“Very Nice Indeed!”

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Nice Indeed!”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Our family checked into this property this last Friday for sold out area Mizzou Homecoming weekend with only a few hours advance notice of a available room. We were greeted with very pleasant front desk staff. The property is very clean and neat. Our room was spacious and pretty sound proof despite being on a corner facing the freeway. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful despite large game fan crowds milling about.
The only possible complaint I would have are the pillows...or shall I say Chiclets. The pillows where a very odd super small size not much bigger than Chiclets...LOL!

I would stay here again without any question.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north or north west would be good choices as to be farther away from the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thank you for you feedback. I am pleased to hear during the busiest time of the season, our staff was able to provide great service and keep breakfast items stocked throughout your stay. I am glad to hear that even on the highway side of the hotel, you still were able to have a good night's rest and it is very interesting to hear that the corner rooms block the noise. That is something we will keep in mind when making reservations in the future.

Thanks for your comment about our pillows. We will definitely look into other options. :)

We hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Montreal
Reviewed 10 October 2011

First visit to Columbia - which is a lovely little town. Had no reservations. Looked at the Regency downtown which was grim, so chose this one which was the closest we could find. It is just what we needed. Great room, large, very comfortable bed, clean and well equipped. Pool and exercise room are small but perfectly adequate. Front desk staff very friendly. Easy exit to the 70. Really good value for money - wish we could stay longer!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Thank you for your response. I am thrilled to hear your first visit to the Columbia area was wonderful and our accommodations well suited the needs of your trip. We hope you visit the area again in the future and You're Always Welcome at the Comfort Suites!
Monroe, GA
Reviewed 26 September 2011

After 550 miles of travel from Colorado, it was a welcome stop in Columbia, MO. Desk staff (Kandyce) was a pleasure to deal with as I had problems with intenet "hookup" and she gladly came to our room with an ethernet cord to"connect me" with the Internet. That kind of service is appreciated and it shows that they appreciate their customers.

The only negative post that I can apply is that the shower curtain was too short to guard against spillage. This matter was called to the attention of hotel staff.

Room Tip: Been here 4 years ago.......that's why I came back in 2011!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Thank you for your response. I am excited to hear our front desk staff went above and beyond to make you feel welcome while at our hotel and we do appreciate our loyal guests! New shower curtains have been ordered and are on the way. We hope to see you again soon.
Thayer, Missouri
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I travel a great deal with my work and in my personal life. Last weekend was the first time I had ever stayed at a Comfort Suites. I was a little skeptical because I had never stayed there, nor knew anyone that had.
I was traveling with five family members to visit the Mo. School for the Deaf for three days and also to visit a Spine Dr..We were given the 69.99 medical rate because we had to travel 5 hours for a medical reason. THAT WAS AWESOME!
The most important was the rooms were fantastic. Excellent beds, very clean, microwave, frig, and our room had a sitting area that had a hideabed loveseat.
All our shampoo, soap, etc was furnished for us at the desk. Luckily there was a laundry facility on site. Three kids + bbq= disaster..lol
The staff, even the cleaning crew were all friendly and eager to please. (Deaf children cant hear so they must either use sign or read lips, staff eagerly agreed to look at children and speak and tap on their shoulder if they needed anything)
Full breakfast. Sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, pastries, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagles, coffee, and juices.
EXCELLENT STAY>>>HIGHLY SUGGEST>>>WE'VE ALREADY BOOKED 2 MORE VISITS!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in 424
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am pleased to hear every aspect of your stay was wonderful and we promise to continue to execute the same service you received on your first stay for many more to come.

Thank you again, and we will see you soon!
Michigan
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I thought the location was a little difficult to get to/from for driving around, and there doesn't seem much around here.

Room was OK, rate was "meh", but the place left me feeling like "we don't care if you stay here or not", just something wasn't quite right. Perhaps it was me, but this location left me feeling like I should have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
I want to thank you for your time and feedback from your stay with us! I apologize for any difficulties in finding our hotel and places nearby to enjoy during your visit. We are located on the West side of town, an exit away from the Columbia Mall, and across the highway from major chain restaurants. I have notified my front desk staff and we will certainly strive to better provide accurate driving directions and places to visit while in the area.
Thank you again for your feedback and we would be honored to have another opportunity to prove we are committed to providing the best guest service and satisfaction in the area.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We arrived late at night, and our reserved room was actually reserved (not always the case in Columbia). The bed was wonderful and comfortable, but the room did have some pretty major drawbacks. The toilet seat was broken on one side; after showering in the morning it was obvious--the shower curtain is about an inch and a half too short to meet the tub, and the bathroom floor was a lake after a shower. Someone obviously slipped and grabbed at the seat to save themselves. The carpet in the sitting area was wet and stained, and there was food stains and a couple of peas on the floor. I really wanted to like this hotel, but simply couldn't.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katrinemo
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We want to apologize for the issues encountered with the shower curtain, toilet seat and breakfast room floor conditions. We are sorry for any inconvenience this caused you and yours during your stay. The issues have been passed along to our maintenance department to ensure everything is properly repaired.
We hope you will allow us another opportunity to prove to you we are 100% committed to guest satisfaction.
Washington
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We just had a quick overnight stop here. The staff was very nice. The rooms were clean. The only problem we had in the room was that the dust ruffle on the bed was all ripped. The breakfast consisted of the basic stuff found at every Choice hotel, plus scrambled eggs and bacon. Normally, not that thrilled what is put out in those categories, but they tasted good. Even though there were some sports teams and lots of teenage boys hitting the breakfast at the same time we were, the staff kept up with the food and they didn't run out of anything. This was a nice hotel, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. The pool is very tiny, we didn't have time to go in.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I extend my apologies for the ripped dust ruffle and our housekeeping staff has been notified of the issue. I am thrilled to hear our breakfast was well maintained, especially during the Missouri Show-Me State Games weekend, and that everything tasted great! Since your stay, we now have a new Your Morning Breakfast Program™ with a more updated look, more options for the breakfast menu, and grab and go bags for those who are leaving early.
Thanks again!