“Best Indian Food in Columbia!”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #214 of 407 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Reviewed 17 January 2008

This is it, the best Indian food in Columbia. Some may argue for India House, but not me. This is my favorite and I would eat here daily if I could.
First time I ate here was a weekend at lunch and they had a buffet available, but I've only eaten there at dinner since so I don't know much more about it. But it was a good buffet with lots of vegetarian options.
Taj Mahal serves North Indian food, so no dosai available, but the chana masala and the aloo gobi are both delicious, and the bread assortment is great.
I love introducing my Midwestern family to the complexities of Indian spices. They were never into chickpeas or lentils before, but afterwards they are ready to admit some major interest. They tell me that the standby chicken tikka masala is very good here, but I only eat the wonderful vegetable dishes.
Taj Mahal is located on a side street in downtown Columbia, and parking on the street is not a problem in the evenings or on weekends. You might have to walk a couple of blocks if you're here on a weekday at noon, though.
Columbia is home to good Indian food, and it's at Taj Mahal! And they deliver.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 5 January 2008

decent Indian food, but sometimes service is slow for stay-in diners when they're busy with deliveries & take-out orders.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!