“Nice hotel.. but watch your bill!”
Review of The Tiger Hotel

The Tiger Hotel
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Annapolis, MD
“Nice hotel.. but watch your bill!”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The hotel itself is pleasant. Sadly it has been overshadowed by the fact that they charged my credit card for my own room and for someone else's room! I have called the hotel six times and spoke to 2 different managers and still can't get the credit put back on my credit card! (2 months later) I'd be hard pressed to stay here again if this was the last hotel in 100 miles!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SSMDAnnapolis_MD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Arrived for a one night stay January 26, 2013... This hotel is a magnificent historic building with a helpful manager, friendly employees and best of all ...incredible accomodations...from the luxury linens, flat screens with HD TV, remote control window shades, modern bathroom facilities, quiet hallways, first class amenities... Don't even think about staying elsewhere if you are looking for a romantic place to stay or luxury lodging for a college weekend... . And do not miss the cupcakes and coffee at the lobby coffee shop.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 28 December 2012

As a frequent traveler I stay at many hotels. The Tiger Hotel was definitely the best hotel experience I have ever had. My family stayed there for the Christmas holidays. We truly enjoyed the hotel and especially the staff. We stayed in one of the suites that had a separated lounge area. Very spacious. The bathroom was the best part of the room. Large soaking tub and a glass showers with the “rainfall” showerhead. Super fluffy towels.

We tried out the restaurant for breakfast both days we were there. The Wake Up call was great and HUGE. My mom loved the biscuits the best. She said the taste homemade. Also great cupcakes! Went to the cozy lounge in the evening and listened to some great music.

The best part about this hotel that separated it from all the other hotels I have stayed at was the personal attention the staff gave us. From the bellman, housekeepers, management, etc. Everyone made sure we were comfortable. The last morning we were there, I went down to get breakfast for me and my mom. The staff noticed my mom wasn’t with me and offered to bring our breakfast up to us…Just a small gesture but meant so much.

A cute boutique hotel. With a wonderful location. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the higher floors for the great view.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LadyB-KC
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I decided to ask my beautiful girlfriend to marry me on Friday, December 21st. I was searching all over the place for the perfect place to ask and I decided that I would propose on top of the Tiger Hotel. Two days, I repeat, two days before I asked I called The Tiger Hotel and was treated by some of the most incredibly thoughtful, friendly, and professional staff I've ever met. From Nancy (at the front Desk) to the Sales team, to the amazing Samantha who was put in charge of making everything flow from beginning to end, I had what my fiance called 'the perfect night' brought together with hardly any expense, in fact I would have paid double the amount that I did as they only made me pay for an absolutely delicious meal that we had afterwards. Samantha set up the photographer, made me feel comfortable and taken care of, provided smooth transition points from the time we first arrived to transitioning out of pictures into dinner, she stood at the top of the stairs to welcome us on top of the roof (where I asked), she even carried the prop that I had set up on top down to the floor level for me to take home, she set up a gorgeous table with candles in the presidential suite that we ate dinner, and she took care of the details herself. Keep in mind this isn't part of her job description, she went above and beyond to take care of us and provide the Tiger Hotel to be a beautiful part of our story. Thank you so much for one of the best nights of our lives!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Hotel staff had great service. For the price you can't find a better hotel. Room was very spacious. High class hotel. Velvet Cupcake and Vault Bar have great food! Would recommend and I'm definitely staying here again. Location is great, located downtown with the best restaurants and bars.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Parshalldlpgfc
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We stayed here for a short weekend get-away and we completely surprised and pleased with this gem of a hotel. From the time we walked in the door and they helped us with parking EVERYONE on the staff was extremely helpful and nice. We kept talking about how nice the staff was throughout our stay. We will definitely stay here again and want to send our family here. The view of the columns from our room was awesome as well!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank tmgc9
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We decided to look for the nicest hotel in Columbia, Mo after attending a graduation ceremony and settled on The Tiger Hotel. It cost double the price of some of the other hotels in the area but we liked the idea of a downtown hotel location that was supposedly nicer than the rest according their reservation agent.

The lobby area was loud with little to be impressed by. We were there in mid December and it wasn't even decorated for the holidays. After checking in, we got in the tiny elevator to our room which was nice and spacious. The flat screen TV on the wall was awful and kept pixelating and losing audio on the HD channels. The non HD channels were fuzzy. Breakfast is not included with the room rate either which was a disappointment.

Bottom line:
We would not go back to this hotel. For half the price, we could get a suite at another property with breakfast included and a working TV. They claim to be a 4 star boutique hotel. This hotel misses the mark in my opinion

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family