“Great Location-walk to U of Missouri”

The Broadway Columbia - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
columbia, United States
“Great Location-walk to U of Missouri”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was new and very nice. I'm use to complimentary breakfast and discovered there wasn't a place within walking distance to grab breakfast. Only real downside. Also, many hotels offer purified water filling stations and this one did not have that. Otherwise, I thought this hotel was clean, quiet, great rooms. Overall a pleasant experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Shelby V, Front Office Manager at The Broadway Columbia - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear David K,

Thank you very much for staying with us at The Broadway, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I want to mention that we do offer complimentary bottle water and breakfast to our Hilton Hhonors members. If you are not currently enrolled I would be more than happy to help you with that. I sincerely hope you will come back and stay with us again soon. We will be sure to have a warm DoubleTree cookie waiting for you.

The Broadway Columbia, a DoubleTree by Hitlon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Went to a wedding in Columbia, MO and stayed at the Broadway. This modern hotel stands out amidst the small town charm of the cluster of colleges and universities. But it was very comfortable, conveniently located, and has a happening rooftop restaurant, bar and open air lounge. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Warning. The Roof Deck Lounge draws a young boisterous crowd on weekends, so if your room is near th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Shelby V, Front Office Manager at The Broadway Columbia - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear TimJDolan,

Thank you so much for staying with us at The Broadway, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for reviewing your stay. I sincerely hope you will stay with us again soon. We will be sure to have a warm DoubleTree cookie waiting for you.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I'm an MU alum. Hotels in Columbia are a mixed bag, and only a handful are convenient to the Mizzou campus. Stayed at The Broadway this week: what a happy discovery! It's a modern luxury hotel on a small scale. Has everything required for comfort: excellent rooms, great service, complimentary coffee, good restaurant, lovely lobby and lounge. Parking is convenient and cheap. And the location on Braodway, the city's historical commercial heartbeat, is marvelous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Shelby V, Front Office Manager at The Broadway Columbia - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Nancy A,

Thank you so very much for staying with us at The Broadway, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and am happy to see a review of your visit. As an MU Alum I hope you will come back and see us again in the fall for a Game Day or possibly to watch with us on The Roof. I sincerely hope you will stay again soon and if there is anything you need please do not hesitate to ask. MIZ!

Plainville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was told my room had been upgraded. instead of 2 queen beds, I was given a king bed and a sofa sleeper. this was not a upgrade to me, I had to make my own bed, and sleep on a sofa, not so comfortable. would of rather had the option of a different hotel with 2 queen beds. why didn't they call and tell me ahead of time, isn't that the purpose of a confirmation? the sofa was difficult to sleep on, and when I called to speak to manager, no one returned my calls. thank you

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Shelby V, Front Office Manager at The Broadway Columbia - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Marlyn B,

Thank you very much for staying with us at The Broadway. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by your room type during your stay. I completely understand the frustrations when you expect one thing then receive another. I sincerely apologize that you were not informed of this change before you arrived. I sincerely hope that this issue during your stay did not completely tarnish your impression of our hotel and I would be more than happy to handle your future reservations personally to ensure you will be entirely comfortable. Again, thank you for staying with us and thank you for reviewing your visit.

Front Office Manger
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Columbia’s newest hotel, The Broadway, is huge hit. The hotel is downtown - on Broadway Street – is perfectly located for visitors to the University of Missouri and walking distance to fun restaurants, bars and shops.

The Roof is a lively bar on the rooftop with great views of the city. When the weather is nice it is a wonderful place to meet friends for a drink, but it does turn rather lively and trends young (college students) as the sun goes down. There is a lobby restaurant with a menu better than at most hotels. And the bar off the lobby is much more relaxed. The lobby has a terrific lodge-like feel with a dramatic fireplace and cool mid-century furniture.

The rooms are a bit small but decorated very tastefully in dark earth tones. The bedding is in keeping with Doubletree standards - - I had one of the best night’s sleeps.

I’m very excited about this new Columbia offering. The Tiger is the only serious rival to the Broadway if you are looking for a sophisticated hotel in a perfect location. I’d pick the Broadway first because it is very well managed - - terrific, friendly and attentive staff.

Dear Pete312,

Thank you very much for staying with us at The Broadway, I would also like to thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of the property. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely hope you will be back soon to visit with us. I'm glad you got a chance to visit The Roof during your stay we have recently unveiled our summer menu, if you are coming back into town soon I would highly recommend it. If you need anything at all please do not hesitate to ask.

East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Probably one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at, within walking distance of everything downtown Columbia. Large room, very nice and clean (I bumped into an inspector, different person from the maids). Bathroom was also very large, and the shower actually put out a sufficient amount of water (though I had it set to fire from both showerheads at the same time). Huge TV channel selection if you care about that sort of thing. There is a club on the roof - that surprised me late one evening as I wondered what all these people were doing around when I just wanted to get to my room! Great experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Shelby V, Front Office Manager at The Broadway Columbia - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Creationwaits,

Thank you so much for staying with us at The Broadway and for taking the time to review your experience here. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely hope you will come back and stay with us again soon. Based on your comments I wasn't sure if you got to spend time on The Roof or not, we have just released our summer menu so I would highly recommend that during your next visit. Again, thank you for staying with us we will be sure to have a warm DoubleTree cookie waiting for you for your next stay.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here on Hilton Honors points on a Monday night and had a great experience. It was a great location close to everything. Very comtemporary style. The room was fantastic. Did not hear a peep and slept very well. It was a Monday in the summer so that might something to do with it. We had our two young boys with us. Two downfalls with kids is no pool and the kids are not allowed in the rooftop restaurant as it is 21 and older. They did let us walk out on to the rooftop just to see the view and then we had to go. The staff was fantastic. Everyone has to pay $5 to park even Hilton Diamond members. Overall we really enjoyed this hotel and the location.

Dear Chargus,

Thank you so much for staying with us at The Broadway. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I wanted to comment on some of the items you mentioned in your review. First, I am very happy to hear that you and your family got to see the terrific view from The Roof. On your comment about the 21 and up we do allow persons under 21 on The Roof on Saturdays and Sundays from 11am-4pm. I understand this is not applicable during your stay with us but I thought I would mention it for future reference. Second, our parking is $5 per night to gaurantee you a spot in our garage. The spots next to the hotel do tend to fill quickly so we always want to make sure our guests have first priority. That being said I think the complimentary Diamond Member parking could definitely be something we could work out for the future. I will certainly mention it during our next meeting. I want to thank you again for staying with us and thank you for your comments. If you need any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to ask.