Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Columbia(Columbia)
View Hotel
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia(Columbia)
View Hotel
All reviewsmarriott apptypical marriottroom was cleangrab barswafflescracker barrela long road triprecommend this hotelbooked this hotelaccessible roomfront desk staffpool and hot tubvery nice hotelexcellent staybusiness tripinterstatehooters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel with my three teenage children and one of their friends.

The hotel is conveniently located just off the junction of Hwy 63 and Hwy 70 on the east side of Columbia.

The hotel lobby was very clean and well maintain. The staff were great and always anxious to help us with any of our needs.

The room was better than we expected. Hard to find in today's market. A small fridge and a microwave and two flat panel LCD TVs in the room.

Breakfast was a good variety so it made everyone happy.

There was a bit of road noise from the highway as our room faced the highway.

There are lots of places to eat within a mile or two of the location. There is a Sam's, a Walmart and a Hyvee close by.

Definitely a place to stay in Columbia.

Just so you know, it shares the back parking lot with Hooters but it was surprisingly quiet even for a Mizzou game day.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room no facing the highway if you think the noise might bother you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed at the Fairfield two nights while attending a wedding. The staff is great, very polite, and service minded. I can't say enough good about them. But the hotel does not have air conditioning in the hallway of the third floor, and probably not the second. The elevators are hot, and they shake. You hope to not get stuck in them. When we got there, the lock on our door would not close correctly. They said the building was shifting as it is a few years old, and they did fix it. The waffle maker in the breakfast area does not work correctly either. These are just a few examples. The ownership needs to becoming committed to the long term for the property. It was expensive, since it was a football weekend. They need to sink some money into keeping it up. I would NOT stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The check in process stopped us from staying. Our reservations were made a month or 2 on advance and the rooms weren't as we expected which made the Value nonexistent compared to the area! We left and went across the freeway to the Country Inn and Suites. One of our crew members stuck it out here for the rewards points and said he was comfortable but not impressed with the service and staff. But that is heresay because even though i did get checked in, saw the room and then checked out, I didn't stay the night.
There was no Fridge or Microwave in the room and the TV channels were horrible unless you were an avid Sports person.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We were there with other families for a baseball tournament in Columbia. The hotel did not want any kids it seemed. All of the kids were very well behaved and were not out making noise or causing a disturbance to any other guests, yet several families were scolded that their child happened to go to the bathroom unattended or walked to the soda machine. They also made a stink because the parents were not in the pool with their children, but due to limited room in the pool area, as well as the tempature there, parents were able to watch their kids through the window into the pool area. That wasn't good enough so they shut down the pool for everyone, even those with no children. The children and families were gone most of the day anyway due to the games during the day and were looking forward to a swim when they returned later on in the evening. The hotel even called the police on a parent when she questioned why they were shutting everything down and then threatened another parent for the same reason. My thought is that if you don't want families or children in your hotel, make it an adults only hotel. That's understandable, we can book through another family friendly hotel in Columbia. We brought a lot of business to that hotel and it felt like we were made out to be criminals when all of the families were very respectful. I would look elsewhere when booking my family a hotel in Columbia. It would probably be altogether different if it was just me and my spouse.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian0926
coufs, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

First let me say thank you for taking the time to express your views. I would also like it stated I rarely respond to negative reviews as it appears a he said / they said type scenario. Today I feel this one needs a response.

To everyone (and author of this review), I ask you remember there are always two sides to every story.

I would like to respond to a few points. The very first is "The hotel did not want any kids it seemed. All of the kids were very well behaved and were not out making noise or causing a disturbance to any other guests" This is a very false statement. We have always been family friendly and continue to be so. We had many guest complaints regarding kids running up and down the hall. Including a situation where kids were playing video games with tv at full volume, screaming and having a pillow fight. When asked to speak to the parents we were told they were off property.

Second point: "The hotel even called the police on a parent when she questioned why they were shutting everything down and then threatened another parent for the same reason." The hotel never called the police. Another guest who felt a mother from the team was being threatening and feared for the safety of the front desk agent called the police. She was removed by the police for drunk and disorderly.

There are several other points that should be corrected but again I feel anymore makes it seem that we need to defend every decision and as a business where ALL customers are important....we don't. Families, teams and kids are always welcome and will always be welcome. We are business like any other and have policies just like any other. These ensure all guests have a safe, friendly and relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Each and every time I visit my child at the Univeristy I do my best to stay here. I enjoy the Marriott beds, big screen TV, swminning pool, the quick but filling breakfast and the nice selection of teas. I find the staff friendly, helpful and have very pleasant personalities. The hotel is centrally located with many restaurants close by along with a quick place to buy average wine.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family