“Nice hotel, friendly staff.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
“Nice hotel, friendly staff.”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Had a pleasant experience. Staff was friendly and rooms clean.

• Stayed October 2011
James R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your stay met the needs of you and your family while in Columbia. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nubeena, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I could have been severely disappointed here. But I had 20% so paid less than $40 a night. So I am not gonna complain. As a result I think we were given the smallest worst room in the complex. It was on the left hand side of the building behind the pool from the lobby. It was on the end before the back building. The size was miniscule. The beds were both against the wall on the right and left side (double beds) there was a large table the tv was on and fridge and microwave next to that. Then a open closet area next to the bathroom. Not much room to move. Quite cramped for a family with two small children. It has been recently brushed up with some paint etc. Big baddy was we returned in the afternoon to find our door left unlocked by who I assume was the housekeeping staff. Thankfully nothing was missing. Beds were not comfortable for me.... so I was up at 6am and just took advantage of the lovely breakfast area to read while the rest of the family slept. Breakfast was nice for the price. Staff were predominantly college students so there wasn't much enthusiasm. But nothing glaring considering it's just a job to get them through and not a career in hospitality. And I got a toilet plunger soon after I asked for one, which is always nice. But I had to do the plunging LOL. I think next time I need to stay in Columbia I will check out the red roof inn across the street.

Room Tip: Check your room out before you accept it.... not sure if they are all small like the one we got. But...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Moundville, MO
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Dirty! Dirty! Dirty! Room so small there was not room for a chair. Blankets old with cigarette burn holes in them. Comforters so old and dirty we didn't want them nor the blankets on the bed. We turned up the heat and used only the sheets. No chair to sit so we went to bed early and left early in the morning. Found a grasshopper in my bed. There was at least 3/4 inch space around the outside door. Weather stripping was gone. The room had a horrible odor. My husband and I both had stopped up heads all night. We slept very little. I had no idea there were such dirty hotel rooms for rent. We mistakenly booked through hotels.com. Never again! Don't stay here! It was football week-end and we paid $128 for one night. Not cheap price! Certainly not a good value!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Canton, mo
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Staff were friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was nice with a good variety to choose from. No coffee maker in the room, although there was a mini fridge and microwave. The room was average, clean but with wear. I would stay here again for a night while passing through.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Illinois
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was lured there by one of these hotel coupon brochures that you find at gas station, fast food places etc. along the Interstate 70. It was getting dark, I was tired, and the price was attractive.

The hotel in located in a seedy area of Columbia. Some down-on-luck characters seem to hang around there. The room was so hot, that it was very hard to sleep, as the AC wall unit could not cool the room down.

I have learned one more time (I seem to keep forgetting and need re-learning) that places that advertise on these hotel coupon books do so beacuse have problem attracting customers through normal channels.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank leave_no_trace
James R, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We want to apologize for not meeting your expectations. As an older motel, we strive to offer clean rooms and friendly service at an affordable price. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to prove to you our commitment to offer an amazing stay at a great price.
madison al
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Bed spread was so dirty we took it off. Security lock was broken off the door. The carpet was filthy and needed much more than vacuuming. The chairs in the room were so stained we sat on the bed with sheets only rather than chance the chairs. We were in room 124. The morning coffee looked as if it had been sitting all night. Afraid to stay for breakfast. It appeared some of the guest might be operating a dating service.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Joanne D
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We would like to apologize for the issues you encountered with our hotel during your stay. We strive to offer a clean affordable room with great service and there is never an excuse when we fail to do so. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to prove to you we are 100% committed to guest satisfaction. Thank you again for your candid feedback, without your reviews we wouldn't know the areas that need improvement.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We finally got checked in, after 20 mins wait. We got in our room and it was so musty smelling, it was almost unbearable. There were stains on the floor, pop corn in the pull out couch, shower was dirty looking. The comfortable looked like it had never seen a washer and several pillow cases had black stains on them. First night there, a group of us were at the pool and the cops got called and we all had to leave the pool, management never told us to quiet down or anything. The pool is very small. Apparently the kid working the front desk thought it was ok to give 12 year olds room keys, thats wonderful security. Strange people were hanging out in the parking lot. Several rooms had 8 or more people staying in them. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: pay the extra bucks and go some where clean and safe
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends