“Clean and freindly”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
MINNESOTA
“Clean and freindly”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were traveling with a group of bikers when we pulled into Clinton,MO and decided we should stop for the night. On the corner we seen the USA Inn. We had our doubts if they would have rooms for all of us being Memorial Weekend. We all went inside, the owners were very accommodating. One gentleman wanted a smoking room, which they were able to do. She tried to get all of us some what together. Rooms are clean and modern, bathrooms are spacious. Breakfast wasn't anything special - OJ, coffee, cold cereal, packaged rolls. It worked for us. I would certainly stay there again, the pricing was great. A small package store next door and accross the street if you wanted a night cap.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MinnesotaDano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The only good thing I can say is that the price for the room was good. From the very beginning I had a bad experience. Had to call several times to get the confirmation number, get info about the rooms, pricing, etc. Every time that I spoke with Archie, she rushed me off the phone, cut my sentences off and didn't really seem like she had time to give good customer service. Our room was only cleaned once, we at one point had to put our trash can outside our door just to get it emptied, the bath tub wouldn't drain, their was dead bugs behind the bathroom door, we had to go and get our own towels, the refrigerator in the room didn't work. It was just a mess. Makes your doubt if the linens were even changed after the last person stayed in the room. We'll pay the extra $150 and stay at the Hampton Inn next time we're in MO!!!No doubt about that!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jimmy O
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The USA Inn at the junction of Highways 7 and 13 is an older, well kept motel. It is clean and comfortable at a reasonable price. The owner is friendly and professional.
We had a two-bed room with microwave, refrigerator and flat-screen TV. The WiFi was fast.
Breakfast was minimal--juice, 2 cold cereal choices, packaged sweet rolls.
We will stay here again when in Clinton.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are away from the highway traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I bicycled the KATY Trail end to end and back from Clinton. USA Inn is close to the KATY Trail end point and was a convenient and inexpensive place to stay at both the start and end of my ride. The staff were friendly and let me park my car for the 11 days I was gone right in front of the office, where they could keep an eye on it for me. For my first night before my ride, I booked USA Inn online. When I came back at the end, a different desk clerk charged me $10 less for the same room. This is an older, no frills motel. The much finer (and more expensive) motels on the other side of town have ensured that the USA Inn usually has vacancies. Finicky people might disagree, but since I was to ride my bicycle on the KATY, half camping, half staying in B&Bs, the USA Inn was suitable. The bed was good, the cable TV worked, it was quiet, they looked after my car, and it is a short bike ride from the KATY or the Clinton town square. The "free breakfast" is nothing special, just cereal, orange juice, coffee, sweet rolls, etc. I was able to load up on carbs for my early morning start, however.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Merrill C
Norwood, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband and I spent the night her while traveling the midwest. Reception was very and our room very clean with a comforatble bed. We also had a refrigerator and microwave which were both a bonus. Great Value for the price. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nofusspot
Washington, MO
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Simple and clean room, friendly and hassle-free staff, decent price, no problem. At $60 the room was a few bucks more than I would like to have paid but she was full on a Wednesday so hey, supply and demand. No problems though, would pay $60 again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I was tired and getting sleepy and decided to pull off in Clinton at 1:00am. The office was still open with a friendly clerk, the parking area was well lt, and this older motel offered just what I need.

The motel is larger than I realized, with a nice park/ camping area in the rear. Large bathroom, clean room - but the bed was a bit lumpy.

Overall - a good experience.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank ozarker2533
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Westbridge Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Warsaw
Hampton Inn Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
#1 of 4 in Clinton

Been to USA Inn? Share your experiences!