“Great service”

Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
St Louis, MO
“Great service”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great service at this Fairfield Inn. Room was clean and comfortable. Only issue I had was that for some reason my room did not have the heavy curtains that went across the entire window. Only the lighter curtains covered the middle part of the window and it made it harder to sleep at night because a decent amount of light shined through. Not sure it was just my room or all the rooms were like that. Hotel was quiet.

The breakfast in the morning was a little better than I expected. They also did a nice job of promptly restocking items that had run out.

Very close to a Cracker Barrel, Hooters, and Steak and Shake for eating.... but there are many more places within a 5 minute drive. Convenient location right off I-70.

Would stay there again - but would ask about those curtains.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Love2Explr
Sam H, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for such a great review! Good Feedback always brightens are day! We take such pride in assuring our guest enjoy their stay! Next time your in Columbia Mo stop by! See Ya Soon!

Safe Travels,

Front Office Manager
Fairfeild Inn & Suites - Columbia Mo
573-886-8888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here in May without even checking the reviews because we never have a problem at a Fairfield Inn. The room looked ok at first, but once we were in there a while we started to find little problems like spilled soda/coffee on the desk and nightstand that hadn't been cleaned up. When we pulled back the covers to get ready for bed, one of the beds looked and smelled as if it had been slept in. One of the bed pillows did not have its inner casing and the pillow was filthy and stunk of head odor. I took the pillow the front desk and was advised that the hotel was having difficulty with high turnover with housekeeping staff. Staff were friendly and understanding, but Fairfield Inn Columbia MO has the honor of being the most unclean place we stayed during our 3 week road trip in May. Ironically, we chose to stay here because of the poor reviews we read for the Quality Inn in Columbia. I think we made the wrong choice. I did contact the Manager (Mr. McTique) to advise him of the disappointing state of cleanliness at his hotel, and I hope that he can do better to bring it up to the quality that we expect from a facility that attaches the Marriott name.

Pappy's unsolicited advice.... don't assume that this place will be clean just because of the Fairfield name. Check it out!

Room Tip: Pappy's unsolicited advice.... don't assume that this place will be clean just because of th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PappyBob
Sam H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear PappyBob ,

First let me say thank you so much for staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites! The problems you mentioned above are very rare and taken very seriously! Cleanliness with in our hotel is our first priority and we take pride in the quality , design and cleanliness of our spacious suites. I do however know in this industry mistakes happen , that is no excuse for the condition of your room and i am so sorry we did not meet your expectations. Our housekeeping department is under new management and is taking huge strides to make sure every room in our hotel is spotless.

Please give us another chance the next time your in Columbia Missouri , also please don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel to set up your discounted room reservation with us!

Safe Travels

Operations Manager
573-886-8888 ext 610
samuel.hoyt@marriott.com
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here on my way to Omaha NE. This was my second stay here, which is why I chose to stay this time as well. Very clean and quiet. Friendly staff and free breakfast. Several dining options within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thanks for visiting us for a second time! Our breakfast attendants work hard on making sure the breakfast bar is fresh and hot for our guest and we are very happy you noticed! Next time you are in Columbia Mo make sure to stop by!

Safe Travels,

Front Office Manager
Fairfeild Inn & Suites
573-886-8888
Albany, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here several days in May while daughter attended cheer tryouts @ Mizzou. Hotel was great. Very clean - always smelled really good. Hotel was full with Vandy baseball players and other baseball and softball youth leagues, but never loud and still has enough breakfast food for all. Plan to stay again when visiting Mizzou.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Fairfield Inn valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a great review of our hotel! The Columbia area has many hotels and we pride our self on being one of the best when it comes to service and quality.

Next time your in Columbia , Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel to set up your next reservation with us!

Safe Travels ,

Operations Manager
573-886-8888 ext 610
samuel.hoyt@marriott.com
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I recently had a lengthy stay at this hotel. Several times I had to change my departure date and never had a problem. The staff is excellent, from the people on the front desk to the housekeepers. All were very friendly and helpful. Upon check I Was acknowledged as a Gold Elite member and offered a choice of rooms. Having stayed here before, I chose one on the entrance side of the hotel, away from the interstate as they are much quieter. Unfortunately, the HVAC unit was noisy. Breakfasts were very good, and with a little creativity I was able to vary my meal each day as I didn't want to eat sausage and scrambled eggs every day . Oatmeal, waffles, cold cereal, breads, muffins and fruit enabled a lot of different combinations. The coffee was very good. They often ran out of coffee in the late evenings, and I am a coffee drinker at all hours and often had to work in the evenings after being at the hospital all day. They were very accommodating however on giving me as many of the in-room coffee packs as I wanted. The fresh baked cookies in the evenings were a welcome touch. I have stayed at this hotel before about a year and a half ago, and I was satisfied then. If anything, it has even improved over that stay. I have a few more trips to Columbia coming up, and will definitely stay here, although I will check the room first to make sure the HVAC isn't too loud.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HJK13
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 January 2014

There are a ton of hotel options when staying in Columbia and the Fairfield Inn is among the best there. The hotel is very modern and clean and the staff is super friendly and efficient. Rooms are large and spacious and the bathrooms are flawless. My only complaint about this hotel is that my room did not include a micro refrigerator. I was surprised and disappointed that this was not standard in every room at a hotel of this caliber. The high-speed Internet worked well and the complementary breakfast with excellent. The hotel is located conveniently off the expressway and there are a multitude of restaurants within easy walking distance. If you are looking for a good place to stay in Columbia then you will be very satisfied with the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank infinity-x
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was a good stop on a recent business trip. The front desk staff was very pleasant and had my reservation ready to go. The first room they put me in did not have a functioning door lock, so they worked quickly and diligently to get me into a better room. My room turned out to be spacious and well-designed both for work and for rest. The bed and pillows were above average in comfort. I strongly recommend you ask for a room on the entrance side of the building (north, I think) because the noise from I-70 woke me a few times, despite using ear plugs. The breakfast was average for this type of hotel; the turkey sausage offered on the morning I was there did not have a pleasant taste, but there we eggs, fruit, and baked goods so I was able to piece together a good breakfast. The front desk staff was always helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same side of the hotel as the front entrance. This should reduce the noise fro...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business