“Clean But Lots Of Highway Noise”
Review of Royal Inn Columbia

Royal Inn Columbia
Royal Inn Columbia
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 24 April 2013

A great location with friendly and helpful employees and decent although dated rooms. This is a three story property with exterior entrances and an elevator. The rooms have tubs and not just a shower as some of the Motel 6's. The parking is ample, clean and well lighted. Lots of restaurants in close proximity including a Red Lobster next door.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room to the rear-away from the highway and a lower floor if possible as this can be...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Royal Inn Columbia

Reviewed 19 March 2013

We used this motel on our trip back east. It is centerly located next to I-90, but is not as easy to access as some other motels. The service was good but they do not have any breakfast that is so common in the market today. The room was clean and it was very quiet that night. I would stop there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RJBHAYDENID
Reviewed 10 September 2012

First of all, the profile picture of this hotel is wrong. This hotel is a single, 3 story building. It is as disgusting looking though. The only reason we stayed here was because it was the last hotel room available for a Missouri football game. Our rate was $79 for the Saturday night. We weren't in the hotel other than to sleep. When we arrived, the lady that helped us was nice, but it was her 2nd day. She was obviously overwhelmed and not 100% sure what she was doing. Her manager was also there helping. She was also relatively nice but extremely frazzled. She was on the phone talking to a customer, checking in another customer, and helping her front desk agent who was new all at the same time. When we were told our room wasn't ready (we did arrive early, so this was understandable), they recommended we go get a drink. Presumably, this was so our sense of smell and sight wouldn't be at 100% when we saw the hotel room. We passed and went to a Starbucks for a coffee. The room was ready about an hour later. When we returned to pickup our keys and go to our room, it was exactly as you would probably imagine. Small, bare, and smelled bad. I can say that this room is better than the Days Inn next to it because I have also had the unfortunate pleasure of staying there. The room served its purpose. Nothing was stolen from the room. We were alive the next day when we woke up. We didn't have bed bug bites or catch any communicable diseases (that we know of).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank themizzo
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

We thought we were getting the one with te good reviews when actually we were in this little honey hole. It was decently clean but no hair dryer, breakfast, shampoo, or king beds (obviously it wouldn't fit in the cell sized room) thankfully it was quiet and next to the red lobster which was great. We were so exausted from traveling 11 and 1/2 hours we slept fine but next time will check our locations.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Ky035
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Which it was. Stayed there homecoming weekend 2011. All other hotels were sold out unless you wanted to go to Jeff City or Fulton. Went with some girlfriends. We were honestly pretty nervous about staying there so the good news is, we survived. Yes, it was sketchy and not great but hey, no bedbugs and the people were at least nice. If your expectation is that it's going to be nasty but you need a place to sleep that's dirt cheap you shouldn't be too disappointed. I have to admit I don't regret that I didn't stay at a hotel that was quadruple the price. However, I would not stay there if I was a female traveling alone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Elisabeth3720
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I got in at like 11 pm so I got one of the last available rooms on the top floor. It had just rained, and the carpet in my room was soggy. So, not only did my socks get wet, but I was also undoubtedly breathing in mold, since I doubt that's the first time that room has flooded from rain. (I examined the carpet and it was basically rotting along the edges.)

On the other hand, the night cost me barely over 30 bucks, and the motel is convenient to the Interstate and accepts your dog, so there are advantages.

The other thing I would add is that it's in a sketchy area and you kind of fear a little bit for your personal safety, so if that's an issue for you I'd recommend paying more money and finding a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank likesthebeach41
Reviewed 29 October 2009

we stayed here one night and had no complaints. room was clean as was facilities, definately reccomend, was right price and conveniently located.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family