“Overnight stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia
Gathering Place Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Columbia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were impressed by the cleanliness of the facility and friendliness of the staff. The accommodations were exactly as portrayed, the breakfast was totally delicious and beautifully served. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Gathering Place Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 26 October 2013

It has been a total of 10 years visiting Mizzou, through three of our daughters college years, it is always our choice to stay The Gathering place. It has improved and become a fine lodging establishment, under Mark and Deb's management. We cannot say enough how it is always a wonderful vacation experience. The food and table settings could not be better. It has been 10 wonderful years visiting and it will truly be so sad when this year the last daughter leaves mizzou and our visits are not as frequent. thank you for the wonderful comforts ,fabulous food and friendship.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay here. Our room and the entire home was beautiful and spotless. The breakfast may have been the best breakfast I have ever eaten.
Truly a great experience. Thanks Deb.
Johna and Lisa Lenell
9-27-29, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I've traveled all over the world for both business and pleasure and this is one of the nicest, cleanest, friendliest and most comfortable establishments I've had the pleasure of staying in. The other glowing reviews are spot-on, so I won't rehash the same other than to just say you should stay here if you're fortunate enough to find an available room. My understanding is that Deb books up a year out for the key campus activities and game dates, so if your desired date is available, click "Book It" and don't look back. You'll be glad you did - it's a terrific hidden gem in Columbia. And if you like Burgers' smoked meats, Deb speaks your language. Thanks again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The house is located across the street from campus and within walking distance of downtown Columbia. I was very impressed with the interior of the house, well appointed and tastefully decorated. Breakfasts were delicious and made to our order. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I was new to the States on a new job at the Uni Hospital and wanted a place to spend a few days before I got on my feet. Thank goodness I found this place. The booking online was so easy despite my crappy Indian internet connection and a crappy credit card. This place has a lot of history with the university and the state of Missouri itself so I learned a lot frim the books they had at the BnB. The rooms are all themed and I stayed at the Missouri history room. You're served by uni students who work at the BnB and it is at par with any 5 star hotel in Europe, I can tell you that. The Chef Debbie has been kissed on her fingers by the god of cooking (who ever that is!), oh sweet heavens, I can't imagine how great the breakfasts were. And each day they have a different menu of some of the most amazing gastronomic combinations I have ever tried. They are also accommodative of your special requests (I had to box the breakfast up for a couple of days due to my schedule). I met some great people at the breakfast too and in fact made good friends with some of them.
The wifi is great, a 50in flat screen telly with all basic channels + an amazing back yard and a calm and cozy patio. The BnB is perfectly located in between the two main commercial roads here in Columbia, so I didn't find it hard getting around even though I didn't have a car. In fact discovering bthe place by walking around is the perfect thing to do when you are here.
The rates may look a bit on the pricey side but you are guaranteed to get more than what you pay for and that will , for sure melt your worries.... I will definitely bring my friends here when they come to visit me from abroad.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank dr_surajrajan
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We have stayed in many BandB's around the world and we would put this one in the top 5 (it would be the best if it had better views like the Cliffs of Mohr, castles or ocean views like we have seen from our window at other B&B's). but for Columbia MO it is a highly recommended stay. The staff was great and the breakfast was phenominal. Beds were perfect and the rooms were well equiped. If you are visiting for MU purposes- the campus is right across the street...very convenient. We'll go back and recommend this one to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family