“Family holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Paul I
“Family Stay”
Reviewed 21 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We booked the Villa to celebrate my daughters birthday and stayed for 10 days from last week in May to first week in June.

Dino the property owner was extremely accommodating and was able to recommend some superb local restaurants etc.

Overall the holiday was a huge success and Mijas is a stunning Spanish town that retains most of its original character with lots of excellent restaurants, coffee shops etc, which I found to be extremely good value.

In terms of the Villa, it is in a superb location and it’s best feature by far is the large pool and terrace area, with views towards the ocean that are fantastic and we spent lots of time BBQing and drinking late into the evenings, sat around the large terrace table watching the sun set.

The Villa itself is spacious and there were 13 of us in our group (9 adults and 4 children) and we needed to use the lower floor apartment to accommodate us all.

After the initial euphoria of arriving and being blown away by the pool, the terrace, the views etc I then started to notice certain things that were not to the standard I would have expected, bearing in mind that the rental cost £3,600. The following are the type of things that although they did not spoil our holiday at the time, looking back i would have expected better-
1. Even though I had informed the owner on several occasions that we needed two high chairs and two cots, when we arrived there was only one chair and one of the cots was broken. The problems were quickly remedied but the overriding feeling I got, was as if we had turned up out of the blue to rent the Villa and not, as was the case that we had made our booking several months earlier and been regularly in touch.
2. This feeling was extended to the pool which was murky upon our arrival and again although the owner remedied the problem in the first day or so I would have expected the pool to be clear and pristine for our arrival.
3. The fridges were full of the previous guests/owners food and we had to clear out the half open jars etc and clean the inside of the fridge, who’s water filter was broken.
4. I had arranged at extra cost- a midweek clean and the they did a fantastic job, but it was only after they had finished that I felt the accommodation was truly clean and ready for occupation.
5. The lower floor apartment is, to put it politely extremely tired and is in no way comparable to the rest of the Villa. Fortunately the three members of our party allocated the apartment, only used it to sleep in and it was not capable of being used for any other purpose (there is a full size pool table in the middle of the lounge area). The apartment reminded me of a sixth floor common room that teenagers would hang around in.
6. Unfortunately on our penultimate day there was a blocked drain in the lower floor apartment, which we were told was probably as a result of the Villas sceptic tank being full- but why wasn’t this emptied ahead of a family about to stay.
8. Several of the patio umbrellas were broken and chairs no longer being used were stacked in corners, just out of site.
7. As I mentioned at the beginning; the condition of Villa upon our arrival was such that it almost felt we had turned up at someone’s house unannounced and the owner had quickly tidied around to make to make it look half presentable and had offered to move out whilst we stayed in his place.

I suppose if you enjoy the homely feel then the Villa would be ideal for you, but im the type of holidaymaker that realises and understands that other people have stayed in the accommodation you’re occupying, but whilst I’m there I want to feel like I’m the first and I wouldn’t know anybody else had been there before me, whereas with this rental I felt like I was sharing the home with the owner still there.

I certainly wouldn’t put anybody off from booking the Villa and Dino is an extremely likeable person and if you are a B&B person and like the homely feel then it’s right down your street.

22 Jun 2018
Hello Paul,
Reading your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay, despite the few points that you encountered, I replaced the second cot immediately I realised that it had a broken spring, we try and give the villa a feeling of Home from Home, the villa has a homely feeling, and normally our visitors prefer it to a hotel.
the opened sauces which were left in the fridge are just sauces you may need to use, But I understand what you are saying, other guests were happy.
As for the overflow in the apartment below, we could not find any problem, all I could think of, is a blockage in the pipe which cleared itself out.
As you said, Mijas is a lovely village, and you can not help yourself but enjoying yourself, with the views, and the infinity pool (as we had a sandy storm) it did take a day to clear.
If I can be of any help in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch, and it was lovely meeting you and your lovely family.
Regatrds
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

22 Jun 2018
Hi Graham,
I am very glad that you and your lovely family had a good time staying at the villa, and the whisky gift went down a storm, may be changing my tipple, lol. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if I can be of any help in the future.
Dino
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Extended Family
19 Jul 2016
I am glad you enjoyed your holiday, and it was nice meeting you all.
Hope to meet you again soon, and please do not hesitate to get in touch if I can be of any help in the future.
thomasait...
“Fantastic, will be difficult to beat.”
Reviewed 17 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Villa is unbelievable, it's clean and Incredibly well stocked with everything you'll need.
Dino couldn't be more helpful.
It is every bit as impressive as it looks on the site. 11 out of 10

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
19 Jul 2016
Thank you very much Thomas, and I am glad you all had a good time.
Look forward to meeting you again soon, It was great meeting your lovely family
Dino H
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing