“Wonderful Nights Rest”

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Monterey, Tn
“Wonderful Nights Rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at the LaQuinta in Columbia on our way out west. It was the first stop on a long day of travel. We had pre-booked a king suite and after reading some of the reviews we had concerns. However from check in until check out it was a stellar event. The front desk staff were outstanding and helpful, the suite was just that a 2 room 2 bath that had obviously been recently refurbished. The bed was so comfortable we slept for 9 hours. We loved that the fan on the a/c ran even when the ac wasn't cooling. The continental breakfast was standard hotel fare but adequate for us I will absolutely stay here again on any westbound trips

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cooki47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

The room was very dirty and smelled terrible. The air conditioning did not work so the room was very hot and we did not want to open the window since we were on the ground floor. The worst part was the mouse or mice in the room. Not a good experience for us! We stayed at several hotels as we drove across the country all about the same price range. The other hotels were all far and above this property.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank E T

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels

North Chicago, Illinois, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

the bed was nice and soft, it was clean also ,the only thing i didnt like was the sink for washing your hands was outside of the bathroom,kind of odd also no swimming pool its walking distance from target and great locations for eating also

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Springfield Missouri Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

This is the worst place I have ever encountered in my travels. Office staff was rude, there was limited parking, Air conditioning did not work. Room still was not ready at 6:15 pm, I was sent to three different rooms that were supposedly clean but none of them were. Television did not work. Finally I left and got a room at Courtyard by Marriott for less money and tremendously better service where everything worked. Again, avoid this place at all costs

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Absolutely horrible.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank diamond341
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Keep in mind this is just my opinion. I hate to beat up on a property. If you read my reviews I think you will find them mostly positive and fair. However, this time I did not have a good experience. I stayed here two nights on business. This hotel was not up to the task of serving as an overflow hotel for a conference occurring at a larger property across the street. To their credit, the staff was plenty friendly but seemed often flustered and perhaps in over their head. A large sign on the side of the property advertized HD television in every room. That is right, unfortunately during my entire stay there was no programing on the televisions anywhere on the property. The staff seemed mystified about how to solve the problem. Television is a minimum expectation in a hotel room, especially with 100 degree temperatures outside and the Olympics being broadcast. I understand that things break, but guests should have been informed of this before registration and been given an opportunity to stay elsewhere. Minus that, some gesture, perhaps a future night stay, should have been offered. I asked twice to give management the opportunity, but nothing was offered.
The property was in the midst of a remodel, adding the luxury of constant daytime construction noise outside the room. I think their best course of action would have been to shut down during this time, or greatly reduce the rates leaving guests with at least the feeling they had a bargain.
I am not saying I won't give the property another chance, when the remodel is over, but I will look to others first on my next trip to Columbia.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Good location right on Stadium Ave to reach Mizzuo. Breakfast was meager, but there. Rooms decent. Nothing over the top, but more modern and clean. Got this place for $62 on Hotwire so I considered it a good deal. The young gal at the desk was helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Extremely clean. The cleanest motel bathroom I have ever seen, at any price! The bathroom looked like it was just out of the box, that it had never been used. Five stars +.

I made a mistake when I made the reservation several months ago, wrong night. They changed it on one day's notice with no fuss and no extra charge.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family