“Wonderful experience!”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights for a conference. The front desk staff was so friendly! The rooms were ready early so we could settle in quickly during a break in my meetings. The meeting rooms were very accommodating for our needs and the food provided during breaks and lunch were excellent! All of the staff, not just the front desk were some of the friendliest I have ever met in a hotel. The rooms were very clean and well taken care of. I appreciate the WiFi was free and easily accessible and that there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. I will definitely be back with my husband!

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for four nights with a large wedding party. Although the hotel does have things going for it, like the breakfast and pool, the service we received was horrible. Direct bills were screwed up, housekeeping completely ignored our room one day even though the "privacy" sign was never set out, the hospitality gift bags the bride had given to the front desk for her guests never made it to some of the rooms they were supposed to get to, yet when the desk was asked where the rest of the bags were they had mysteriously disappeared. This left us wondering what the college aged front desk staff had done with all those liquor bottles the bride had intended for her guests.... Not hard to figure that one out.

Bottom line, if you are passing through as a family or business traveler I would consider staying here, but if you are hosting a group or function then you'd better think twice.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Heather K
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Heather K, Thank you for sharing your perspectives on the wedding party you participated in. All reports that I have gathered regarding this event certainly provide evidence that there was high celebration and revelry enjoyed; very high, in fact. To set the record straight, we distributed all but one of the gift bags that were provided and that one is still available in the Assistant General Manager’s office should a member of your group like to claim it. Communication breakdowns and misunderstandings are not common place between any of our guests and our staff and we are disappointed and apologetic that you felt you experienced it, while thankful that you shared your feelings and the kind remarks you included. We also certainly want to wish the bride and groom a wonderful life together. Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

This is a nicee place. The double rooms do not have queen beds, but this may not be a problem.
Good breakfast and a great front desk staff.
Price is a borderline value, but otherwise I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

What a great hotel. It was filled with families for a big sports weekend around the Columbia area. Very quiet. The hotel allowed us to take our bikes into the room with us. We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Great access to the MKT trail that connects to the Katy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Read From the Start held a refresher training course for discussion leaders from all over the state of Missouri at Stoney Creek Inn located in Columbia, MO in July 2013. I called ahead because I have a latex allergy and needed to let them contact the caterers about my problem. Within minutes a staff person called me back. She found that the caterers did indeed use latex gloves. She went on to tell me that my food would be specially prepared and served without the use of latex gloves. When I arrived I was delighted with the friendliness of the staff. The rooms were exceptionally clean and spacious. The inn was delightful. I highly recommend Stoney Creek Inn to anyone coming to Columbia. From start to finish my stay was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here for one night following a wedding and I was really impressed. Maybe I didn't go into it expecting much, but I was surprised at how nice a hotel this was! Rooms were very clean and they seemed to be in good condition. Front desk staff was very friendly. Beds were comfortable and the hotel room was quiet. My only negative was that the shower had a regular shower rod and not a curved one, the showers just feel so much smaller. Overall a good stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This hotel may be 3 miles from the interstate (I-70), but it is worth the few extra minutes drive! The environment was fun, the rooms were spotless, and the staff was outstanding - so courteous and helpful! There is a nice pool and hot tub and a great free breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again anytime and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family