“nothing special”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have stayed in pet friendly hotels before and this was somewhat different. It had a larger room and metal holding cage for our dog. I wish I knew that sooner, I would not have bought ours from home. The breakfast was average at best nothing but cold items or biscuits and gravy if you consider that hot item. The Bar was average the help acted like this was the last place they want to be. Hotel was dated, the front area as you come into hotel was totally outdated and dirty. I think I will pass next time we decide to bring out dog here.

Room Tip: a little pricy for what you get
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ronher
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Ronher, We are certainly very disappointed that your stay didn’t meet your expectations. We are very pet friendly, but even more people friendly. There is no excuse if in fact the bar staff gave you an uninterested vibe and please know that our breakfast menus rotate to a variety of hot dishes. We are known for our outstanding cleanliness, so I’m not sure what circumstances took place there. In any case, I apologize for our performance and wish you would give us an opportunity in the future to earn your trust and confidence by showing you the restful, clean, outstanding experience so many others have commented on. Thanks for sharing.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Awesome highly recommended to stay at this hotel. I would also highly recommend it. The rooms are spacious, clean, and beautiful. The bathrooms are big and very well kept. Julie in the lobby cleaning team was awesome friendly and helpful. Emily at the reception was very helpful,kind and sweet. Recommended a jeweler to me since I was from out of town.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I bought a night stay at the Stoney Creek Inn in Columbia, Missouri for Christmas night with a reservation made on December 1, 2013. This was a Christmas present for a friend.
I’ve heard a lot of praise about the Inn and thought it would be a great place for them to stay. A Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna and all the great amenities that would have made spending the Holidays alone a little easier. I went with them to check in and saw no signs that anything may not be quite as it should be. Nor was I advised by the lady who checked us in that the hot tub was not working. I understand things happen and would not thought twice of paying the difference for a room with a hot tub had I known the main one was not working.
They were very disappointed to find later that the tub was not working and had not for some time. I’m disappointed too.
When they checked out they were given an upgrade card for the next visit after confronting the desk lady about the hot tub. Thanks for nothing because I feel there will be no next visit. I think the situation could have been avoided by a little consideration and thought from the desk upon our check in.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank disappointed1552014
Jack K, Vice President Of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Disappointed, I share your disappointment in not informing you in a timely fashion that one of our many amenities was not in working order and I agree we could have handled that situation much better.. As you can tell by reading our many 5 star reviews, disappointing our guests is the one thing we never want to do. We make happy customers and don’t make excuses when we fall short of expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for this oversight on our part and I hope you reconsider returning and giving us an opportunity to re-earn your trust.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is an extremely nice hotel with friendly staff. The rooms are extremely comfortable and clean for a good nights sleep! They have a pet fee, however the pet rooms on the first floor have a patio door with easy access to get in and out! We will return here for sure when traveling through Columbia. There is a Panera Bread and several businesses nearby.

Room Tip: Have a pet...Ask for a first floor king bed with patio!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We held our wedding reception at Stoney Creek Inn and were guests there for 3 nights. The staff is absolutely wonderful and accommodating. We could not have asked for anything more. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. I would highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: If traveling as a family I would recommend choosing a room with bunk beds. A great deal that will f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

The receptionist was very nice and rooms were wonderful. I was was more than impressed and very satisfied overall. I only stayed from 5:30am to noon and because of that the receptionist was adequate and understanding with pricing. I will definately be coming back here for a night away from home to relax.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here on a trip cross country with my dog. The courteous staff guided me in by phone when I took a wrong turn and was quick to recommend a local restaurant for a to-go dinner so my poor pup didn't have stay alone in the room. The room its self was on par with and above many full Marriott properties. All was clean and well maintained. Free breakfast in the morning was typical of many hotels but the area was cleaner and better staffed than most.

A little far from Route 70 but well worth the few miles driven. Everything a notch above and all at a mid-price rate.

Room Tip: I can't see where any room would be bad.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo