“Friendly employees, beautiful lobby and room”
Review of Courtyard Columbia

Courtyard Columbia
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My daughter, a prospective Mizzou student, and myself were greeted at night by a cheerful front desk employee who checked us in quickly. The lobby was somewhat busy, decorated very tastefully, and very modern. There was a quiet hush of conversations that felt very inviting, not overwhelming. Our room was very clean, modern and the beds were super comfortable. We got a great night's sleep, shower and delicious breakfast from Starbucks in the lobby the next morning. I am a Columbia native, but we've lived in Colorado for several decades, and I will stay at this hotel in the future, rather than impose on relatives and sleep on a fold-out couch. We were refreshed the next day to visit Mizzou and see family! Also, the housekeepers were extra friendly and always smiled and said hello to us.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 September 2011

You enter the room and are greeted by a soft light illuminating an Asian inspired arrangement of bamboo. The bed is relaxing and firm with great support. There's a refrigerator, microwave, couch with coffee table and an expansive desk. The bathroom is spotless and ample. The lounge is well designed with an outdoor courtyard and covered gazebo. There's an indoor pool. And then there's Starbucks. Finally, a hotel with good coffee and a Starbucks with good, hot breakfast sandwiches that also serves items for lunch and dinner as well as wine, beer and mixed drinks - although I only had breakfast. The hotel provides free airport shuttle.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank penandpalate
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed here for May Mizzou graduation. Easy to get to campus. Great staff. Clean, nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stay at this Courtyard one to two times a year. It is close to the Columbia Airport and Mizzou- about 10 minutes in each direction. It is always clean and is pretty new. They are renovating the business area, lobby, restaurant area which is a surprise because the hotel is fairly new. There is free internet in the rooms. The business center was not in service during our last visit due to construction but we were told that they could print out our boarding passes at the front desk. I asked the front desk if we could print out our boarding passes upon checking out and we were told that they didn't get internet at the front desk and she was unable to do that for us. She finally agreed to print them out for us after further discussion. This was not the service we expected to find there- it seems unlikely that the front desk would not have internet capabilities and especially after being a loyal Marriott customer. My rating for service would ordinarily be higher but our last experience was not so good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank calif_10
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Nice room, staff was helpful and the hotel was very clean. They were doing renovations in the Lobby which were kind of distracting, but the work has to be done at some point. The addition of Starbucks and modernizing of lounge areas is a great move. Did wish breakfast was offered at more of a discount, but the buffet price was reasonable at the attached Bennigan's.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, they only have a select few. The view is of hwy 63, but it's alw...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I think this is a great hotel. Of course, I am not paying for it, but I am very pleased with the staff and their concern for my comfort. Rooms look like they are recently remodeled and are very nice. I only heard the people above me just once and it wasn't loud at all. The first time I stayed here, there was a convention for "people for independent living". Lots of disabled people, support dogs, wheel chairs etc. Refreshing. What I thought was odd was with a last minute reservation, I got a handicap accessable room. I would have those would have been at a premium! But it was right next to the banquet rooms. It got loud at my early turn-in time at 9:30, but I called the front desk and after they closed the doors it was perfect!
My last trip was this week and there was some remodeling going on in the lobby. Not a big deal. I paid $6 for a nice continental breakfast at Bennigan's with some nice fresh fruit. It was fine, and convenient for me.
As far as restaurants nearby, I think there are a lot more than you think. Not tons of chain restaurants that are visible from the street. It took me a couple visits to find the Panera, which was behind some trees down the road. There's a new restaurant I read about in the magazine they had in the room called Babbo's. A great little italian place run by the Del Pietro family of St. Louis. Just across 63 before you reach Walmart. Not a ton of offerings, but a fresh margarita pizza and a salad for $15 with 1/2 of the pizza as a late night snack was great.
Check out trip advisor before coming and you'll find some great little places!
We are huge Marriott customers and this one is a keeper!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Nice room. Bathroom and Furniture up to date. Marriott has not put in thin, flat screen TVs yet.
Breakfast buffet extra charge but the Bennigan's is attached to the hotel and no need to drive to another restaurant. I would stay again and recommend this hotel. Currently, the hotel is doing renovations for a Starbucks in the lobby. There were a lot of kids for a soccer meet who seemed to be having a great time. Seems like families would enjoy their stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family