (new village) which is in a fairytale setting, overlooking the coast and the beautiful mountain range behind Mijas. The apt was lovely and comfortable and well equipped, fantastic wi fi! I particularly loved it having a bath and a shower and the little outside balcony was a great bonus. The little complex is spotlessly clean and extremely well looked after and very quiet and peaceful for sleeping and relaxing. We have stayed in a few other apt’s in the complex but feel this one definitely stands out above the others. The village is great for eating out and we found it very reasonable, everyone is so friendly and the locals are very welcoming. Below the apt is the Fiesta which is a very good, reasonably priced restaurant with a great outside grill! The takeaway chicken shop next door offers fantastic cooked rotisserie style chickens which are full of flavour. The local bus to Fuengirola is every 20 mins or so enabling you to travel on to Malaga, Marbella and all over the Costa del sol at really reasonable prices. We had a lovely day out to Malaga via the train, beautiful cosmopolitan city with great parks and lovely walkways, the city has beautiful architecture and is very historic. There are two very good supermarkets in the village, one just 2 mins from the apt which was really well equipped. We found that the village was at its best in May as the trees and flowers were definitely at thier very best. We particularly loved the jacaranda trees, beautiful purple trees awash with flowers. We climbed the mountain trail up to the little church and beyond which rewarded us with fantastic views over the village, coast and mountain range. The village boasts beautiful botanical gardens and every corner you turn leads you towards another breathtaking view. The old square is lovely and hosted a flamenco show on sat morning. The owner was very informative and helpful and the entire booking system was very easy thanks to Cath. We will definitely return to Los Molinos, it’s just a question of when! Adious.

12 Jun 2018
What a very good review! Your enjoyment of everything comes though strongly in your enthusiastic descriptions of everything, everywhere!
Good description is beneficial for future guests - particularly it helps them to make an informed decision when choosing where to stay .... and even which area to visit!
So, thanks very much for spending your time saying such positive things about your holiday experience. I'm glad it was such a good one and I hope you will return - soon - so, instead of Adios or hasta la vista, I'll go with the local expression - luego (later).
Wightie
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment, good location, everything we needed.”
Reviewed 30 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Mijas is a pretty village with stunning views from the hills down to the coast.
Local supermarkets and restaurants offer everything you need at good value prices.
No need for a car since public transport is frequent and cheap - get a tarjeta for the bus and save on fares. Be on the beach in Fuengirola in 20 mins.
The apartment is spacious, well - equipped and cozy, with heating for the chilly evenings. Sunny balcony for lunch and evening drinks.
Village is busy during the day with coach trips but quiet after 4.00 PM.

2 Feb 2018
Hi there Wightie!
Many thanks for what I believe was your third stay AND for your 5 star review !
As always, it has been a pleasure having you stay and I have enjoyed the communication between us - especially speaking to you by phone for the first time!
I know you intend to return - may your next stay be swift, soon and lengthy ...... I look forward to hearing from you.
daveeboy
rotherham
“Does what it says on the tin”
Reviewed 7 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

What an enjoyable break we had in Los Molinos apartment. First thing to say is Cath is superb to deal with. No question is too much trouble and everything is detailed perfectly.
The apartment is great for 2 people, yes there is a lot of furniture but it is typically Spanish. All the amenities are there and it is very well situated for a walk into the village.
The balcony extension is a big plus and allows enough outdoor seating, perfect for eating breakfast.

9 Nov 2017
Hello Dave,
Thanks for the review - I love the title! And thanks in particular for the compliments on my personal contribution! I enjoy developing a rapport with my guests and if there is anything I can do to make them more comfortable or at ease when they are travelling to my property, then I'm going to do it!
At first reading, I thought you were saying that we have too much furniture but now I realise that you are responding to previous comments about Los Molinos so thanks for that. Once again, going back to "Does what it says on the tin" .... all the photographs shown on our TripAdvisor entry are accurate and up to date. Anyone who looks will easily see how we are furnished.
I also love my balcony - for breakfast as you say and also for a last drink before bed. I love to look up at the stars and to see the reflection from the pool lights shimmering on the pueblo walls when a breeze plays on the water.
Coming back to earth, all there is left to say is thanks again and you're welcome to come again whenever you're ready.
sobLiverp...
liverpool
“Perfect”
Reviewed 1 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Just returned from a weeks stay in this lovely apartment.Having stayed in many apartments over the years this one had everything you could ask for and much more.Right in the heart of Mijas Pueblo which is a lovely white washed Spanish village with traditional Spanish restaurants which are all a few minuets walk from the apartment.The apartment itself has a lovely cosy feeling spotlessly clean a very well equipped kitchen lovely bathroom and bedroom with a four poster bed.The lounge is very spacious with lovely traditional furniture and a little patio to have a glass of wine on to watch the sun go down of an evening.I would highly recommend Los Molinos

12 Oct 2017
Hi,
Thanks so much for this lovely review.
We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday so much and we'd be equally pleased to welcome you back for another stay in the future if you'd like to return. Just let us know.
It has been a pleasure corresponding with you!
John B
“Nice Apartment...”
Reviewed 29 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

My partner and I have now stayed in Mijas for four consecutive years - twice in La Cala de Mijas and twice in Mijas Pueblo - and we both agree that this is the nicest apartment yet. Aside from a minor snag with the water when we arrived (it seemed that somebody had turned off the stopcock, for no apparent reason), everything was fine. The TV set-up is quite unorthodox and takes a bit of getting used to: a web-based streaming service, routed through a PC (keyboard et al), providing hundreds of mainly English language channels (the majority of which really don't warrant a second viewing). Being a Spanish speaker I was a little disappointed that I couldn't actually watch any Spanish tv in Spain.
Nuevo Pueblo is a nice little estate, authentically reproducing the traditional back streets of the old village, right down to the buganvilla, the non-uniformity of the paving stones and the asymmetrical stone steps.
However, there IS a downside to Nuevo Pueblo and it has nothing to with the accommodation: the pool. Poolside rules are posted clearly and each apartment at the complex is issued with a set: no inflatables, no ball games, no diving, no glasses or food; no minors unattended in the pool, no towels left on sun loungers (as a means of reservation); showering before entering the water and - perhaps most significantly - showing consideration for fellow residents. Despite this, other guests' behaviour around the pool area turned what should have been a peaceful and relaxing experience into an anarchic cacophony of familial hooliganism. Essentially, every rule I've just listed was openly flouted and the poolside noise level unbearable. We endured two days before opting for the beach instead, which involved catching the bus into Fuengirola.
It's a shame, because these could have been 11 uninterrupted, stress-free days in the Pueblo...
In a nutshell: nice apartment, but better facility management would've made it a great one.

3 Sep 2017
Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to submit this review.
It's a difficult one to respond to because the larger part of it is not really a review on my property; rather it is a review of the sort of behaviour you can occasionally stumble across on holiday – (and indeed, at home too)!

Thank you for rating us so highly, and I note your final comment that it would/could have been higher, had it not been for your disappointment in the external environment. I’m grateful that you make clear that this aspect of your review has nothing to do with my apartment at all.

Our fellow human beings have myriad ways of enjoying themselves and, unfortunately, especially when “intoxicated” with the excitement of being on holiday, they can become far too boisterous whilst being totally unaware that they are having a detrimental effect on the enjoyment of others.
It would seem that you have been particularly unlucky in aiming for a peaceful vacation at the same time/place as a selection of those rambunctious holidaymakers were giving vent to their elation.
(Additionally, one must remember that the dates in question were in the peak of the English school summer holidays, culminating very soon afterwards in the famous August Bank Holiday weekend so I do feel I have to defend Nuevo Pueblo itself as it is not usually like this – not even at peak time!
It is unfortunate for those who would prefer a quieter holiday, but who are stuck with these popular times due to work commitments.
I work in tourism so my busiest time is during peak season. This means that I take my own holidays off-season; definitely more peaceful but the weather is less reliable!)

Once again, thanks for the positive review of Los Molinos itself, if you would like to return, you would be very welcome …. And I’ll see if hubby has enough technical ingenuity to capture a few Spanish speaking channels for you!
Heather D
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Fanastic property in a lovely village!”
Reviewed 13 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

We decided to go to Mijas Pueblo for our two week holiday, from booking the holiday with Cath who we contacted by email to check the availability to the countdown to our holiday. Cath sent our a map which was really appreciated as this made it easy to find the property. Entering the property the areas is well cared for with the water fountains and the cobbled stone walkway to the front door. She has thought of everything you would need for your holiday, if you want to go to the beach there are sun chairs and umbrella. The furnishing are typical Spanish and very comfortable, in the kitchen you have a fully completed kitchen, if you decide to cook there is everything you would need. The washing machine and tumble dryer is available if you need it. The Juliette balcony is great to sit out in the evening to cool down with a drink. We would recommend the property to anyone looking for a fantastic holiday property and location. We will have no hesitation in recommending Los Molinos and will definitely return for another holiday. Thank you again for letting us stay in your lovely propery.

16 Aug 2017
Hi there you two,
I am over the moon with this lovely review!
You have given a lot of detail which helps new holiday makers to see what they're booking in advance .... which is what reviewing is for really.
Anyway, thanks again. We look forward to you coming back to us whenever you're ready. People like yourselves make it all worthwhile!
Cheerio, Cath.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing