“Best bang for your buck”

Days Inn Columbia I-70
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Great front desk staff.
pet friendly
NEW BEDS
CLEAN
15.00 more than Motel 6 with FREE BREAKFAST!
Free WIFI
GREAT CHANNEL SELECTION AND TV GUIDE

CONS:

Need a power strip for the computer desk please.
Could need the door jams painted, and a flat screen TV but then it could rival the Marriott!

Room Tip: Chose an even room 102, 104, 106 etc to park next to the window to keep an eye on your car if travel...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TahoeLOC
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback to us and to the other readers as well. We have indeed extended our arms to your adorable pets and provided free WIFI connection as we have recognized they are growing in demand. We are glad our efforts to improve are appreciated by our guests.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

We chose the Econolodge because of so many good reviews. The room had everything we needed and the breakfast provided was great! We were disappointed with the appearance - washing the windows & doors would make it much more appealing.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Darrel L

Thank you for spending a few moments to review us. We are happy to hear that our room has provided you with what you needed that time. We appreciate comments and suggestions like these and use them to guide our future actions.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Motel was O.K., fairly reasonable and a quick "off and on" for freeway. Staff was friendly at check-in and it was fast as we had made reservations since it was Labor Day weekend. Continental breakfast was average.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

We appreciate that you have left a simple and fair comment. Our staff is ready to assist you in making your vacation hassle free. We are happy to have been your companion for the holiday weekend. We hope in the future you will book with us again.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Found this place because we need a hotel that was pet friendly. We were traveling with two dogs and this turned out to be a great place to stay. Clean, quiet, nice size rooms for a budget price. Pretty hard to go wrong here. It is right on interstate so it was easy to get on an off. Large park area right on property to exercise your pet. I would stay here again even if I didn't have our dogs with us. It's not a Holiday Inn, but it's not a $100 a night either.

Room Tip: Not sure if they are available but there are some rooms with outside entrances. Would have been nice...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving a good recommendation. We are pleased that you and your pets have enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our location and happy that this has been a convenience for you. We provide as much as can within our budget class as we would like our guest to feel that they have found staying with us a great deal and worth every penny.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

You people who are giving this joint high reviews - what are you smoking? Or, as I suspect, are the owners gaming the reviews? This, my friends, is a dump. A very scary dump. (Employees who stand around aimlessly, look at you funny, and then follow you up the stairs. Long interior hallways that remind you of "The Shining." An eery parking lot that's largely hidden from the road and dimly lit.)

The rooms smell nasty, in that "don't think too hard about the smells we're covering up or you'll puke" way. And even the non-smoking rooms smell like smoke. I know because I had to change rooms after check-in, due to the smokey smell, and the second room was only mildly better than the first.

(Mech/Tech notes: The phones didn't work properly in either room. The shower spewed brown water when I first turned it on. But the wi-fi was super fast.)

Simply put, if I had a daughter, there's no way I would let her stay here. As they say about so many interstate dives, you'd be better off sleeping in your car at a rest stop.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank WingedLizard

Thank you for giving us your feedback. We have received comments about the smell and are working to keep the place fresh, as we desire to make your stop more relaxing. Please note that we have regular checks and maintenance so we can welcome guests at our best. We hope that next time you reconsider staying in our hotel.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I chose to stay here 2 nights to take advantage of one of the Choice promotoins for points. I wasn't expecting much yet my bath was spotless and the room was very clean. It is alittle worn but the price was right. I've only stayed in 1 other Econolodge and this one was by far nicer than the first. If I'm ever in Columbia and the Comfort Suites is full, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate that you have made a fair comment; even more when you stated that you are willing to stay with us again. Indeed, we have been in the hospitality business for some time and we understand that we have to keep up with our guests’ preferences. Please know that these matters are in our mind in our everyday operation.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

THIS HOTEL WAS RECENTLY PURCHASED BY SOMEONE WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT THEIR GUESTS the last time I stayed here in Nov 2011 it was bad and had roaches my sister lives there and told me of the new owner and convinced me to go again OH MY WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I stayed here on July 9 2012 they have just remodeled this hotel and it was very clean and no more bugs and it was very comfortable the bed was so welcoming and soft I missed breakfast because i did not want to get out of it there are many many amenities within 5 miles the indoor pool and hot tub are very inviting and clean I recommend it highly you will be glad you stayed here!

Room Tip: my tip for a good room is get one on the 2nd floor toward the front of building it seems that the 20...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for a wonderful recommendation. We appreciate that you have given our hotel a second chance. This confirms our efforts to provide our guests with a satisfying experience are in effect. We would love to have you as our guest again.