“Convenient and friendly”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was a good stop on a recent business trip. The front desk staff was very pleasant and had my reservation ready to go. The first room they put me in did not have a functioning door lock, so they worked quickly and diligently to get me into a better room. My room turned out to be spacious and well-designed both for work and for rest. The bed and pillows were above average in comfort. I strongly recommend you ask for a room on the entrance side of the building (north, I think) because the noise from I-70 woke me a few times, despite using ear plugs. The breakfast was average for this type of hotel; the turkey sausage offered on the morning I was there did not have a pleasant taste, but there we eggs, fruit, and baked goods so I was able to piece together a good breakfast. The front desk staff was always helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same side of the hotel as the front entrance. This should reduce the noise fro...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I was moved here after the Courtyard Marriott overbooked. Was $20 cheaper per night and the room was still nice. My only negative comments about this hotel would be that internet service was terrible and the hotel is off the beaten path but still near the interstate. Hooters is next door.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I am a hotel snob. We stayed in room 320 and it had everything I need to be comfortable. The hotel was clean, modern, quiet, but it was a bit pricey at $129.00 per night. It’s just off the interstate and walking distance from basic needs. The wifi is free and it worked all weekend. The hotel only has three floor so its never a long wait for the elevator. One of the amenities is continental breakfast included in the price of your room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed there when I went to visit her at college. The hotel has easy access to the freeway and close to places to eat. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was pretty good. The staff was helpful and available when needed. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on an end room away from the elevator and it was nice and quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alliecow
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I am rating this hotel compared to other interstate hotels I stay at as I travel for business. I generally stay at a Fairfield, a Hampton or a Holiday Inn Express on such trips.

This was a typical Fairfield. I do like the suite rooms giving me more room to work.

The room was clean. The breakfast is a little weak but much as I find traveling in the Midwest.

Room Tip: No real tips to offer on this property
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Me and my wife decided to take a little weekend getaway in Herman Mo.Which was great but there are no hotels mostly all B&Bs & all were booked full. So we headed to Columbia & made calls to a few places and this was the one nice choice we made.

Room Tip: Whirlpool suite was very nice everything a couple could need for nice weekend getaway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was in the area for a meeting (Fulton, about 25 miles out) and the Fairfield was the closest Marriott property available. Easily accessible from I70, this hotel property was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Food and fuel are nearby, making this a good stopping spot before heading home from the meeting.

Everything seemed clean and fresh. The HVAC system was digitally controlled and functioned well, although the fan on the ventilation system was a bit loud. The bed was comfortable and typical of the Fairfield brand. I would certainly stay here again on my way through.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business