“Totally changed my experience of Columbia”
Review of The Tiger Hotel

The Tiger Hotel
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Chicago
“Totally changed my experience of Columbia”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

All I can say is Wow! Having stayed before in one of the chain hotels on the edge of town, having a downtown option made all the difference in enjoying the city. You can walk to everything including the university. But beyond the great location, the hotel is excellent. They have really put a focus on customer service from the guys with the valet parking, to checkin, to the bar (be sure an order a 'dirty money' and hopefully you'll have James as bartender who is a local with lots of knowledge about where to ear.) And the rooms are essentially new rooms because you can tell literally everything was replaced. The Molton Brown amenities took me back to London, the tub the biggest I've seen, and the bed wonderful. Fully stocked mini bar. As for the blinds .... you can stop them where you want so ignore the 'only up or only down' comment. With all the great eats nearby, a visit to the Tiger Hotel even on business made it feel a bit more like a vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ordglobal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Tiger Hotel in Columbia and loved it. We don't like to stay at chain hotels, but almost missed this place because the name doesn't give the impression of luxury. Thankfully we gave it another look and will certainly return when we visit the area. The hotel is in an older building in downtown Columbia in "The District." This is the area near three colleges and contains funky shops and restaurants. Our room had a large window that allowed you to lay in bed and look out over the campus of the University of Missouri at night. The window blinds raise/lower with the flip of a switch. The large tub was great and the shower was just what we needed. The bath products were first rate. The bed and bedding were top quality. The hotel has a small cupcake shop attached so be sure to visit that if possible.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IowaTraveler22
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The Tiger had the perfect location that was close to restaurants, nightlife and a only a minutes walk from campus. The staff were delightful and paid close attention to detail! The rooms were large and the Molton Brown amenities gave them an impressive touch. The Velvet Cupcake had exciting new cupcake flavors each day and served Starbucks coffee as well. Overall, a thoroughly relaxing stay and would recommend the Tiger to anybody visiting Columbia!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Wes E, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Hello Govind!

We are truly thankful for the wonderful review that you provide about The Tiger Hotel. Your kind and generous words are really appreciated from the entire staff. We are so glad that we where able to meet all of your expectations and look forward to seeing you again VERY soon!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The service was great! I got my own personalized cupcake! They serve really good breakfast every morning! The Vault (downstairs) has really good room service. They even have a charcuterie plate. This is a meat and cheese plate that goes amazing with the wine selection in your mini fridge! I also love that each room comes with Figi water. I would expect this from every hotel but you barely even get close lol. #LOVETIGER

Room Tip: Any of the staff will help you! They have different levels of rooms but they all feel presidential!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wes E, General Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Hello Malena!

Just wanted to thank you for the wonderful review you posted about The Tiger Hotel. As you know, we strive to achieve complete guest satisfaction for every guest that steps foot on the property. We truly value the kind words you published about our hotel and on behalf of the entire staff can't wait for you to return again!

Wildwood, Missouri
Reviewed 29 July 2013

HECK NO!!!
This place was AMAZING!!!
This was an unplanned visit (emergency surgery), so I arrived not knowing much about this town.
Michela inquired about my stay, got me checked into the hotel, asked me about the emergency, and she cried briefly with me.

I had the pleasure of running into the A.General Manager...what a pleasure he was as I was finally able to sit and eat in The Vault (this was around 11pm and I was starving). He must have thought I looked frazzled and upgraded my room..(SIDE NOTE...I thought my room was nice..when he upgraded me to a suite...I was overwhelmed).

Other staff that was impressive and definately made my stay enjoyable Candy..what a hoot! Talk about first class customer service and hotel hospitality!
The upscale service was experienced every time I ran into someone (and yes, I ran into a housekeeper, my fault for not paying attention, I completely apologized, but she still had a smile on her face).
Again, when I asked the front desk for something I needed, the Valet was kind enough to offer, "Sir, that's my job, hand me your keys and I will make it happen".
**To the Valet...my apologies, but I forgot your name...I just hope you realize you made a difference with my stay...and thank you for getting my truck out of the small parking garage.

Room Tip: I did feel safe in this hotel...if you want to use the elevator, you MUST have a room key! Small th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hello there!

I just wanted to take this time to thank you for the fabulous review that you provided The Tiger Hotel. Such kind words and our entire staff truly enjoyed having you here. We are honored that The Tiger Hotel is your Columbia home and we can't wait to have you back!

See you soon!

Michael J.
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel I've stayed at in Columbia. My husband and I went there for our anniversary. They had a week day special for locals, so the price was unbeatable! We had a drink at the bar, which was great, but the rooms are amazing!! The only thing that beat the rooms was the location! We were able to walk everywhere and eat and drink anywhere in the district. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Wes E, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Hello There!

It is so nice to hear the kind words about our property. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Downtown and just a two block walk to the center of campus. I am so happy that we where able to help make such a special occasion (your anniversary) even more enjoyable for you!

Can't wait to see you again!

Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I just got back from my 2nd stay at the Tiger Inn. Character, charm, beautiful modern rooms, a cheerful and helpful staff, this place is the best hotel in Columbia, MO and the only hotel that I saw that is in the heart of Columbia with restaurants, coffee shops, music venues, all right outside your door. Want to see your kid at Mizzou - stroll 2 blocks and your on campus! Why anyone would stay at those cookie cutter chain hotels out off the freeway is beyond me. As a returning guest the staff, particularly ace assistant manager Michael Jackson, treated my wife and I like returning royalty. What a great hotel! Can't wait to go back for a football weekend in September!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Wes E, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Hello MarkM!

We are so glad that The Tiger Hotel suited you so well. We are glad that the fact that our hotel is walking distance from all things Columbia benefited you so well. It sure makes things easier for our guest to enjoy our beautiful city and Universities being this close to everything.

We can't wait to see you again this Fall!