“Most rooms recently remodeled”

Red Roof Inn Columbia
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Chicago
“Most rooms recently remodeled”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The location was convenient and the price was very reasonable. I stayed on Friday and Saturday night and it was very quiet. My room was very nice (being one that was recently remodeled. I like having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Also, like other Red Roof Inns, this one is pet friendly. The also had a little breakfast area with muffins, bagels, bread, coffee and oj.

Room Tip: Select a superior room over a standard room. The incremental cost isn't very much, but you'...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2013

While recently traveling cross country, I stopped at the Red Roof Inn Columbia to get some rest before resuming my travels. I mainly chose the hotel based on proximity to the interstate and affordability. It was both of those things. However, the experience turned out to be very dissatisfactory when the room directly next to mine was rented out to over 25 people throwing a party. Over the process of nearly 2 hours, I contacted the front desk 3 times to inform them of the people outside my room shouting, slamming doors, beating on the walls, etc. After the 3rd time of calling the front desk, the people finally left the hotel. I awoke the next morning to find broken liquor and beer bottles scattered outside the hotel. What was supposed to be a night of resting before a long day of traveling, ended up being a night of frustrations and little sleep at the Red Roof Inn Columbia. I would not recommend it as a place to stay if you wish to rest as it seems to be more of a place to throw a party.

• Stayed April 2013
Bwhiteside, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
I want to apologize for the problem you experienced while staying at my location. I have spoken with all of my front desk GSR's on the proper way of handling situations like the one you experienced during your stay. This disturbance should of been taken care off the first time you called the office not the third time and I can assure you this incident will not happen again. Again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family and I hope you would be willing to give my inn another chance in the future. Thank you for sharing your concerns
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Our group of 20+ rooms were looking for an inexpensive hotel in Columbia, MO. We contacted Red Roof Inn's corporate office to secure our rooms. We were promised to be in the same section if we booked our reservations under our group name. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were not booked together & when asked to be put near each other, the front desk agent became extremely angry & was threatened not to be checked in. I explained that the booked through their corporate office, but she then threatened to kick us all out if we were not happy. I was appalled & have never been treated in such a hostile manner in my life. We will never, ever stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank ChanceBaker
I want to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. It is very hard to place large groups with multipIe rooms in the same area especially on event weekends when we are sold out. The behavior you experienced from my front desk GSR was unexceptable and is not how we handle things at my location and I can assure you it will not happen again. Again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your group and I hope you would be willing to give my inn another chance in the future. Thank you for sharing your concerns
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 April 2013

While checking in 2 police vehicles were leaving the parking lot (that contained at least 20 people). The staff was great. The room we got was in the building where all of the construction workers, etc. were and for a one night stay they put us on the top floor. Walked in the room and it was clean and everything would have been fine except for the toilet that would not stop running. Oh, there was also a cup of milk in the refrigerator...We checked in around 11:30 pm and wanted to unwind and sleep...but there was some idiot in a loud truck outside of the room for over a half hour with the sound of the truck bouncing off of the walls and my ears. Definitely very dissatisfied here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
I want to apologize for the problems you experienced while staying at my location. I have spoken with my housekeeping satff about making sure they are reporting maintanice problems so they can be fixed immediately. Again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family and I hope you would be willing to give my inn another chance in the future. Thank you for sharing your concerns.
Albia, Iowa
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed here 1 night during our recent trip to Columbia. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a breakfast offered in the lobby but there was nowhere to sit, and there weren't very many options there, so we went across the street to eat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Lawson, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We asked for ground but got second floor. Our room smelled like beer. There was a dirty wash rag on the shower curtain bar. We left for our event at 7:00 AM and returned to the room at 5:00 PM and it had not been serviced. Housekeeping told us it would be before we got back from dinner. Three hours later there was a bag of towels on our door and no room service. The desk clerk told us she could do nothing and it was unfortunate. We paid cash and found they had billed my credit card at check out. They gave us a $13 dollar refund which was not enough.

Room Tip: Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
OHIO
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

Visiting family in Columbia, we always stay at this Inn. Have always found it to be clean and well maintained. Most recently stayed March 6. Our Superior King was excellent; clean and very functional. I commended housekeeping and the desk and will definitely return on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2013