“Date night at the TIGER HOTEL!”
Review of The Tiger Hotel

The Tiger Hotel
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband wished me away for a surprise "date night" at the Tiger Hotel. From the minute we arrived, we were greeted warmly and friendly. The valet guys are on their toes...were at the car door before we even got out of the car. GREAT GUYS! We were an hour early for check in, but the front desk girl welcomed us and checked us in. We were on the 8th floor in an executive suite! Alittle more money but WORTH EVERY EXTRA PENNY!

Let's start with the awesome BATHROOM! Plush towels, designer shampoos & soaps, granite sink tops...etc. The shower was heavenly with it's rainfall shower head! And the DEEP jetted tub...well all I can say is if I could of fit it in my suitcase I would of taken it home with me. The best bathtub I have ever soaked in!!!!!

The BEDROOM was so cozy and the bed was plush and so comfortable. The bed over looks two huge windows with electronic shades with a big screen tv between the two. We stayed on the 4th of July so a big highlight of my date night with hubby was laying in bed watching the fireworks over the horizon all over Columbia!

If your lucky enough to stay at The Tiger Hotel on 4th of July...the city puts on a huge fireworks show "FIRE IN THE SKY" at a park only blocks away. Watch from the back of the hotel...it was the best fireworks display I have witnessed!!!

The only negatives were we couldn't go on the roof...which was one of the reasons hubby booked here. I'm not sure why it was closed...maybe because of the fireworks??? Or if it's closed indefinitely? Also the TV channels are limited...no Pay Per Views offered.

OVERALL....had a wonderful night and will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Columbia!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moorekddz
Michael J, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Hello there!

We are flattered of the kind review that you provided of The Tiger Hotel (and for spending "Date Night" with us).

We are ecstatic that you where able to take advantage of such amenities and unique touches that only Columbia's AAA 4-Diamond hotel can offer. We are glad that our Valet's provided exceptional service to you and that you where able to enjoy those deep soaking tubs that we offer in all of our rooms (and the best views of downtown and the Mizzou campus).

Please "thank" your spouse from us for bringing you to The Tiger Hotel and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I LOVE this Hotel! They are very accommodating and very pleasant to speak with. Their valet service is fast, and on point. I highly recommend The Tiger Hotel to any group looking to stay in Columbia, MO.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany G

Hello Tiffany G,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for writing such a great review on The Tiger Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at downtown's only luxury 4-diamond boutique hotel. We know you have a lot of choices in where to stay in Columbia and are ecstatic that you choose us. I hope in your next stay you will be able to take advantage of our new balcony suites that have a great view of the Mizzou columns.

Can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I can't believe how well this hotel has turned around in the past decade. The king bedroom I stayed in was immaculate. The staff is nice but could maybe be a little more knowledgeable. They were unsure of a few questions but overall were very attentive and kind. The valet service was on top of it! Very cheap for the service you get and very accommodating. The stay was great and I will definitely come back, especially at the reasonable prices.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Michael J, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hello Ryan C,

Just wanted to write you a quick note about how thankful we are at The Tiger Hotel for the kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning to us in the future. If I can be of any assistance to you, please just let me know.

Can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am not from Missouri. In fact, I have been in Columbia only twice in my life. However, both times, I stayed at The Tiger Hotel, and both times I was exceedingly impressed.

The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and very attractive. I was surprised, because the building is old, and looks old from the outside. The mix of an old fashioned lobby and very modern rooms is impressive.

The hotel is in a perfect location to visit campus.

Not only were the rooms very good, but the staff was exceptional. With each visit, I needed a bit of extra service.

On my first visit, I checked-in asking for two rooms for two nights. After the first night, and past the check-out time, I unexpectedly needed to leave town. They cancelled my second night with no questions asked, and no extra charge. Then, upon returning home, I realized that I left my shaving kit in the hotel. They found it, and kept it for me for over a month until my next visit.

On my second visit, I reserved one room for two nights for my wife and me. On my way to Columbia, I learned that my daughter needed to stay with us. I called and asked for a roll-out bed. They did not have one, but when I arrived, they upgraded my room for only a slight additional charge so that we had a suite with a very nice pull-out couch in a separate room for my daughter.

I should also note that, on each visit, I called the front desk and asked for extra towels and an ice bucket. In each instance, the items I requested were delivered within a few minutes.

The Tiger Hotel does not have on-site parking. I typically do not like valet services because they take too long. However, each time I requested my vehicle, it arrived in less than five minutes, even when other people were requesting cars.

I have only two minor quibbles. I wish the room refrigerators had some space for guests' items (e.g., left overs from dinner). And I wish there was an ice machine accessible by guests. I hate calling the desk for ice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WILawyer
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I arrived at the Tiger Hotel in the middle of a drenching rainstorm (in which I had gotten myself lost for an hour) only to learn there was no parking garage adjacent to the hotel. Great, I thought. Now I have to go find a meter and lug my luggage through the rain. Humbug!
Suddenly, a young man appeared at my car door and offered to park my car and bring my luggage to my room.
10 minutes later I was checked into my room and splashing around my enormously deep soaking tub with a right big glass of wine. You will have to get them to explain their high tech wine dispensing machine but all I can say is Things were looking up!
The staff has been great. The room is small but fun (push a button and the shades go up or down!) and that bathtub alone is worth the price of admission!
Throughout my stay the staff all called me by name, had my car ready by the time I was off the elevator, and expertly managed that fine line between friendliness and respect for privacy.
I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: consider closing the shades during the day or the room will get hot! Ask for high floor for best vi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hello there!

We just wanted to take the time to thank you for writing such a great review on The Tiger Hotel! We are so glad that your Valet's took care of all of your needs with regards to your vehicle and luggage. Also, we are so glad that you where able to partake in our deep soaking tubs that all of our rooms are equipped with. Hopefully the next time you return you will be able to try one of our Garden Room which now have a beautiful and relaxing balcony with a amazing view of the campus.

We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

When I was a student at Mizzou (a long time ago), you wouldn't put your worst enemy at the Tiger Hotel. Wow, what a difference! This is one of the nicer hotels I've visited recently. And while it is a little more expensive than other area hotels, it is worth it. The staff was excellent from start to finish... professional and courteous. The room was large and comfortable. There are two restaurants right there... plus the hotel is downtown. You can walk to dozens of other places.
The room had nice amenities including a great coffee maker with Starbucks coffee (for free). Everything was quite sophisticated at this hotel.
The fitness room is just so-so and parking is difficult because it is downtown. But those are really my only two gripes. I would stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Michael J, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello TylerTV,

What a nice review that you provided about The Tiger Hotel! We are glad you where able to bear witness from the transformation of the building into Columbia only 4-diamond luxury boutique hotel! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay and the location right smack in the center of downtown.

We pride ourself on the luxery and unique amenties that only we can offer and glad that you where able to take advantage of all of them!

We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel service, bell boy, front desk and rooms, great and spacious. We was there for a wedding, the wedding was very special. The meals was probably the most disappointing. The set down dinner at the wedding, we was served, uncooked raw steak and fish so spicy that burned your mouth,we sent the steak back twice, and it seem to get worse each time, gave up with very little to eat. We were not the only ones complaining. The stay was great, and if we return, we will skip the food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello RVtripper,

I just wanted to take the time to drop you a quick "thank you" for the recent review that you provided The Tiger Hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel and all that it has to offer. We regret that your meal did not meet your expectations and we will make sure we review the situation with our staff so that we can achieve our goal of 100% satisfaction.

Again, we truly appreciate the kind review and your choosing to stay with us. We can't wait to see you again!