“Very Good....”

South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good....”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was our second year going here instead of a banquet where the tickets were >$30 for meatloaf and peas & carrots. The first year was great and the second year was just as good. A group of 30 is a bit of a challenge only to figure where to put everyone. the restaurant is small but comfortable if it is a group up to 6 shouldn't cause an issue.
We arrive at about 1800 hrs to find our server waiting for us as we seat he and his son are always right there.friendly and full of information about the menu. This is a mark of excellence. The food ordered was everything from Lobster tail to beef Marsala all of it including the appetizers were top notch.
Now in order for you to truly appreciate a fine dining experience you must understand that a group of 30 got in and out in..2 hours. That is super. Some of our group expected Applebees fast service, so you must understand when you go here you go here to 1. enjoy your company, 2. enjoy the service 3 Enjoy the food. If you want speedy service. just the style of restaurant says aint gonna happen. the is the way they roll.
So to close I will return next year with my group as this is a fine dining establishment. The kitchen that I was shown after i mentioned another review I had read was spotless and clean equipment. their last food inspection was good only had a mark for food on prep table being -5 deg. off acceptable which is fixable.
Head on over to Jacks when you have a bit for a real old school meal, they have it all Prime Rib, Lobster, salads.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Traveler201360288

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Jack's did a wonderful job for our rehearsal dinner!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I worked with Melissa on setting up the menu and wine and felt very confident everything would turn out great. It did!! She even ordered in a type of red wine that I requested, that they normally don't carry. We had 42 family members in the Coronado Room and the food and atmosphere was wonderful! Everything was hot and fresh and we had excellent service from our two waitresses. I heard many complements on the food. We ended our evening with a choice of Butterfinger ice cream pie or Key Lime pie and both were delicious. We live out of state but go to Jack's for special occasions when we are visiting in town. They are the 'go to' restaurant when we want great food and atmosphere!

• Visited September 2013
Macon, Missouri
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My first and last visit. Service to take our orders was too slow. When the entrees were served one was not the cut that was ordered. The other plates sat and got cold waiting for a replacement for the wrong one. I then discovered my filet, which I had ordered medium/well, was actually rare. I tried to eat it anyway so we wouldn't have to wait even longer for another replacement. By now everybody's food had gotten a bit too cold.

• Visited April 2013
Columbia, Missouri, United States
“Best Restaurant in Columbia”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My family and I went to Jack's this past weekend. The lounge menu was perfect for my 4 and 7 year old and the other menu was great for my husband and me. We had great service and the waiter was very knowledgable. They even had a man playing the piano, which kept my children entertained. Both the owner and his wife came by to talk to us and seemed very friendly. The food was also excellent. My chicken cordon bleu was great and my husband's steak was cooked and seasoned as he wanted it. We hope to go back on a date without the kids. The red leather booths seem so romantic!

• Visited February 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Poorly prepared, poor quality, sad to see. A venerable place in this town. But, food just aint that good.

Visited April 2012