“Worst experience I've ever had !”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Ellington, Missouri
“Worst experience I've ever had !”
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Room smelled but not real bad when entered. Contributed to being closed up for a period of time. When turned down bed, sheets and pillowcases were dirty, hair all over them. When called down for clean sheets, the clerk acted like it was no big deal and was surprised I wanted clean sheets and pillowcases to sleep on. Had to go down to lobby to get clean sheets and received no apology just a dirty look. Commode made a horrible noise when flushed, sink in bathroom drained extremely slowly, shower left a lot to desire and had to clean it before taking a shower. Upon checking out I told desk clerk of my complaints and was informed she couldn't do anything and there was no manager there and he would not be there till around 11 am. I left my card and was told he would be contacting me. I have yet to hear from him or anyone. I had stayed at this Americas Best in the past with no problems but this trip did it for me. I will never stay at an Americas Best anywhere in the US due to the horrible experience and the lack of trying resolve the problems.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We stayed in a Queen Suite. What a great value!!! Room was clean and newly remodeled. Didn't get a chance to try breakfast. Went next door the Country Kitchen instead. (discount for hotel guest) Only one issue....hall light did not have a switch. Had to take lightbulb out in order to turn light off.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank nenepap
St Louis, MO
Reviewed 1 May 2010

I stayed here last night on a band trip with my teenage son, another band mom and 2 more teenagers for a competition at Mizzou. Kasmir, the General Manager, was extremely cooperative and accommodating, as was the night clerk Alex. Kasmir got us 3 rooms in a row, with a Suite in the middle for the boys, and she made sure there was a place for the boys to practice their trombone trio music on Friday night. Alex was helpful for restaurants and all the other questions we had. Thank you! As for the rooms, they were priced correctly, the beds were good, the towels large, all the rooms had a fridge and microwave and it all was clean. The TV was fairly new, had a good picture and they had plenty of channels. The free breakfast was just the normal cereal, bagel, danish, etc, but it was free, so I'm not complaining! The eating room was fairly large, so that was nice. The hotel had a computer for guests to use and and the hotel location was VERY convenient - right off Highway 70 and just a few miles from Mizzou. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank baseballover
Williamstown
Reviewed 29 April 2010

The staff was supurb. Upon entering the Inn the clerk was very friendly and acommidating. The rates were very reasonable. We recieved our room key and then upon entering the room, I inspected it for cleanliness. Oh what joy, it was spotless. No dust anywhere and the bathroom could not have been cleaner If I had done it myself. The cleaning staff knows how to get into all the nooks and crannies to clean the rooms. I was happy with the comfort of the bed and the linens were fresh and clean. It was a totally enjoyable stay at the Inn. I would highly recomend this Inn to anyone having to travel in the area of Columbia Missouri. You will be pleasantly greeted and the stay will be well worth it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Jefferson City. MO
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I stayed at the America's Best Value Inn for close to 3 months. They set me up in one of there suites which I think of as a home away from home, and gave me a very reasonable rate for my extended stay. The rooms are very cozy and clean and the staff at this hotel is just wonderful. I knew almost all of them by name and would always get a big smile and wonderful conversation everytime I came into contact with them. They helped me with almost anything even supplied us with needs for the kitchen! America's Best Value Inn is a very friendly place and I will never forget my experiance there. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a friendly, low cost, cozy room. Thanks so much guys I will miss you all!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
St. Louis
Reviewed 13 October 2009

The hotel was super clean, staff was extremely friendly, and the price of the room is well worth it for the room and service...

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Fountain Inn, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2009

We stayed one night and got what we needed - a good night's rest. The best thing about this was the great low rate we were given and it was one block off I-70 in Columbia. The two queen beds were comfortable and the room was clean.
The negative was that we needed 3 towels and washcloths and only had 2, but we didn't go back to get more. If the motel staff knows the number of towels kept in a room, they should also know to give out more towels when there are more than 2 guests to a room.
But overall we rate this as a good place to rest at an affordable price.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank kingsman42
ABVIColumbia, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 May 2009
It is very important to us to know anything that would make your visit more enjoyable. We understand that two towels may not be enough for certain rooms and have started placing an extra towel in each of our double rooms. Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay.