“Don't care if it's the only option”

Budget Host Columbia
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here during homecoming and of course it was overpriced. Would not book here again, even if it is the last room. We booked 2 rooms. In one room the toilet did not work. The shower heads are too low, someone over 5' 2" needs to duck to get under it. I ended up leaving a pair of shoes there, I live in OK. I called 3 times before the shipped them to me. The 1st time I called, they said the would call me back to see if I left them there, I had to call back & they were there. They said they would ship them to me. I called back the 3rd time and they still had not shipped them because I needed to give them my credit card info to charge shipping (fine), but no one told me that previously or called me. FINALLY, I get my shoes, they charged me $20 when shipping was only $7.50. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KRock5472
KevinReape, Public Relations Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

We are extremely disappointed that we were unable to accommodate your needs and apologize for the inconvenience caused, especially the height of the shower head. This property was constructed at least 35 years ago and the shower heads are placed sometimes high and sometimes low. We also apologize for the wait on the shipment of your shoes as we missed getting your credit card information when you called for them.
Once again, our sincere apologies and we will dedicate more effort and time in training our staff and taking corrective steps to make our guest experience more pleasant.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Not worth $75 a night. Friendly desk clerk but slow check in, fast secure wifi, tube TV with basic cable, about what I expected for an old budget hotel but still overpriced. Mini frig a little small. Bed soft. No other major complaints. I don't know what they normally charge but wouldn't stay here again at the price I paid during a slower weekend. It's supply and demand during Mizzou game weekends.A better hotel would have also been overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank P S

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. We do apologize if you experienced any inconvenience besides the rate you were charged. Like every other business when rooms are in premium demand the rate does rise somewhat. We try our best to keep our rates reasonable, especially during busy times. We certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your host, especially on a normal visit, so that we can extend our usual hospitality. Thank you again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stopped here on our drive from NC to CO. Pretty standard hotel altho it was labor day weekend and it seemed like there were a few loud parties going on. Nice spot right next to I70. They gave us free cookies when we checked in, place was clean, Ice maker worked, had a microwave, Not bad for a nights stay. The usual "you get what you pay for".

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We do appreciate the positive remarks from our guests and are glad to have met their needs. However, it is even more pleasing when we achieve complete satisfaction for our guests. We will continue our efforts in doing our best to assure a pleasant stay for all our guests.
Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts and we will look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I am not sure what is with all of the bad reveiews on this hotel. The staff was excellent. The front desk went out of the way to help with anything I asked, and brought cookies to my kids upon check in. The room was clean. Free breakfast and a decent pool. No complaints from me!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Iamrunlola

Thank you very much for the favorable response. We do appreciate when our guests have a positive experience during their stay. We value all our guests and always try our best to assure that they have a pleasant and satisfactory stay. Try as we may we do not always succeed in doing so and are extremely pleased when our guests share a positive response with us. Once again we thank you and as always welcome your return.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Can we say sad! Made reservations on Priceline. Checked in and went to room. Noticed two lamps had no bulbs and gap at bottom of door. Went back to tournament and came back to find sewer back up into tub while we were gone. Went to desk they said they would send maîntanace over. Man shows up and looks in tub comes out and says the desk will call us. they call tell us they are moving us to an upgraded room. Ok we walk to the new room a couple doors down, ac don't work. Back to desk I go, they give us another room a few more doors down. Great lights work, ac works, we thought finally a decent room. Wrong, the sheets didn't fit the bed and kept popping off every time one of us moved. Ok survived the night, so we went for the "breakfast". Needless to say we didn't eat after my husband picked up a biscuit and couldn't even break it apart to out anything on it. Not a pleasant experience and lesson learned. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2013
TravelodgeColumbia, Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We made every effort possible to ensure that your stay was comfortable, and do regret that we were unable to satisfy your needs. We would appreciate another opportunity to be your host and to ensure that your stay is pleasant and comfortable.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I am in a room here now and there is a used filled condom in the garbage. Horrible! When I called the from desk to complain she apologized but did nothing but offer another room. Not cleaned properly al the rooms are the same, dirty. Then when I wanted the manager I was told the manager was out of town and that's it. Then she offered me a $10 discount for my next stay! When I laughed at that she said " you know what, whatever " and hung up on me. Stay away!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 23 November 2012

This place is a dump. I never leave reviews, but this one is worth leaving. I couldn't even get a partial refund. Once they take your money they won't give it back. If you do stay here look at your room before paying.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Julie M
TravelodgeColumbia, Public Relations Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2012

Dear Guest,
We are unaware of your situation as your stay occured during the month of August when this hotel was a Travelodge and the Guest Services manager was not the same. The ownership has converted this hotel to a Budget Host Inn and there have been changes in management.
Hence we do apologize that we are unable to verify your concerns at this time and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you under better circumstances.