“Nice but small”

Museum of Art and Archaeology
Ranked #13 of 55 things to do in Columbia
Reviewed 9 October 2012

It was very nice and FREE! But kind of small. It had a quite a selection of things to look at. Made it through there in about 1 1/2 hours with 2 kids. Nice for a change.

1  Thank JamesSchroer

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Elegantly mounted, eclectic displays make this an engaging stop during a walk around this beautiful campus.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

A lot of people who live in Columbia don't take the time to visit our small museums and they are really missing out! This isn't anything amazing or high-tech but it is very interesting. When I went they had a cool collection of old coins. It is especially fun for a yucky day or a winter day. Great for the price (which I think is $4?)

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Columbia is really lucky to have the Museum of Art & Archaeology. I do feel as though I have seen the same items on display for about 40 years now, but the collections are quite amazing: coins bearing the profile of Julius Caesar, and ancient and modern pieces from around the world. I go there during the holidays for gifts every year; their gift shop is cooler and more extensive than many museums twice their size. The prices are reasonable, too. Also, the Museum has quite a few events great for the inexperienced to become acquainted: cocktail/dinner events, flower arrangements designed to mimic works of art, and so on. I have seen the same tribal fetishes and things all my life, but I really still enjoy taking visitors and my family to the Museum of Art and Archaeology.

1  Thank Tim P
Reviewed 16 July 2012

It provides an outstanding collection of casts. Not large, but a well thought out collection