“Great food & service”

Sycamore
Ranked #16 of 394 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sycamore’s mission is to provide seasonal, market-driven fare at affordable prices for the Columbia community. Our focus is to serve fresh, quality dishes prepared in a creative, healthful way. Our staff is trained in all aspects of the menu and wine service, with an emphasis on understanding and respecting the kitchen. Our chef uses local purveyors when possible, and our menu features produce, cheese, meat, and value-added products from Columbia and the surrounding area.
Atlanta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Four of us met for a business dinner here. The menu had many great choices; I chose the braised short ribs which were tender & delicious. For dessert I had a rhubarb pistachio cornbread upside down cake - sounded interesting, tasted awesome. Service was professional and attentive but not intrusive. Loved the atmosphere, too. It was a little more expensive place than I typically visit but worth it for a nice occasion.

Columbia, Missouri, USA
“Just might be the best restaurant in town”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

First of all, I consider myself a foodie. I have been to everywhere in Italy, France and lots of Asian countries. My mission is: Life is short, have a good meal

I have living in Columbia MO for over 5 years now. I have been to almost every single restaurant in the town. Before visiting this restaurant last weekend, CC's was always my top choice for a luxury meal.

To start, we ordered house made gnocchi. The flavor isn't overpowering, but the flavors are in layers. You have the flavors in shiitake mushrooms (stocks, maybe), herbs, butter and parmigiano cheese and good olive oil. Dip your bread into the plate. You're in heaven.

For entries, we ordered duck leg and patched pork. The duck leg is served with mash potatoes and spinach. The leg is fried in perfection. The skin is crispy and full of flavors, and the meat just fell of the bones. If people tells me this dish is prepared by a Michelin Star chef, I'll believe it.
The patched pork is served with kimchi and sesame potato balls. In Asia, the sesame seed ball is usually filled with red bean paste (a famous Asian dessert), The potato filling certainly surprised us. The chef provides 3-4 chunk of pork, 1 or 2 of the chunks have pork fat on it. Full of flavors! Not greasy, not overpowering. It's like eating the best butter in the world. And the pork goes very well with the kimchi.

Last, I want to introduce you the best dessert I've ever ate in the US. Creme brulee! Unlike others, their custard is super moist, and not overpowering with sweetness. You can easily taste the freshness. The flavor will stay on your tongue for a long time.

In the end, the restaurant may not have the luxuries from the look, but with their selection of amazing food and creativity, they might just beat everyone else in town. This restaurant deserves to be recognized. If this restaurant is opened in New York, I would say it has the Michelin star quality.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jill C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“See they're not Always slow”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

One of our favorite downtown places. Quiet comfortable but leisurely pace of lunchtime service and menu hasn't changed in a couple of years so you don't want it to be a daily hangout. Food is imaginative and very high quality and the wine&beer selection impressive and wellpriced. We had invited friends to join us for lunch and they appeared just as we were finishing dessert. Their hastily ordered meals appeared in five minutes so the kitchen can move when it wants to.

Columbia, Missouri
“Great food, local flavors”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is an absolute gem in the Columbia, MO restaurant offerings. Unique menu with locally supplied meats and ingredients. Plus a beer menu that will amaze; service that is attentive, yet understated; and desserts which will make you wish you started your meal with one.

• Visited February 2014
Weston, MO
“Can't miss enjoyable experience, but I wanted to like it more...”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We arrived early for a weeknight dinner after a long work day - greeting from the hostess and server was upbeat and professional and warm. Seating at a white tablecloth deuce was pleasant; ambience was easy and not too loud. We tried the signature parmesan crusted fries as a starter - good, but not crisp enough - the house made ketchup was the bomb. Main courses? Good, or even better than good - short rib a little dry, duck out of the world. Potato galette overcooked on the edges, mashed potatoes a little lumpy.
Now, the key lime tart with blackberries.... total redemption. We'll give Sycamore another chance and hope to upgrade the rating, but for now it's totally safe but totally not inspiring.

• Visited May 2014