“Best Pet Friendly hotel ever!!!!”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at Stoney Creek in Columbia with our dog Jake after a grueling 12 hour drive from Colorado. We usually go for the La Quinta or Drury since we know they are dog friendly, but wanted to try something different and are thrilled we did. We were in room 080 and it's the BEST if you have a dog. It is an expanded King size room with a screened in porch that opens up to open space. Perfect for a doggie. No more treking down the corridor or the elevator to get your pooch outside. The room was cozy and clean and the bed was very comfortable. It also had a very large soaking tub which came in handy after the long drive. I can't say enough good things about this room, hotel and staff. The ONLY negative is that it's about 4 miles off I-70, but well worth it.

Room Tip: Get room 080 if you are traveling with a dog!!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 December 2013

My wife and I stay at the Stoney Creek Inn from time to time since our daughter attends Mizzou.
Every time we have found the staff to be most courteous whether that be the household staff or those who work in the breakfast area. Also, the front desk has been most helpful including the last time when they recommended an outstanding restaurant in the area. Stoney Creek Inn is just an amazing place to stay but the staff makes it extra special.

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage room. They are more expensive but we find the location and extra room worth the e...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

What a great night I spent at Stoney Creek Inn! The hotel was spotlessly clean and very quaint made you feel like you were in a mountain lodge. Indoor/outdoor pool was awesome and clean. My room had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, was nice sized all of the Bath products were organic and again can I say spotlessly clean! When I checked out I asked how old the hotel was thinking this clean it must be new...10 years old! I would highly recommend a stay at Stoney Creek Inn!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel is nicely put together with a mountain/outdoors theme that is awesome! The staff were very helpful and amicable. Though it was really cold out, the temp inside the lobby and my room was "nice and cozy"

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Several times a year I go to meetings on the MU campus and I always stay at Stoney Creek. It is always clean, has a nice staff, love the free breakfast, the pool area, the option of several different types of rooms. Join the rewards club and get two free cocktail tickets in the bar area. The rooms with the hot tubs are really nice on a cold day or after a long drive. There are also two room suites for very little more if you are staying with a friend. I can't think of anything I don't like about this place!

Room Tip: Ask about the different types of rooms. Some have microwaves and frigs and some do not.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Connie N
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed the week of 12/2, and was able to make an additional reservation with Liv in under 3 minutes. She was extremely polite, personable and made the transaction a genuinely enjoyable experience. I also appreciated the opportunity to witness the camaraderie shared among herself and her colleagues Jessica and Sheila. It was obvious they take pride in ownership for their given areas of responsibility and function well as a team. They gave credit to their boss for fostering an environment in which they can thrive and enjoy coming to work. I have 7 years of customer facing experience, so I have high expectations regarding customer interaction and experience. I'm pleased to say that Liv and her cohorts exceeded my expectations. I look forward to future business trips and the opportunity to patronize Stoney Creek Inn.

Room Tip: stayed on the second floor near stairs and slept great
1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Spent the week at this very nice hotel and really enjoyed my stay. The room I had was a suite with a small kitchenette in it, which I used versus eating out every night. The hotel is just down the street from the Mizzou Tiger Stadium and very near several major medical centers, including the Department of Veteran's Affairs hospital. The one thing that I didn't care for was the breakfast bar, not the food, the temperature of the food. By the time I sat down it was already cold. Not sure what could be done about that, but it's just an observation. Didn't stop me from eating though! I would highly recommend this hotel and it's caring staff and wait services. Thank you Stoney Creek!

Room Tip: My room was on the southwest corner of the hotel and was pretty quiet there.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business