“Lovely Place”

The Tiger Hotel
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
“Lovely Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Completely renovated. Comfortable room. Great guest services. Restaurant does not serve breakfast. Quick food available in cupcake shop. Conveniently located to downtown and Mizzou. The building is old, so it makes noise. I was woken up in the night from nondescript mechanical noises. I wish the hotel had more about its history. There is no swimming pool. The lobby is comfortable but small.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have more windows and are larger.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Hi there L0vie!

Many thanks for the kind review on The Tiger Hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experiences here. We are happy that you got to experience so many of the unique things that only The Tiger Hotel can offer.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

As always, my time at The Tiger Hotel was over far too soon. This was my third year staying at the hotel and I have never been disappointed. This year was by far the best. It seems it just gets better and better. The Molten Brown products are incredible! The staff was so friendly and helpful in every way. The room was spotless and the beds are so comfortable. We were upgraded to a suite for the first time and it was perfect! I hope that I will be able to return to his hotel in the years to come and highly recommend it to all my Razorback friends who may follow the Hogs to Columbia for a game in the years to come. The location and amenities cannot be beat! The Tiger is truly one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carrmom
Hello Carrmom!

Just wanted to take the time to thank you for writing such a kind review on The Tiger Hotel. We are excited that you consider us your home when you visit Columbia! We are always excited to have you, and I think you will be excited on all of the new amenities and features that we getting ready to announce. We are really glad that you enjoy Columbia's only luxury boutique hotel!

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have stayed at this property every time we are in Columbia Mo. With a kid in school there that has been at least 10 times so far. Each time we are greeted with a staff that goes above and beyond to make us comfortable. One of the managers (MJ) even carried our bags when we were trying to save a trip from the car by carrying to much. The valet parking attendants are very attentive and run each time to get your car. Even if you don't valet, your car is always close. The location is perfect when visiting the university as you can park and take in everything on foot. You are also right in the heart of downtown so there are many entertainment options with in a 2 minute walk. Even on game day the walk to the stadium is less than 15 minutes with heavy foot traffic. The rooms are very comfy and modern but with a quaint style. It is the kind of place you could stay for a few days and it would feel almost like home. Housekeeping is always attentive and the rooms were always very clean. The restaurant and cupcake/coffee shop off the lobby also have great service and good food, reasonably priced. If you get a room on the upper floors you get a great view of campus and the surrounding area and if you are lucky you can take in a beautiful sunset. We have at least 3 more years visiting Columbia Mo and I can not imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view especially if you can face south.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mark C
Hello Markekim!

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for the lovely review you wrote about The Tiger Hotel. We are ecstatic that you where able to enjoy so many amenities that only Columbia 4-diamond luxury hotel can offer. Above anything, we appreciate you for having The Tiger Hotel as your home away from home.

We can't wait to see you again!

Roeland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This historic hotel in downtown Columbia is within walking distance of all "eateries," bars and the University of Missouri campus. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with high quality linens and an enormous soaking tub in the bathroom. My friend claimed we could have eaten off the floor it was so clean! Staff were responsive, if a bit lacking in experience. Downstairs restaurant and bar has an eclectic menu and serves until midnight. Parking - use the valet service ($10 a day) for convenience.

Room Tip: All rooms have been recently remodeled, so all should be equally comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Michael J, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hello Jan F ,

Just wanted to take the to thank you for the kind review of The Tiger Hotel. We are happy that you where able to enjoy all the unique and high class amenities and perks that only Columbia's 4-Diamond Luxury Boutique hotel can offer. We are glad that our location in the heart of all of the action in downtown Columbia served you well, and that you where able to enjoy those deep soaking tubes we offer in all the rooms. We really appreciate your business!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

What a treat! A Kimpton-like splurge retro hotel in this small college town was not what I was expecting. My room was large, well-appointed and clean. I was in room 307, which meant I had a corner and a view on two sides. I would recommend going one floor higher to avoid the brick chimney that consumed part of my view, but even with it, the light was great and the room spacious. The exercise room is too small, but I only went in to contemplate exercising, not really do much. A real treat overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the 4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Michael J, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi DbTX,

Many thanks for the nice review about The Tiger Hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed so many of the unique amenities and features that only The Tiger Hotel offers. We are grateful that you have considered us at the same level of one of the best hotel in the world. We hope you are able to come back soon and experience Columbia's only 4-diamond full service luxury boutique hotel.

All the best!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here during Mizzou Summer Welcome. I was impressed that even though my daughter wasn't staying at the hotel, they still gave her a Summer Welcome drawstring bag with a t shirt, snacks, lotions, etc... My husband and I loved the room, it was very modern and I loved the remote control blinds. It was very convenient to the campus and to restaurants. We thought about going into the bar area in the evening but there wasn't even one customer either night we were there. I would definitely spend the extra money to stay here again if it was just my husband and I but would probably look elsewhere if I had the kids with me.

If you are older or have a mobility issue, the bathtub could be an issue. It was VERY deep and you had to step over the side to use the shower.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael J, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello Backatit63!

Just wanted to take the time to write you a quick "Thank You" for the kind and generous review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Columbia's only 4-Diamond luxury boutique hotel right in the middle of the action of The District. We are glad that you where able to take advantage of our deep soaking tubs and we where sorry that your daughter was unable to stay with us (we hope she still enjoyed her goodie-bag).

We can't wait to see you again!

Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband wished me away for a surprise "date night" at the Tiger Hotel. From the minute we arrived, we were greeted warmly and friendly. The valet guys are on their toes...were at the car door before we even got out of the car. GREAT GUYS! We were an hour early for check in, but the front desk girl welcomed us and checked us in. We were on the 8th floor in an executive suite! Alittle more money but WORTH EVERY EXTRA PENNY!

Let's start with the awesome BATHROOM! Plush towels, designer shampoos & soaps, granite sink tops...etc. The shower was heavenly with it's rainfall shower head! And the DEEP jetted tub...well all I can say is if I could of fit it in my suitcase I would of taken it home with me. The best bathtub I have ever soaked in!!!!!

The BEDROOM was so cozy and the bed was plush and so comfortable. The bed over looks two huge windows with electronic shades with a big screen tv between the two. We stayed on the 4th of July so a big highlight of my date night with hubby was laying in bed watching the fireworks over the horizon all over Columbia!

If your lucky enough to stay at The Tiger Hotel on 4th of July...the city puts on a huge fireworks show "FIRE IN THE SKY" at a park only blocks away. Watch from the back of the hotel...it was the best fireworks display I have witnessed!!!

The only negatives were we couldn't go on the roof...which was one of the reasons hubby booked here. I'm not sure why it was closed...maybe because of the fireworks??? Or if it's closed indefinitely? Also the TV channels are limited...no Pay Per Views offered.

OVERALL....had a wonderful night and will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Columbia!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moorekddz
Michael J, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Hello there!

We are flattered of the kind review that you provided of The Tiger Hotel (and for spending "Date Night" with us).

We are ecstatic that you where able to take advantage of such amenities and unique touches that only Columbia's AAA 4-Diamond hotel can offer. We are glad that our Valet's provided exceptional service to you and that you where able to enjoy those deep soaking tubs that we offer in all of our rooms (and the best views of downtown and the Mizzou campus).

Please "thank" your spouse from us for bringing you to The Tiger Hotel and we can't wait to see you again!