“Okay”

Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Okay”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This place was cheap, and had some sketchy people outside. But no one bothered me, it was quiet, and clean. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay here....................................................................................

• Stayed July 2014
Bwhiteside, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at my location. I am pleased to here your stay was up to our standards and it is our hope to see you the next time you are in my area. I have shared your concerns with my staff and I can assure you we are doing everything we can to fix the problem.

Brandy W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
okc
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed in a double bed room last time I stayed here and wasn't all that impressed. Not bad but this time I got the superior king and it was much nicer all the way around. Not sure if these were recently renovated but it came with wifi I did not use. a big flatscreen, nice bedding and a iron and board and hairdryer and coffeemaker in the room not to mention small fridge and microwave. so for the value about the same as motel 6 I thought was a lot better value than theres for same price. Plus this is close to the highway about 2 miles from my family I visit. Not a brand new hotel area looks skechy but have had no issues and seen no issues. room was quiet we were in the back on the bottom thought I would hear cars pulling up but did not. Biggest thing I would say is the superior room was just that compared to the double bed room I stayed in last time.

Room Tip: I got the superior king room this time and it was superior to the 2 bed room I got last time I staye...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bwhiteside, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Stehr67,

Brookfield, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I realize Red Roof is budget lodging but this particular property sets at the bottom of budget hotels. The desk was courteous and helpful but it was downhill from there. The property was in a state of disrepair to the extent that the decking was rotted and there were exposed electrical wires in our room. I felt like I was at a property that rented by the hour. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bwhiteside, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear, MrBull2013

I would like to apologize for the problems you endured during your most recent stay at my location. I must admit I was a little taken back by your review on trip advisor as to this is the first time I have heard about exposed wires in one of our rooms. Mr. MrBull2013 This is not how we run our property and it is my hope you would be willing to give my location another chance the next time you are in my area. Again I do apologize if your room was not up your standards and we hope you will keep using RRI for your future lodging needs.
Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed the weekend of MIZZOU graduation. Got flamed on the price Saturday night because it was an "event" weekend. They are understaffed so poor customer service. Nothing extra, not even a blow dryer!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bwhiteside, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear DelOres292014,

I would like to apologize for the problems you endured while staying at my location. I have shared your concerns with my staff an I can assure you we are doing everything we can to make sure this incident doesn't happen again in the future. Unfortunately we do not have hair dryers in our 2bed rooms but we do have some located at the front desk. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will continue to use RRI for your lodging needs.

Annapolis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was travelling on my own for just one night and was trying to save some bucks. Red Roof was near the bottom of the list in cost, but the previous reviews were mostly positive and I thought I would take a chance. The staff were courteous, the room was dated, but clean, and the room was surprisingly quiet. Everything in the room worked and the workspace provided in the deluxe king room was nice. I took a shower at 6 a.m. the next morning and with the water turned as hot as it would go, only got warm water, but it wasn't cold. The bed was comfortable and there was a nice selection of pillows of different firmness. I didn't get the room because of the "free breakfast" and wasn't expecting much, but got even less. The breakfast items are set up in a small alcove at the front entrance smaller than any of your closets at home. I think they would be better served by not offering breakfast instead of this poor excuse.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank john a
Ohio
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We needed a place to stay and everything was booked up. We were able to get a room here. The staff, when we checked in were helpful and talkative, but other staff that came after that acted like they could care less if they helped guests. Wi-Fi did not connect and we had to take cold showers in the morning because there was no hot water. We expected a no frills stay, but this was a disappointment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bwhiteside, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Carol V, I would like to apologize for the problems you endured while staying at my location. I have shared your concerns with my staff and our internet provider regarding the issues you had during your most recent stay at my location and I can guarantee this will not happen again. Thank You again for your feedback and it is my hope you will continue using RRI for all of your lodging needs.
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have stayed at this Red Roof several times over the past two years. Still comfortable, seems like the grounds are cleaner than in the past but the breakfast offered shrinks with every visit. An exterior entrance design with nice sized rooms and decent beds. Close to I-70 but still quiet. For budget travelers, this place or the Motel-6 farther East are the best choices

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business