“Great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Branson, MO
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Needed a last minute room for a conference. The Country Inns & Suites just happened to be very close to my conference venue. The price was a bit lower than other hotels close by, so I worried a little. No need to worry! Rooms were very clean and up to date. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Aurora
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here on our way back from CO. The hotel is very clean, the staff attentive, and the rooms were clean and more modern. The breakfast is the standard "hot breakfast" found at most hotels, but the area was clean, and food kept coming as it ran out.

Thanks for a great stay, we will be recommending this hotel to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After reading reviews of the various hotels and motels in Columbia I decided to try the Country Inn and Suites. I had never stayed at this chain before. I wanted something better than a LaQuinta but less expensive than a Marriott or Hilton for my road trip from Denver to the east coast.

It was a convenient stop along I-70 and since my stay was not connected with the University I did not have any problem with its location being outside the downtown area. I found shopping nearby for some items I had forgotten to pack.

The front desk service was pleasant when I checked in and they called the room shortly after I got my luggage up from the car to make sure that everything was satisfactory with the room. The room was large, nicely furnished and the room and bathroom were perfectly cleaned. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. This motel is away from the highway and the interior hallway noise was lower than many hotels I have stayed in.

The WiFi Internet service was very good, maintaining consistent high speeds at all times of the day and night. The breakfast was standard for a mid-priced motel, with fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal and sweets.

I did not use the gym or the pool so I can't comment on them. Once nice touch was the discount cards for the TGIFriday restaurant right next door. Patricia's Market across the street was a great source of custom sandwiches for my continuing road trip the next day.

I enjoyed my stay so much that I spent two more nights here on my return drive back to Denver. I felt the price matched the quality, service and accommodations so I am giving this hotel an excellent rating since it met or exceeded all of my expectations for this class of accommodation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelingBear47
Manor TX
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We were driving through a thunderstorm getting to the hotel that night and the clerk saved the room for us even though we weren't able to give him a credit card (scary storm & driving) which was very nice. The room was a King Suite, with a separate living room and bedroom, and was very clean. Plenty of towels and the CACH worked great. Staff was polite and attentive when my youngest spilled her snack mix all over the elevator. Late checkout, lit and safe parking. We would stay again for sure!!

Stayed July 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My daughter and I stopped in Columbia on our way home from a trip this week. We stopped at Country Inn & Suites based on Tripadvisor reviews. I like Country Inns in general and was not disappointed by this location. The only downside I found was the front desk clerk was overwhelmed at our check in time. She was answering calls and trying to check in guests. There was a line of people trying to check in and she had two lines going on the phone. She needed back up. We got our room and it was very nice. Very clean and comfortable. I dislike the pillows used in many hotels these days. These were no exception. Three pillows on each bed but they are small down pillows that I don't care for. Luckily I had my own! Other than that the room was fantastic! No ice machine on the third floor and the only vending was on the first floor. Breakfast was clean and not crowded at 7 am. Well stocked with eggs, sausage, gravy and biscuits, waffles, cereal...a really good selection! The hotel was very quiet on the third floor. Comfortable bed too! All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Country Inn & Suites is a nice place to stay. Rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is friendly. The pool and hot tub are open until midnight. The only problem I had with this hotel, is the gaps under the doors of the hotel room (both the entry door and the door to the connecting room, are about 1 1/2 from the carpet to the bottom of the door. This allows for a lot of noise into the room. It wasn't that people were particularly loud, but you could hear everything people said, even at a normal voice level. Breakfast was plentiful and they kept it stocked.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had drove for almost 12 hours when we arrived at this hotel. From the time we entered we knew we had picked the right hotel. Clean great smelling hotel greeted us as we entered. The hotel appears to be very new. The halls are bright and open with plenty of light and an ac unit at the end of the hall to keep things nice. The rooms and beds are great. Got the best sleep of my entire 9 day trip. Breakfast was great too with fresh fruit slices, sausage, eggs and waffles. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple