“Perfect, perfect”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My family stayed at Stoney Creek Inn - Columbia for almost three months while our home was being repaired. Every staff member, every breakfast, every amenity was top notch. The staff was incredibly friendly and made what could have been a rough situation (being out of our home) so pleasant. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the rooms with a sun porch.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Stoney Creek Inn & Conference Center staff are fantastic. With any event there are bound to be miner inconveniences and issues and with anything that popped up the staff were quick, attentive and courteous. The room was a little snug, but there were several meetings going on during the week and the staff tried to make sure we were as comfortable as possible.

The hotel room was adorable. The hotel has a lodge theme and they have fun with it. Moose, bears, canoe oars abound and somehow it works in a fun way! My room had a small patio that just made my stay that much more cozy.

My only draw back is with the bathroom. The bathroom is nice and clean but there is a major height difference between the tub floor and the bathroom floor! As a short person I had to use the railing to help myself in and out of the tub! However it is my understanding that they plan to renovate the bathrooms soon. Other than that, great stay and I look forward to staying again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This Stoney Creek Inn is a great place to stay, especially if you're spending alot of time at Mizzou. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel was booked to capacity and I had booked last minute. Ended up having to book two seperate rooms but when I checked in they worked it out so I would'nt have to move. The front desk staff was fantastic. Always smiling.The hotel was very clean as was the room. Breakfast was not that great, expected better. The Waffle House right up the street was great though. I would definately stay here again. Overall very nice. I realize this a very kid friendly hotel and they host many sports teams so there are always kids running around. I don't have a problem with any of that. Where the problem came in was on Friday night after a long day a few of us wanted to stop in the bar and have a glass of wine. Not a chance! There were a ton of kids from a baseball team running all over the bar area. running around, playing tag, having some sort of pizza party. Nowhere to sit and even if there were you couldn't talk over the kids...... It's not like it was 7pm either. It was close to 11pm. I hope next time they can find a different space for them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I love Stoney Creek Inns and wish they were more widespread. This was my first time at this location and it was great. A bit further off the highway than I had anticipated but closer to Mizzou (the reason for our stay) than I had figured so it worked out well. We were on a college tour and Mizzou was closed for spring break but we wanted to see the college on our own anyways. The desk clerk, Olivia, is a student at Mizzou and went above an beyond patiently answering our questions about the school and even bringing out a map to show us the layout of the school-was like having our own personal guide but at the hotel! As with other Stoney Creek Inn's, the pool and hot tub area are fabulous as is the decor throughout the hotel. The rooms are spacious enough with really comfortable beds and bedding. Nice sized fridge and microwave in the room. Breakfast was very good. There is also a Waffle House within walking distance (we had dinner there and it was actually great) or plenty of dining options within a short drive. Great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Stoney Creek Inn is very nice, with beautiful lobbies and good sized, well appointed rooms. However, I will not be staying there again on any of our future visits to Columbia, as I am concerned about their risk management practices.
At 4 am, the smoke detector in our room began to beep loudly. We removed the battery, and called the front desk, as it continued to beep, because it was connected to the electrical system for safety measures. The battery was replaced within 10 minutes. Although I was unhappy at the rude awakening so early in the morning, it really wasn't a big deal until I looked at the battery the next morning. That's when I noticed that the battery had expired one year previous. It was obvious to me at that point that the battery had not been changed in quite some time- surely not twice a year as recommended. (I checked some batteries at home to see how long until they expired, and the date was 2022, so I know the smoke detector battery was very old.)
I contacted the manager, Michael Kelly, and was told that although the batteries are checked twice a year, our particular room must have been missed. I have a hard time believing that a battery that had expired in March of 2013 had just been missed once.
Mr. Kelly offered to upgrade us to a suite on our next visit, or discount the previous stay. I have requested a discount, as I don't feel comfortable staying at Stoney Creek Inn again. My husband and I will be staying in Columbia often in the upcoming months, but we won't be staying there, which is disappointing, as in other respects, it appeared to be a nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank hockeyfan5
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Hockeyfan5, I cannot express strongly enough that priority one at our hotel is the safety, comfort and security of all of our guests. All of our smoke alarms are hard wired so an alarm triggers at our front desk and at our security company, who immediately call the fire department and also call us to verify. In the rare and unlikely event of a power failure, we have generators that kick in and take over and in the even more highly unlikely event that all systems fail, we then become dependent on the battery back-up. As you can see, unlike most of our homes where the battery operated alarm is the only line of defense, we have several. That being said, there is absolutely no excuse, and we make none, for a battery past expiration on anything, not even a TV remote, and for that I offer our humble apologies. I would like to assure you that you were never in any danger and also like to thank you for the very kind words of praise you included in your review submission. I apologize for the rude early morning wake up. That too, is inexcusable. We are revamping out battery replacement program and have already implemented changes that will insure no recurrence of old batteries in use. I would hope that you now that you know we have a very sophisticated risk management program in place you would reconsider a future stay with us and give us the opportunity to re-earn your confidence. Sincerely, Hockeyfantoo.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

In Columbia for a swim meet. And had to get three rooms and there was a challenge with one. The service staff took care of everything to our satisfaction (and more) even with the hotel at full capacity. Very impressive. Would stay again in minute. Clean, friendly, attentive and even a fun theme. Shout out to Jessica, Jessica, Cody, and the rest of the team!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is good, the staff is friendly and professional, and the room is clean. I really like it, and if I have to come back to Columbia, probably I'll be there. The rustic appearance is nice, and people are really friendly.
I like it very much!!!!