“ARC - how good does it get?”

Adventure Rider Centre
Knutsford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“ARC - how good does it get?”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

It is a bit hard to write a review about Adventure Rider Centre in Mijas - in short everything was above expectation and I cannot think of any negatives.
Starting off the accommodation was comfortable, well located, in the centre of Mijas.
The way I was treated by everyone at ARC was excellent at no point did I ever feel like just a customer.
The kit provided was top notch virtually brand new Klim gear, force field armour and Alpinestars boots.
Then you get to the bikes - a fleet of Husaberg bikes - take your pick.
Friendly instructive and well balanced tuition and guiding from Baz & Dani, and cracking riding over all sorts of terrain - long trails, tricky climbs , densely vegetated jungle runs, mountain tops you name it they seem to have it all.
Overall 100% and well above expectations.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Will B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“It seriously doesn't get better than this...”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having sampled other trail riding companies in the area i have to say The Adventure Rider Centre is by far THE best in the business.
And having sampled the best i have been back several times, it really is that good.
Having read the other (3) reviews they all sound like perfect adverts but that it how it is in reality. Many companies cannot deliver what they promise but you got none of that with Baz and Kaz, they deliver complete professionalism without any stuffiness, everything has been thought of and it is one very slick organisation.
Being picked up by Baz or Kaz and not just a driver or by taxi is just the start, i was taken to a fabulous hotel in Mijas, a white walled town just up into the hills, to get yourself settled in.
The real fun stars the next day, picked up from the hotel, a quick 5 minute transfer to The Adventure Rider Centre and you're in rider heaven...i certainly was
I got to chose the best of what is available be worn and ridden, Alpinestars , Klim , Forcefield, it doesn't get better than this and it's all in perfect condition, none of the cheap rubbish that had been on offer elsewhere.
I got to pick my bike from a stunning lineup of impressively prepared bikes, a quick fiddle later to tailor the levers etc to my liking and off we went.
Baz will very quickly guage how experienced you are and somehow seems to find the perfect hills to challenge you with, enough to make you work for it without it being too tough . He knows the area like the back of his hand, pulling out trails where you can't see any and pointing out others that will be waiting for next time (some really tough ones).
The rest stops/lunch time always deliver good food and with water replenished in your backpack it's off yet again to sample the trails. Baz gives out tips without being big headed or condescending which again is better than what i have sampled previously, a great boost when you haven't quite got your technique sussed or you're having a bad 5 minutes.
Back at ARC Kaz magically appears with cold drinks and gets to hear all about your fantastic day.
Unfortunately at some point the fun stops and that's when you're dropped off at the airport. I will be back for more excellent adventures after sampling it many times in the past.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank stu m
Sturminster Newton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The best parts of any other riding holiday you've been on, rolled into one perfect holiday”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Anyone who's been on a trail riding holiday before will be able to pick out one or two things that they did perfectly. Awesome trails, or good kit. Cheap prices or friendly guides. Easy to get to or flexible dates.

Where the Adventure Rider Centre differ is that they've packed all of it into one place. I can't emphasize how good this place is. Loads of flights from all over the UK get you into Malaga Airport where you'll be met off the plane in a clean, well maintained van. A 20 minute drive will get you too Mijas, an archetypal Spanish mountain village of white washed villas and excellent restaurants. Good start. Next morning it's off to Ka and Baz's villa where you'll be kitted out. All the kit is less than 12 months old and in excellent condition. Clean and in top condition they're stocking a dream list of kit. Klim kit head to ankle and Tech 3's to protect your toes from those rocky trails.

Looking like a pro rider, it'd be a shame to climb on a beaten up old Jap dualie. However, prepare for some serious garage envy. A full line up of brand new Husaberg trail bikes await you. Fancy a spin on the new FE350? No problem. A nice light nippy 250? Sorted. Perhaps you're more used to riding strokers. Also covered. Big bloke who needs a big bike? 501 is big enough for anyone. All clean, perfectly maintained and ready to go. Now you just need the riding skills to go with your pro look.

If you're already David Knight, then you're in for a treat. The Mijas area is covered in some awesome riding. Seriously. Have a look at the photos in the gallery. Most trail riding holiday websites will show you the best bits, and there'll be a bit of road work in between. ARC's gallery shows you 1% of what is out there. The riding really doesn't get better than this. When Graham Jarvis (world hard enduro specialist) is coming here to ride, you know it's going to be good.

However, we're not all that good. Some of us spend more time off the bike than on it. This is where Baz steps in. Friendly, calm and professional he'll soon work out where your comfort zone is, and then tailor the ride to suit. Not to say it'll be easy. Baz will have you riding things you didn't think you'd be able by the end of the first day. A couple of days into your holiday you'll be David Knight. Well, maybe not, but you will definitely walk away at the end of your trip amazed at what you've managed to do and with a real sense of satisfaction.

So all this is going to cost you, right? Nope. You'll pay about the same as any other competitor on the south coast of Spain. Baz and Kaz have hit the perfect recipe. Awesome kit, awesome bikes, awesome people. It really doesn't get better than this.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Gareth A
Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Fun With The Best Hosts”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I can thoroughly recommend The Adventure Rider Centre, this is the best off road experience you can have. Baz and Kaz are the most fantastic hosts, they have spent their lives around motorcycles and have a wealth of knowledge.
You will be picked up from the airport, stay in superb accommodation in the beautiful town of Mijas. You will ride the best off-road bikes and be kitted out with top spec riding gear. Baz will guide you on trails appropriate to your ability and encourage you to stretch that, so that you leave with a sense of achievement.
I really look forward to my trips to the Adventure Rider Centre and I have met lots of like minded acquaintances on my trips of all nationalities.
In summary Baz and Kaz run the most professional rider centre there is and they are the nicest people you could meet.
Go once and you WILL return.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rob H
Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“An early birthday present.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

“An early birthday present” was what my wife said, I never get, ‘early’ birthday presents say’s I, well, she said “you have now”! I saved my money and I’ve arranged for you to go on a ‘off road’ motorcycling adventure, ‘Hells teeth’ woman, what have you done?
I hadn’t felt this excited for ages and although I ride my small Honda 125 into our village now and then and I had often see those ‘off road’ riders passing through our village, I never imagined that one day I’d be joining them, especially at my age!
I called Karen at the Adventure Rider Center and nervously told her all about the ‘early birthday present’, of course, Karen knew all about it and made me feel completely ‘at home’ with the arrangements, she was so professional!
Within hours I’d received details via email on what, when and where. I hadn’t told Karen that I lived some 30Kms away from her base in Malaga.
On the day, my wife ‘dropped me off’ at Malaga airport, within minutes the “Adventure rider center” minibus arrived, their timing was ‘spot-on’, this is it, I thought, hope I can handle it.
There were 6 of us altogether, 5 of them younger than me but we all had the same passion: Motorcycles. Our driver, was none other than Karen, she was like a real hostess, making each of us welcome and offering us all ‘cold drinks’ for our short journey, I felt that had known ‘Kaz’ forever, she was so friendly. There was so much excitement from everyone on the bus, it seemed that within minutes of getting into the minibus we were arriving at out hotel in Mijas.
The hotel was so nice and in a great location. There are delightful restaurants, cafes, bars and all the attractions of Spain within walking distance of our hotel. I’d been to Mijas many times but the views towards Fuengirola and the coast always leave me breathless.
Later, Kaz returned to the hotel to take us to the Adventure rider center. Once there, we met Barry (Baz), Karens other half, I had to ‘chuckle’ to myself, Baz and Kaz and I’d learned their daughter Jasmin was Jaz, brilliant! “This short holiday is going to be fabulous” I overheard one of biker my companions say and, he was right!
Our riders kit was waiting for us at the center and in ‘all sizes’ I was a little surprised because we were going to be wearing ‘professional’ gear, their stock of ‘Klim technical riding gear’ (all provided), Helmet, gloves, pants, shirt and back pack, ‘Forcefield’ body armour and knee protection and ‘Alpinestars’ boots complete with ‘Oakley’ goggles.
The bikes, I couldn’t believe the bikes, ‘Husaberg’ enduro, blue and yellow!
Baz called to me, “here you are Peter, you’ll be riding this one”, It was a Husaberg FE250 4 stroke, fantastic!
Once we were all ready, we rode out to nearby training area, here we all got ‘the feel’ of our bikes and then, we were off.
The trails Baz took us to were fairly easy for the unpracticed but there were areas where, those with more experience, could show their ability, I didn’t try anything that were too steep and to be fair there was no pressure from the others to try. Soon, we came to a coffee stop, much needed for me but once I was sitting drinking my coffee I couldn’t wait to get going again. By lunch time, I needed to rest (I am 67) but once again couldn’t wait to resume the ride, more trails to places I hadn’t seen, it was just a wonderful first day.
Back at the Adventure rider center, we all parked up, Kaz was waiting with refreshments, off with our kit and it was time to go back to our hotel, where did the day go? It was super, our evening was filled with ‘bike talk’ how we did, where we went, it was heaven and tomorrow well, I’m going to do it all again!
I had 3 great days of being a biker again, everything was provided, I have made some new friends even though they called me ‘Grandad’.
I have to say the The Adventure Rider center is not a cheap bike hire outfit, these people are Professional through and through, nothing is ‘too much trouble’, the kit and the bikes are ‘First Class’ everything, from the moment I stepped onto that minibus was taken care of, I was also given a CD with over 400 photos to take home, now I can relive my holiday and reminisce, most of all, IT WAS FUN!
Kaz and Baz have so much energy and enthusiasm, I did confess and tell them I lived fairly close to them, we had a good laugh over that and, I’ve booked to go again in November, this time with my Son, can’t wait!

Visited May 2014