“Better Than Expected”
Review of Parkfield Inn

Parkfield Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This locally owned and operated hotel was a great place to stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and all spoke English. That may sound like a strange thing to add to a review, but when you have questions about breakfast or the pool or need something specific from the cleaning staff, being able to carry on a conversation makes a big difference.
The rooms were clean and nicer in person than they appear online.
The hotel is surrounded by restaurants, gas stations, a car wash, and several stores (Wal-Mart, Walgreens, etc.)
We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank FarmWifeMomOfFive

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed for one night in October. It was the night before our first leg of the Katy Trail. The location was just one exit down from the Katy Trail. It was very easy to get to. The staff duriing check-in were friendly and helpful. Free parking, free wifi, and a good free breakfast buffet--waffles, bisquits with gravy, fresh fruit, bagels, peanut butter, sausage, egg, pastries. Everything was clean and in good shape. The price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Clinton.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank rickleed
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We always make Parkfield Inn our overnight stop between the north and south in Missouri. It is welcoming and always the way we expect it; turned down bedding, clean linens and sheets and a pretty good breakfast. We have no real complaints and would prefer it to any other motels. They do seem to have a problem with unhappy desk clerks that don't appear to like their jobs and sadly take it out on the guests. However, that just does not overshadow how pleasant a motel that it truly is. I had the opportunity to speak with the manager. It was a real joy as she was so professional and eager to make her guests want to return. I like that. I think she'll get these desk clerks on board; she's got a good business ethic.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank I-no-lie
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Our family stayed while traveling on vacation. I can honestly say that the front desk agent (Mary Jo/Beth???) was the worst front desk agent I had ever come in contact with. She was rude, never smiled, didn't say anything but negative about anything. We had trouble with the pop machine and I asked if they had problems with it earlier and the only response I received was "no, not that I know, but could you keep those kids quiet". The kids had just arrived at the hotel and it was approximately 6:30 pm. They were asleep by 9:00 pm. She refused to give change for the laundry facilities and continued to complain to others at the desk about pretty much everyone in the hotel. I am a Controller at a hotel, myself, so I know what's expected and I'm not one that asks too much. Actually I give hotel staff more slack than most guests do because I know it's a challenging industry. But I can honestly tell you I will never stay at this hotel again because of this one front desk agent. She completely ruined the stay and put a very ugly persona to the entire property.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
maxwelmo, Manager at Parkfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

As a new member of Hotel Review Management, I wish to clear the slate regarding the content of this review. I am truly sorry about the behavior of one of the front desk staff members at the time of this review. She is no longer employed at our establishment and has not been for quite some time. I apologize to all the guests who encountered any problems with her. We strive to employ friendly, caring, considerate staff and we appreciate all reviews. We have a wonderful, clean, family oriented hotel and hopefully a problem like this will never happen again...Once again, my apologies.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed here on our way home from Springfield (on a Sunday night) as we have one other time and was not dissappointed. The pool & hot tub we had all to ourself for most of the evening. The hot tub was a little on the overly warm side but the pool was like bathwater temperature, very nice. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. Would have been nice to have an ice machine on the 2nd floor, only one I could find was on the 1st floor next to the laundry. Nice breakfast choices. Overall would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Cricket6886
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This hotel was GREAT! Friendly staff, clean rooms, wonderful breakfast and AWESOME pool and hot tub area!!!! I would definately recommend this hotel. I wish I had a reason to be in that part of the country again just to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2011

My mother and I were traveling through Clinton on our way elsewhere. The hotel was just off the highway, and within easy travel to restaurants and even a Walgreens and Walmart. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly. We even left before normal breakfast time, and the desk clerk let us go ahead and eat, and even prepped the hot food a little faster in case we wanted it. The bathroom even had a jacuzzi tub! All in all a great stay, even if it was only for a night.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Missie60885
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Westbridge Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Warsaw
Grand River Resort
Grand River Resort
#1 of 3 in Warsaw

Been to Parkfield Inn? Share your experiences!