“Exceptional clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Columbia East
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Everyone was really nice and helpful. Plenty of towels and washcloth. Indoor pool looked nice. The restaurant was good. I would have given 5 stars. But they don't offer any kind of complementary breakfast, which most hotels do. The restaurant was good and not too pricey. The beds were very comfortable.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The restaurant, Kem's was great. The hotel had an upscale and classy vibe. Very family oriented. It seems to be one of the newer hotels in the area. We would certainly stay here in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014
HolidayInnEast, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Upscale-VPKJS,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review of our property!! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here last weekend. Hotel staff went above and beyond to accommodate. Very nice facility. Comfortable beds. Front desk very friendly. I needed to store some pole vault poles in my room but couldn't get them to my room. Staff kept them behind front desk and kept eye on them over night. Much appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnEast, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear MOTravelerken,

Thanks for the wonderful 5-Star Review! I'm pleased to hear that our staff was accomodating and you enjoyed your beds. We'll be happy to assist you and your luggage anytime.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Every one was very Friendly. They are very clean and accomidating. Loved the furniture and decor, Rooms were big and very nice, and the hotel was easy to get to! Chris,the csm was very nice and extremely helpful, he even went out of his way to deliver a hand written thank you card for staying. Jasmine, Marissa,Chad,Scott and Chris were also very nice, and helpful. I had several names wrote down so all was aknowledged but I lost it, these are the names I remembered and I suppose made the biggest impression on us. There was only one issue with a man named Zach, he was disrespectful! Only downside is the head of house keeping was very pushy about checking out and persistent, we had the "do not disturb" sign up and a late check out set up and she continued to knock every hour until we got up and extended our stay and then finally one day checked out, and the pool was not open late enough. Other then that they were all so very nice and helpful. Infact my brother became a rewards member and we will certainly be back! We feel the hotel itself was amazing, but we also feel the people make a difference. The beds were AWESOME! slept so well! The medical discount for staying while our father was in ICU was also very appreciated and helped alot!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ashley M,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I am glad to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay, and will make sure to pass along your comments to those named. We do our best to hire and train our staff to provide the best possible guest service. I'm also glad to hear that you were able to rest well in our beds, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This particular Holiday Inn is where I prefer to stay when I have meetings to attend in Columbia. Everything is always clean, the staff is very friendly and above all I feel safe. Being a female traveling alone safety is very important to me. At the time that I booked my room on-line there were not any rooms available at this particular Holiday Inn location so I chose a different hotel in the Columbia area. I arrived at my alternative destination to find the hotel under heavy construction with dim lighting I wasn't comfortable with the environment and so I called the Holiday Inn on Port Way to see if any rooms had become available. I was very fortunately that they did have an availability and the staff gladly transferred my reservation. When I arrived at the Holiday Inn East location it felt like home just as it does every time I stay there. I really appreciate their warm and friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms! It takes a lot of stress out of traveling alone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnEast, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Krista L,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property! I was so glad to read how much you've enjoyed staying with us. I am proud that we can provide the comfort and safety that you desire when travelling, and that our great staff is living up to their potential. I will make sure to pass along your comments to all of our staff, and we look forward to having you visit again soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice holiday inn. The decor and reception desk are very nice. My reservation was ready for me when I got here. The room was very nice, clean& well apportioned. The cafeteria in the morning was a disaster. Two people working not a single clean table and waited 30 minutes to be seated

Stayed: January 2014
HolidayInnEast, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Eric D.,

Thanks for reviewing our property! I am glad that you enjoyed your room and check-in with our wonderful front desk staff. We pride ourselves on offering excellent guest service and our comfortable, stylish furnishings.

I am sorry to read about the inconvenience you experienced because of your delayed breakfast. I will make sure to pass your comments along to our Food & Beverage Manager to improve scheduling in the future. We hold our service to higher standards than what you experienced and would love the chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel suffers what most new hotels suffer and that is excessive noise in the rooms due to poor construction.

You can hear anyone walking above you, and anyone in the rooms next to you.

The only plus are the beds. However, I couldn't get a good nights sleep because of the noisy people next to me and people constantly walking above me.

There are better options in the area at better prices.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.