“Disgusting!”

Days Inn Columbia I-70
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This is hands down, the dirtiest motel I have ever stayed at. The room my wife and I had was a non-smoking and smelled like a cigarette. The bathroom had stains on the wall that looked like blood. How the cleaning crew missed that, I am not sure. Overall a creepy and disgusting $80.00 down the drain. Spend the extra $10 and get a better motel.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed her for 4 days in the middle of March 2012. The motel wasn't impressive from the outside, but the room seemed newly updated, was very clean & quiet and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The bed appeared to be new, mattress was pillow-topped and very comfy, all linens were extremely clean.

Even tho you could tell it was an older building, everything was very updated and clean .. except for the outlets -- seemed to be only one on the wall with the TV so I had to ask about that problem -- was promptly remedied.

Very economical and conveniently located. I will stay there again this week.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Do not stay here.The online photos are misleading the photos of the main lobby are not even of this hotel! rooms were dirty, had roaches, had hair on the "clean" hand towel, also had stains on the comforter. It was so bad we checked out 15 minutes after checking in... and don't think of getting a refund.. The manager doesn't speak good english in his own words he said "we had a lot of people leave after 15 minutes so you have to ask for a refund before then" if that tells you anything!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed two nights at the Econo Lodge in March 2012. at first the outside and surrounding area made me think I messed up booking a room here. But once inside it was very clean, the room was big, beds were comfortable, carpet appeared nearly new. Had a fairly good free breakfast and was a good location to get to Mizzou. Has a nice indoor pool and hotub area. It is not a 3 or 4 star hotel by any means but definitely a good ecomonic place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2011

If you're looking for cheap, this will fit the bill. However, my room's heat was turned off when I arrived at around 10pm, and I didn't start to feel reasonably warm until close to 2am. The room was reasonably clean, though a little of the "used to be a smoking room a decade ago" smell to it. Breakfast was very basic, but adequate. Overall, I wouldn't necessarily recommend against it if you are looking for clean and inexpensive, but I'd spend the extra $10 and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Unless I am on a vacation and spend lots of time at the hotel, I really don't need anything fancy - just clean! Stayed two nights to visit daughter in college. Small, older hotel. Yes it could use some updating but the king bed was really comfortable (nice pillowtop mattress) and clean. Counter and mirror outside of bathroom which I love so I can get ready while husband steams up the bathroom! Breakfast room only sat 9 so we took ours up to the room. Free Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, danish, bagels, etc. Was every carpet, tile, grout, wall, etc., freshly scrubbed/painted and brand new? - No! But was it perfectly acceptable for a quick stay? - Absolutely!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Since it was late, and we had run out of options, we ended up here. The room was clean, and the beds were adequate. It was quiet.

This econo lodge has beds and a table, dresser and a chair that look like they date to the early 1960's. Carpeting is thin print wall to wall indoor outdoor carpeting in a hunter green . All rooms were accessed from a central hallway. Halfway down a long hallway, there were vending machines and an ice machine.

Expect to find paper thin towels, plastic glasses, and a hanging rod, rather than a closet in each room. One plus, the sink located is outside of the lavoratory, so one person can bathe, while another uses the sink, with some degree of privacy.

Heating and cooling is provided by a single room unit embedded into the far wall. The room was quite hot when we arrived, as this unit was not turned on even though it was summer in Missouri, and I found this surprising.

LInens were clean but thin, without a comfortable blanket. There were old style fifties quilted bedspreads.

The hallways were stained, but of course one does not sleep in the hallway.

There are a number of good restaurants nearby, and many other choices at this particular exit. It is accessed from an access road paralleling I-70, and easy to get into, compared with some of the more luxurious hotels in the area, including a Comfort Suites and Hampton Inn.

The main advantage that I expected were in a lower rate, but as it turns out its not inexpensive.

This would not be my first choice were I to stop again, but it offers an adequate's night's rest and basic necessities to get moving in. But this hotel is strictly basic and stripped. You will find no extras whatsover. However, the rooms were clean, and the beds reasonably comfortable. So I wouldn't advise avoiding this one, to keep driving. But I would not seek this hotel out either. Its nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends