We booked the Villa to celebrate my daughters birthday and stayed for 10 days from last week in May to first week in June.
Dino the property owner was extremely accommodating and was able to recommend some superb local restaurants etc.
Overall the holiday was a huge success and Mijas is a stunning Spanish town that retains most of its original character with lots of excellent restaurants, coffee shops etc, which I found to be extremely good value.
In terms of the Villa, it is in a superb location and it’s best feature by far is the large pool and terrace area, with views towards the ocean that are fantastic and we spent lots of time BBQing and drinking late into the evenings, sat around the large terrace table watching the sun set.
The Villa itself is spacious and there were 13 of us in our group (9 adults and 4 children) and we needed to use the lower floor apartment to accommodate us all.
After the initial euphoria of arriving and being blown away by the pool, the terrace, the views etc I then started to notice certain things that were not to the standard I would have expected, bearing in mind that the rental cost £3,600. The following are the type of things that although they did not spoil our holiday at the time, looking back i would have expected better-
1. Even though I had informed the owner on several occasions that we needed two high chairs and two cots, when we arrived there was only one chair and one of the cots was broken. The problems were quickly remedied but the overriding feeling I got, was as if we had turned up out of the blue to rent the Villa and not, as was the case that we had made our booking several months earlier and been regularly in touch.
2. This feeling was extended to the pool which was murky upon our arrival and again although the owner remedied the problem in the first day or so I would have expected the pool to be clear and pristine for our arrival.
3. The fridges were full of the previous guests/owners food and we had to clear out the half open jars etc and clean the inside of the fridge, who’s water filter was broken.
4. I had arranged at extra cost- a midweek clean and the they did a fantastic job, but it was only after they had finished that I felt the accommodation was truly clean and ready for occupation.
5. The lower floor apartment is, to put it politely extremely tired and is in no way comparable to the rest of the Villa. Fortunately the three members of our party allocated the apartment, only used it to sleep in and it was not capable of being used for any other purpose (there is a full size pool table in the middle of the lounge area). The apartment reminded me of a sixth floor common room that teenagers would hang around in.
6. Unfortunately on our penultimate day there was a blocked drain in the lower floor apartment, which we were told was probably as a result of the Villas sceptic tank being full- but why wasn’t this emptied ahead of a family about to stay.
8. Several of the patio umbrellas were broken and chairs no longer being used were stacked in corners, just out of site.
7. As I mentioned at the beginning; the condition of Villa upon our arrival was such that it almost felt we had turned up at someone’s house unannounced and the owner had quickly tidied around to make to make it look half presentable and had offered to move out whilst we stayed in his place.
I suppose if you enjoy the homely feel then the Villa would be ideal for you, but im the type of holidaymaker that realises and understands that other people have stayed in the accommodation you’re occupying, but whilst I’m there I want to feel like I’m the first and I wouldn’t know anybody else had been there before me, whereas with this rental I felt like I was sharing the home with the owner still there.
I certainly wouldn’t put anybody off from booking the Villa and Dino is an extremely likeable person and if you are a B&B person and like the homely feel then it’s right down your street.
Villa is unbelievable, it's clean and Incredibly well stocked with everything you'll need.
Dino couldn't be more helpful.
It is every bit as impressive as it looks on the site. 11 out of 10