“Another good experience”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay at STI. Very friendly staff. Super clean room. Breakfast was a hassle as there were high school cheerleaders from a nearby clinic/camp staying there; too many people in too small of a space. But that is no fault of the management. Have put them in my contact list on cell phone.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My plan was to stay close to 4 weeks...this is a lodge type atmosphere. However, it was dark, dated and depressing to me. I stayed in two different rooms and both were similar in appearance, over the two separate weeks I was there. There is no overhead lighting in the rooms I stayed in, just table lamps with yellow dim blubs. I was on the first floor, so leaving the curtain open was not an option. The Front Desk was ok, and would say hello as I would walk by. However, walking down the hall, housekeeping and maintenance would not speak. Sometimes I would say "hi" but it was like no one had instructed them to say hello and be friendly to the guests and it was somewhat awkward and strange. The breakfast offerings were disappointing and the housekeeping was very limited. My bed looked like a 5 year old made it. And one day, all they did was flush my toilet, make my bed like a 5 year old and leave fresh towels. My trash was not emptied, floor not vacuumed nor counters wiped down. The light was out over the lavatory when I checked-in and several days later, I waited to see if anyone of the housekeepers would be proactive, I finally asked the front desk to replace it and they did. I also ask them how often they emptied the pet canister, and they didn't know. So I explained it hadn't been emptied during my stay and was about to overflow...this was a good 10 days after I first arrived there. : ( I know this may all sound picky pickster of me...but I was going to be there a long time and it was hard enough to be away from home. Then to add insult to injury...because of the circumstances of my stay, I had to make changes to my reservations and in doing so, my rate was increased. This was when I decided that I needed to find somewhere else. When asked, if I was coming back, I told them, that I cancelled my other reservations because my rate increased and made arrangements to stay elsewhere....Neither the GM nor the young lady who were both standing behind the counter made an attempt to rectify this. I found a hotel that the front desk, head housekeeper and marketing director all remember me by name when I would walk by, were genuinely friendly, in fact all the staff greeted the guests as they walked by and some would chat a bit in the hall, very pleasant! Great breakfast selection in an attractive remodeled light and cheery area. They also gave me a great rate for my extended stay...in addition to offering a an exercise room, indoor pool and laundry facility free to guests. Three nights a week there is a complimentary social hour with food. I have some new friends in Missouri and a great place I will recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was the hotel where many of our out of town friends and relatives stayed for our son's wedding. They commented on the nice sizes of the rooms and closeness to shops, restaurants and pubs. They appreciated the free breakfasts offered by the hotel. The reservation agent, managers, and hotel staff were very helpful and cordial! We would use Stoney Creek again in the future,

Room Tip: Our room was large with a refrigerator and a recliner with massage controls! It was a big hit with...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I again had the chance to be at Stoney Creek INN in Columbia, Mo
All the staff from front desk, reservations, cleaning, maintenance and visitors all treat you like family and it seems to create a environment of friendliness.

Great price and great hot breakfast.... love those waffles...
if you are in town stay and enjoy everything they have to offer..

Room Tip: all the rooms are great, some have an outside balcony, some have whirlpool tubs, some even have mass...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This place is wonderful! We stopped here on our way home from Kansas strictly on the Trip Advisor reviews and the fact it had an indoor pool. I was absolutely surprised at how nice this hotel turned out to be. The staff were very pleasant and the place is gorgeous. I love the wilderness decor. My kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool. The beds were the softest and most comfortable I have slept on in a long time. If you are staying in Columbia or passing through make this hotel a stop. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel was awesome for our athletic team traveling in the area. They were able to include a great breakfast and deal with all our last minute changes.

Dont be afraid that they aren't one of the big hotel chains when booking. They are top notch and we will be staying here anytime we are traveling to Columbia in the future

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Convenient location for visiting Columbia, Missouri. Great rooms and nice staff. Lots of meeting space. The only reason the hotel does not get an excellent is because the breakfast provided is limited.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business